Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA
I'm liking this thread and look forward to the info. I've been trying to find a place that has in stock, any recommended vendors?
I just got my dicodes 2380 and I love this mod. It has a great feel to it. I'm creating this thread in order to discuss this new temp regulated chip. I'm a bit lost on how to use it so let's get all of the info on this chip and what functions do what.

larspMuc

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
I own a Pipeline Pro v2 (= Dani Extreme v2) for 2 weeks now and I'm quite happy with it, using it almost exclusively in TC mode.
As I also own the previous version I'm already used to the menu system and the singe-button "user interface", but I can imagine that it's quite overwhelming for a first time user. This will become a lot easier over time, trust me ;)

larspMuc

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
There are some settings that I recommend to change from their default values at the beginning to reduce frustration potential:
(All in the "Extend. Funct. -> Mod Menu")
  • MenuOn Click: set it higher than 1 (default), else it's to easy to accidentally enter the menu and mess up your settings, I use 2 as in "double click" ;)
  • Click Speed: give yourself a rest and set it to at least 3 (2 default) until you get used to the menu
  • Auto Cal: set it to 0 (off) if you want to use TC mode. You want to initiate calibration when you are ready for it (atty cold, everything screwed together tightly), and not when the MOD thinks it's a good idea to calibrate
  • SwOff Time: if you keep OnClick at 0, at least 5min. Else you might trigger a strange bug where the MOD doesn't fire on first try if you wake it up. That's a problem I had and the recommended solution of Patrick Fleischer, owner/co-founder of Pipeline.
  • Other stuff in the Mod Menu is pretty much self-explaining, so have a look and RTFM (read the fantastic manual ;)
  • If you see SetDef on the screen and you DON'T want to reset to default settings, KEEP your fingers from the fire button and just let it pass..

larspMuc

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Yep. 620 for ni200 and calibrated. Oddly, just discovered it seems to work fine in Celsius.
Just tried this in reverse: with temperature set to 200C I switched from C to F. Temperature value was converted from 200C to 360F -> wrong.
I then fired and the indicated temperature was 392F -> spot on 200C.
When I set the temperature to 390F and fired, indicated temperature was 414F. Great, did we just find a bug in the temperature conversion of the chip?

Arthur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Houston, TX
Just tried this in reverse: with temperature set to 200C I switched from C to F. Temperature value was converted from 200C to 360F -> wrong.
I then fired and the indicated temperature was 392F -> spot on 200C.
When I set the temperature to 390F and fired, indicated temperature was 414F. Great, did we just find a bug in the temperature conversion of the chip?

Looks that way.

Arthur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Houston, TX
I can also confirm the Temp Down bug, same here. Feels a bit like we are the first people to ever switch it to Fahrenheit.. :-x
You are using an Extreme v2 or a 2380?

2380. On one hand I'm miffed that the mod is bugged considering how much I spent... On the other I'm glad it's not just me...

larspMuc

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
I can't wait to try the dicodes wire.
What I read on the german forum you should clean it really good and heat it up in TC mod before putting the wick in, quite a lot of residues to vent off..
And, as we just learned, put it into Celsius mode as Fahrenheit mode is foobar :(

2380. On one hand I'm miffed that the mod is bugged considering how much I spent... On the other I'm glad it's not just me...
I can only recommend to inform your resellers so that Dicodes gets to know this problem. I'm pretty sure they will fix it (with a replacement unit, thanks to non-upgradeable firmware), but they have to know it first.

Arthur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Houston, TX
I still get the error 4 when I take my first vape. ***. This is the most annoying part of this mod.

I've gotten that error, don't remember what it was or how I resolved it... On the current build it hasn't done it.... Make sure everything is tightened down and your coil isn't shorting anywhere is all I can tell you.

Arthur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Houston, TX
What I read on the german forum you should clean it really good and heat it up in TC mod before putting the wick in, quite a lot of residues to vent off..
And, as we just learned, put it into Celsius mode as Fahrenheit mode is foobar :(

I can only recommend to inform your resellers so that Dicodes gets to know this problem. I'm pretty sure they will fix it (with a replacement unit, thanks to non-upgradeable firmware), but they have to know it first.

Emailed ukecig store and left a review... I can totally use this thing in Celsius mode but let's see what happens. [emoji85]

Reactions: dems86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread