Status
Not open for further replies.

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
Greetings,
I've been using 18650s for the last few years and I have been charging them with efest LUC chargers, the LUC 6 most recently.
I'm getting ready to invest in some 21700s and I'm just curious which chargers people prefer for these batteries. Also curious if anyone has any experience using LUC chargers with 21700s.
Thanks

Reactions: Letitia

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
The Luc V4 is too short. You can squeeze 2x700s in, but it's far from being comfortable.

The Enova Gyrfalcon All-44 is a great charger for 2x700s that comfortably charges 4 of them at 1, 0.5, 0.25 and 0.1amps. The lower settings are more suited for NiMH cells however, which can be charged at the same time, because each slot has its own settings.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
I use a self charger: I put the batt ends between my finger and thumb, go outside and grab a lightning poll and wait.
You should try static electricity. It takes as long as waiting for a lightning, but at least you're not idle in the meantime, because you're busy rubbing you body against the carpet.

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2018
Berlin
I use a self charger: I put the batt ends between my finger and thumb, go outside and grab a lightning poll and wait.

Tried it at home and it is too slow for me. Therefore decided to use this guy:

Iron_Man.JPG

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I use the Miboxer C4-12 and it is an excellent charger, especially for the 21700. It can charge 3 amps across all four bays and it’s very roomy. It’s easy to get in between the cells as well as plenty of length to accommodate the longer cells. It has plenty of charge rate options as well so charging smaller cells, or if you want to charge the bigger batteries slower, is not a problem. I believe I paid around $30-$35 for mine and it’s been one of the best values purchases I’ve made.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
I use the Miboxer C4-12 and it is an excellent charger, especially for the 21700. It can charge 3 amps across all four bays and it’s very roomy. It’s easy to get in between the cells as well as plenty of length to accommodate the longer cells. It has plenty of charge rate options as well so charging smaller cells, or if you want to charge the bigger batteries slower, is not a problem. I believe I paid around $30-$35 for mine and it’s been one of the best values purchases I’ve made.
1amp charging per cell is the max you should go for if you want decent cyclelife, otherwise you'll need to buy new cells a lot sooner than you might think.

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
1amp charging per cell is the max you should go for if you want decent cyclelife, otherwise you'll need to buy new cells a lot sooner than you might think.

Back when I was using 26650 mechs I charged at .5 if I had the time, 1 amp if I was in a bit of a hurry.
Mooch is speaking highly of the Vapcell Purple 3100mah 35A 21700. Anybody have any experience with these?

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
That's the way I charge all my cells.

If you can't get your hands on the Samsung 30T, this rewrap of that cell is definitively worth a look.
But the 30T is widely available right now, at least in Europe, so I wouldn't waste my money on the more expensive Vapcell rewrap.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I love XTAR chargers Robin Becker, especially the VC2/4 ones with the super nice display. XTAR also sells a 6 USB port power supply and each port can supply 2.4A each. This is also very nice and better than other ones I have purchased. Works great for the VC2/4 too. I could only find them at IMRBatteries though. I have 2 VC4 and they are very reliable chargers.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
All my devices are regulated and very happy with the Samsung 40T, great life. Luc 6 won't fit the 21700 batteries, looking at the Golisi s6 myself, I don't need all the bells and whistles, just a 6 bay that shows volts keeps me happy.

I've been using the Golisi S2 with no issues for several months -- 21700s fit easily, display shows Percentage charged, and below that you can cycle through Voltage, mAH input, and time on charger. Lowest charge rate is 1 Amp.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I've been using the Golisi S2 with no issues for several months -- 21700s fit easily, display shows Percentage charged, and below that you can cycle through Voltage, mAH input, and time on charger. Lowest charge rate is 1 Amp.
Thanks, found a couple people using the s6 and are happy with theirs as well. I'll just get it and keep the Luc 6 for a 18650 backup. Already have the Enook alien for a 21700 backup, works but no screen which bugs me a bit.

Reactions: BillW50

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2018
Berlin
I would never use (but it is my own opinion) a 12V charger without an external Power-supplier, so all those chargers with integrated inverter like Nitecore, Efest, Golisy are for me out of the question. Why? because considering the safety of a device, the inverter is the most critical point.
I remember a case 3, or 4 years ago, when someone in the UK died from a short-circuit on Nitecore charger. I don´t remember if that was the D4 or i4...

• Agree
Reactions: BillW50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread