Coughing from e-cigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gital

Sep 28, 2010
USA
Ok so I first got my ecigs around 5-6 months ago and from the moment I got it I put down actual cigs without a problem. That is till a few days before thanksgiving when I started to get what I thought was a cold and between the not feeling well and some personall issues I picked up a pack of cigarettes. NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!! I had honestly not only been off cigs for 3 months then but had nearly gotten off the e-cig aswell. Ever since then though every time I pick up an e-cig and take a puff its like I took a hit off a joint and burns my throat and sends me into coughing fits. I have cleaned and replaced everything aswell as tried multiple different bottles of liquid (in case 1 was contaminated). Nothing has helped. All my liquids are what is standard from madvapes. I have tried to inhale different slower faster smaller and larger inhalations but nothing changes. I would really love to switch back to the ecigs again but cannot figure out what has changed and truly beleive that this was what was making me think I was getting a cold when I bought the pack of cigs near thanksgiving because I was fine the next day. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I think some of us start vaping BECAUSE the cigs had already started bringing health problems (bronchitis for me.)

Whilst vaping COULD be the case of your coughing, it could well be the lasting damage from the smoking, being ascerbated by the vaping...

The only time I have ever coughed from vaping was with 24mg ry4 on a hv device....

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Have you tried a new atomizer? I had one that made me cough (think it was broken).

I have cleaned and replaced everything aswell as tried multiple different bottles of liquid (in case 1 was contaminated). Nothing has helped.

Seems he may have... I did actually cough my guts up the other night, now I remember it... Had been dripping on a regualr 510 atty using the blank cart mouthpiece in leui of a drip tip... The plastic that makes contact with the atty bed had started melting, so I was inhaling burned plastic... Sore and delicate throat for the next day and a half... Not nice... :facepalm:

steamhit

Feb 11, 2011
Philippines
Ok so I first got my ecigs around 5-6 months ago and from the moment I got it I put down actual cigs without a problem. That is till a few days before thanksgiving when I started to get what I thought was a cold and between the not feeling well and some personall issues I picked up a pack of cigarettes. NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!! I had honestly not only been off cigs for 3 months then but had nearly gotten off the e-cig aswell. Ever since then though every time I pick up an e-cig and take a puff its like I took a hit off a joint and burns my throat and sends me into coughing fits. I have cleaned and replaced everything aswell as tried multiple different bottles of liquid (in case 1 was contaminated). Nothing has helped. All my liquids are what is standard from madvapes. I have tried to inhale different slower faster smaller and larger inhalations but nothing changes. I would really love to switch back to the ecigs again but cannot figure out what has changed and truly beleive that this was what was making me think I was getting a cold when I bought the pack of cigs near thanksgiving because I was fine the next day. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

I had same issue in my dse901 but when i change the atomizer, it change. Watchout for the burn plastic touching the atomiser heating element aswell you might be inhaling burn plastic which is we all know DANGEROUS!

gital

Sep 28, 2010
USA
no the coughing is definately from the e-cigs as I can go a week without the slightest of a cough and the slightest puff of an e-cig sends me into a massive coughing fit. As far as equipment issues this is not the problem I have replaced atomizers tried 2 different brands of cartos aswell as used my mothers ecigs (that she uses all the time) nothing changes the effect. I am actually wondering if maybe I have developed some kind of allergy to the juice.

gital

Sep 28, 2010
USA
So its been 8 months since I posted this originally. During the 8 months I have gone back to analogs with no coughing issues and have periodically taken a puff off an ecig with the same result of an immediate and violent coughing fit. Today I got in both PG based, and VG based juices. Both still cause the caughing fits. I have been diagnosed with a form of yeast infection in my throat several times since I first started vaping. I imagine this is similar or the same as what people call thrush but my doctor has never used that term. Just wondering if anyone has any new thoughts or ideas as I would really like to switch back to vaping.

Cil

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
UK
I would buy some unflavoured PG (no nic) and the same VG, then try each on it own. If they both make you cough then, unfortunately, vaping might not be for you.

If you're OK with either of them, then I'd start adding Nic juice (unflavoured) and see how you go, then, if still OK, add some flavour of your choice and see how that goes.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread