21700 battery chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
The Gyrfalcon All-88 arrived yesterday. Neither the box nor the manual say that it charges 21700 batteries, though it was billed as doing so on IMRbatteries. I have written to inquire what's what.

I purchased mine from IMR batteries and I believe I remember seeing 21700 listed on their site, also.
I've had mine for a couple of weeks and I've been charging my 30Ts with no issues.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I purchased mine from IMR batteries and I believe I remember seeing 21700 listed on their site, also.
I've had mine for a couple of weeks and I've been charging my 30Ts with no issues.
That's comforting to learn, but I still want to know why the Gyrfalcon packaging and manual do not jibe with the claims made by IMRbatteries. Not only does the listing for the charger say it supports many batteries not mentioned in the Gyrfalcon materials, but a customer question asking specifically whether the charger could be used with 21700s was answered with a resounding yes.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I am officially an idiot: I just checked to see whether a Samsung 40T 21700 battery would fit in the XTAR VP2, and it did. So I spent $54.95, plus shipping, on a great big charger I don't need. Oh well. I can tuck the Gyrfalcon away for later, I suppose. It charges a whole slew of batteries, so it could come in handy at some point. Or maybe I'll just try to sell it. I wish I could get into the Classifieds here.

Grumble.

1/11/19: After a decent night's sleep I am feeling less buyer's remorse today. It helps that I'm currently charging eight batteries at a pop, which is a wonderful luxury. Besides, it's not a bad idea to have a backup charger, right?

1/12/18: The charger I've been using for AAA batteries generously decided to give up the ghost yesterday, giving me yet another reason to feel better about the Gyrfalcon, which handles them beautifully.

I am coming around.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Great list. I was surprised my charger was listed and had 3 :) faces.
I had a set of ping i3 irons in a black bag with ping sewed in white. I had a mishmash of woods. Broke my back, many surgeries later, lost ability to swing club without blowing back completely out, gave clubs to friend. I golf no more. :(

Edit: oh I’m glad you liked the list, I find it very helpful. Just wanted to keep on subject while reminiscing about the good ole days your user name reminded me of.

• Love
Reactions: Zazie

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I had a set of ping i3 irons in a black bag with ping sewed in white. I had a mishmash of woods. Broke my back, many surgeries later, lost ability to swing club without blowing back completely out, gave clubs to friend. I golf no more. :(

Edit: oh I’m glad you liked the list, I find it very helpful. Just wanted to keep on subject while reminiscing about the good ole days your user name reminded me of.

I have to take some pictures this week. I still have a set of Ping i3 irons. They were my first custom made irons and of course this was a long time ago but I shot my two best rounds using them in our club championship. I shot a 74 and 76. I still use Ping clubs and my current set are the Ping G's Sorry to hear you had to give up the game.

Reactions: madstabber

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I have to take some pictures this week. I still have a set of Ping i3 irons. They were my first custom made irons and of course this was a long time ago but I shot my two best rounds using them in our club championship. I shot a 74 and 76. I still use Ping clubs and my current set are the Ping G's Sorry to hear you had to give up the game.
They were my first custom irons as well and I shot my best round with them also,lol. Just golfing with friends but I shot a 78, the only time I ever broke 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread