21700 battery chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
There are slight variations in every single cell. Some of them don't perform as good as they should, so they're rated lower(B or C) and sold cheaper than their A graded cousins.

However, considering that Samsung, Sanyo/Panasonic, Sony and LG have very high quality standards, lower grade cells from these manufacturers still outperform most "china-cells".

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Aw come on. That stupid ...... gave himself a facial correction with the help of a mech mod. There are hundreds of possibilities why he blew up, and the same might have happened with brand new A-grade cells. But if you want money, it's always better to blame someone else for your idiocy of course.

That said, it's still prefereable to buy A-grade cells from the Big4 for that extra bit or safety and performance, but that still doesn't make their lower grades bad, especially in comparison to a lot of the other crap you can purchase out there, like noname cells from S**tfire, AWT, and a whole bunch of other rewrapping companies.;)

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Aw come on. That stupid ...... gave himself a facial correction with the help of a mech mod.
Aw come on! Efest sells substandard cells and everyone knows it. No sense in defending them. That's a losing game. And Efest is very commonly sold at vape shops is a huge crime IMHO. Vapers should be using grade A cells and nothing less.

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2018
Berlin
We have, I think, to differ between reasons for Rewrapping of genuine cells. In Europe, for Example, we have directive 2006/66/EC. In this directive the European Union (item 21) instruct how a battery should be shown-up on the market.
I heard, that in France and Italy off-line shops are not allowed to sell anymore genuine batteries as they are.
Another reason whould be IMO to allow yourself as a company to switch between bare cells behind the shrink, in order to be flexible. Those companies must be punished by the customers hard as soon as they would be caught with such a behaviour.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I tend to buy lithium cells from vendors who specialize in battery sales. RTDVapor, IMRBatteries, Battery Bro, etc. The prices are generally cheaper than vape shops and the quality is guaranteed to be OEM. So far, the cells I get from them tend to have internal resistance numbers in the 20 something ohm range.

The last thing I want is for a cell to go into runaway meltdown while I'm holding it in a mod. So far, so good. Internal resistance values indicate condition and longevity of a cell. The Zanflare C4 charger provides resistance reading and right now it's my favorite charger.

Last edited:

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Aw come on! Efest sells substandard cells and everyone knows it. No sense in defending them. That's a losing game. And Efest is very commonly sold at vape shops is a huge crime IMHO. Vapers should be using grade A cells and nothing less.
Standards are subjective, because objectively speaking there just isn't anything like that. All manufacturers just guess. Including the Big4.

But that doesn't matter here. And neither am I defending Efest.
If you have the option to get genuine grade A cells, you should always go for those.
But not everyone has that option and there are a lot worse options than grade B or even C cells from the Big4 out there.;)

• Agree
Reactions: Robin Becker

Sarah Deng

Dec 27, 2018
Greetings,
I've been using 18650s for the last few years and I have been charging them with efest LUC chargers, the LUC 6 most recently.
I'm getting ready to invest in some 21700s and I'm just curious which chargers people prefer for these batteries. Also curious if anyone has any experience using LUC chargers with 21700s.
Thanks
Greetings,
I've been using 18650s for the last few years and I have been charging them with efest LUC chargers, the LUC 6 most recently.
I'm getting ready to invest in some 21700s and I'm just curious which chargers people prefer for these batteries. Also curious if anyone has any experience using LUC chargers with 21700s.
Thanks
Hi guy, for 21700s batteries, Eizfan charger is a great option such as Eizfan LCD X4 4bay fits 4pcs*21700s, lcd x6 6bay fits 5pcs*21700s, charging current X4 -0.25A×4/0.5A×4/1A×4/2A×2; X6-0.5A×6/1A×6/2A×3/4A×2

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
What are you considering?
What I would like is an 8 bay that has a simple screen. Needs to accept 21700 & 18650, preferably in all bays. Choice of .5-2 amp charge. Some I have looked at the menu seems a pita for us simple minded folk. Love my luc 6 due to the simplicity of the screen.

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
What I would like is an 8 bay that has a simple screen. Needs to accept 21700 & 18650, preferably in all bays. Choice of .5-2 amp charge. Some I have looked at the menu seems a pita for us simple minded folk. Love my luc 6 due to the simplicity of the screen.
Yeah, I've been need using the Luc 6 for quite some time now. I love it too.
The fact that this one only charges up to one amp was not a deal-breaker for me because I try to charge as low as I can, within time constraints.
This is a very simple charger, however. I haven't read the manual and I had it figured out in about 30 seconds.
The only thing I don't really like about it is that the screen goes dormant after a while and you have to tap a button to bring it up. I like to be able to just walk by the charger and check the batts.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yeah, I've been need using the Luc 6 for quite some time now. I love it too.
The fact that this one only charges up to one amp was not a deal-breaker for me because I try to charge as low as I can, within time constraints.
This is a very simple charger, however. I haven't read the manual and I had it figured out in about 30 seconds.
The only thing I don't really like about it is that the screen goes dormant after a while and you have to tap a button to bring it up. I like to be able to just walk by the charger and check the batts.
I read when it goes darK if you hold the button for a few seconds the screen will stay on for you. Thank you for the reply.

Reactions: frjaldomr

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
The only reason I went with the 88 is that I vape at fairly high wattages and go through a fair amount of batteries and with the added charge time of 21700s compared to 18650s I wanted to have some backup batteries.

I vape low, and I'm only going to be using a 21700 in one mod, so I think this will be enough for me. If not, I always have my trusty XTAR VP2 to fall back on for 18650s.

UPDATE: Ended up ordering the 88, after all, 'cause the 44 was out of stock and I am an impatient brat. Besides, at the rate I'm going, I'll need eight bays soon enough anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread