dicodes 2380, dicodes dani extreme and pipeline 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
I've gotten that error, don't remember what it was or how I resolved it... On the current build it hasn't done it.... Make sure everything is tightened down and your coil isn't shorting anywhere is all I can tell you.
I know that all of my connections are tight. I've gotten really good with ni200 builds.

larspMuc

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
I still get the error 4 when I take my first vape. ***. This is the most annoying part of this mod.
E4 is "OverCur: Short on coil or coil breakdown (open)", so without knowing your setup but given that it works on the second try (= there is no short), I assume you have a very low resistance build in TC mode and the wattage set "high". On first try the coil heats up a bit, but current gets also high to quick and you get E4. On second try with the slightly warmer coil current doesn't gets to high, the coil heats up further, thereby further reducing required current and TC can set in.
Can you try what happens if you reduce the wattage?

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Agreed, but let's see how they handle it before we light the torches and grab our pitchforks lol. Honestly it works fine in Celsius mode, but still....

well the best they can do is provide a firmware upgrade which, for me, will require international shipping and 2 weeks turnround probably so its not great either way. Anyway, as long as it works and i should be using Celsius as a good european ;)

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Ultimately the number doesn't really matter, just turn it up or down until you like it. I think I had mine on 210C and it was perfect.

agreed on that. I dont pay too much attention even in F!! As long as it vapes ok and not burning anything!

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
My 2380 will arrive sometime this week from Germany - annoyingly UK ECig was out of stock when I came to order.

So Fahrenheit mode is unusable in effect? Very poor show.

Anyone wanting to know more about Resistherm wire, Stainless Steel and TCR adjustments remember to check my thread: TC beyond Ni200: Nickel Purity, Dicodes; Ti, SS, Resistherm NiFe30; Coefficient of Resistance

I've been using Resistherm for a few days and it works pretty well, though I can't so far say it's hugely much better than Titanium or Stainless Steel.

Here's my first thoughts on Resistherm wire.

Reactions: dems86

Arthur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Houston, TX
My 2380 will arrive sometime this week from Germany - annoyingly UK ECig was out of stock when I came to order.

So Fahrenheit mode is unusable in effect? Very poor show.

Anyone wanting to know more about Resistherm wire, Stainless Steel and TCR adjustments remember to check my thread: TC beyond Ni200: Nickel Purity, Dicodes; Ti, SS, Resistherm NiFe30; Coefficient of Resistance

I've been using Resistherm for a few days and it works pretty well, though I can't so far say it's hugely much better than Titanium or Stainless Steel.

Here's my first thoughts on Resistherm wire.

Yep. Fahrenheit is completely useless but otherwise the thing is fine. I'll be interested to hear if yours has this bug when it arrives although I suspect it will.

I'm surprised dems hasn't been around to comment since I know how much he loves his 2830 too. Maybe he hasn't seen this thread, lol.

Reactions: TheBloke

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
Yep. Fahrenheit is completely useless but otherwise the thing is fine. I'll be interested to hear if yours has this bug when it arrives although I suspect it will.

I'm surprised dems hasn't been around to comment since I know how much he loves his 2830 too. Maybe he hasn't seen this thread, lol.

I sent him a link.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Titanium has been way better for me than the resistherm wire. The flavour I'm getting when combining it with my dripper is substantially better. Couple with the fact that you can get Ti in any gauge, to suit your handling purposes and its increased resistivity, I'd say it's substantially better.

As for my Dani v2 I'm quite happy right now; the temperature control works pretty well. But I'm eager to compare it to my Proteus when it's finally released. There are 2 things really annoying about it though. It doesn't have an onboard temperature sensor to calibrate itself to the ambient temperature automatically and you need to cycle through the menu to switch it off (instead of the standard 5 clicks).

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
I believe that this thing doesn't like ni200. I'm going to try titanium pretty soon. I've thrown a kanthal build on and I no longer get the error. I do like the boost setting at lower wattage with an 18350 look. This same ni200 build works fine on the dna 40 and sxminim. I guess they were like f ni200, our wire is better anyways. I feel the same way about ni200. I'm ready to throw it all out. I hate how there's not room in my squape in order to have a higher resistance. I have that coil just about stuffed in there and barely not touching the deck.

Arthur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Houston, TX
I believe that this thing doesn't like ni200. I'm going to try titanium pretty soon. I've thrown a kanthal build on and I no longer get the error. I do like the boost setting at lower wattage with an 18350 look. This same ni200 build works fine on the dna 40 and sxminim. I guess they were like f ni200, our wire is better anyways. I feel the same way about ni200. I'm ready to throw it all out.

What were the specs on your ni200 coil out of curiosity?

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
I just woke up, but it sounds like...

I need to use TC mode in Celsius, I should order some Titanium from Unkeman TODAY, and there was something else, but I'm still blinking my eyes clear ;)

BTW, I love my 2380, lol

Oh yeah, the power boost on this bad boy using kanthal is soo-weet (I love it in 350 mode, I can keep my watts down)

Subscribed

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Siam Diesel

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
What gauge? I feel like I got the error when I used 32ga but not when I used 28. Not that I know why that would make a difference lol
It's a 28ga build. I'm going to give up on ni200 completely as there are better choices out there. Just like dems said, I'm liking the powerboost more with the 18350 mode.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
I've been thinking about moving to Celsius for a while because that's what all TCR calculations are done in and I'm converting back and forth all the time.

But I won't excuse them a non-functioning F scale in a mod this expensive. An inexcusable error that smacks of not caring about/properly testing modes that they think are less important.

My natural inclination would be to never return it because the thought of being without it for weeks does not appeal, but I might do so just so they have to pay to repair it :)

Titanium has been way better for me than the resistherm wire. The flavour I'm getting when combining it with my dripper is substantially better. Couple with the fact that you can get Ti in any gauge, to suit your handling purposes and its increased resistivity, I'd say it's substantially better.

Interesting, I've noticed any flavour differences then again I'm a poor judge of flavour to begin with. I'm now twisting Resistherm, 2x29G, and that provides a nice big surface for liquid/flavour. I have a 0.50Ω build in my Lancia at the moment that's going well.

But this week I've been trying every new wire I can get my hands on - Stainless Steel, Titanium, Resistherm - so I've not spent a huge amount of time with any of them to form long term opinions.

I really like stainless steel too actually - coils like a dream, much easier than Titanium (no need for pre-pulsing to make it easily coilable). It's not going to be as accurate for TC but Dicodes describe it as very 'repeatable' - ie once you find the right setting, it can be repeated easily.

As for my Dani v2 I'm quite happy right now; the temperature control works pretty well. But I'm eager to compare it to my Proteus when it's finally released. There are 2 things really annoying about it though. It doesn't have an onboard temperature sensor to calibrate itself to the ambient temperature automatically and you need to cycle through the menu to switch it off (instead of the standard 5 clicks).

The Proteus is the Imeo thing that's been talked about since 2013? Has he added TC to it then? Will it be on a par with the Dicodes, TCR adjustments etc?

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Yeah, I agree Bloke, but I can also understand how when making a mod that isn't officially sold anywhere in the US they could completely overlook the F mode.

I'll just use it in C when I start with TC, I don't think I'd want to spend the money or the time to send the device back to the UK, lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheBloke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread