Did you start vaping as a stepping stone to quit or a permanent replacement to cigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcinogen

Aug 1, 2013
ohio
Do you plan to wean yourself off vaping as well or are you using it as a permanent replacement to smoking cigarettes?

Personally, I got into vaping as a baby step plan to quitting smoking/vaping all together, it's enjoyable but I still view it as a habit. I figure in the next 12 months I'll wean myself off nicotine and then I'll just have to overcome the oral fixation.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I started vaping basically to try and save some money by cutting down on the ciggies. Found I liked vaping more than smoking and took up vaping full-time instead.

I've no intention of quitting vaping and even after 4.5 months I'm still on 24mg nicotine solution. Only problem is I'm not saving much money, cos I keep buying new toys :D

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Also no intention of quitting vaping, I've found it to be a far superior delivery mechanism for the nicotine effects I craved all along, but couldn't really get with smoking ...

The gadgetry aspect appeals to the engineer in me, and the juice variety is a delightful bonus ...

I gave up drinking 22 years ago, but every man is entitled to at least one "vice", especially one as unobtrusive and personal as vaping ...

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I started vaping to quit smoking. After a few months I started lowering my nic levels. I was nic free at about one year. I am now vaping about 2 ml a day on a RBA, which is not a lot of vaping and I will likely reduce that more. I have gone a few days without vaping lately and it has not bothered me. I doubt I will ever stop though. It's not even replacing smoking now, I just enjoy vaping.

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
North of NYC
started vaping to get off cigarettes. I did not give much thought to the end game, all I wanted was to stop smoking. Now that I have thought about it, I doubt that I will ever quit, barring a scientific study saying ejuice causes a third foot to sprout from your forehead.

So, long as it stays a low risk cig alternative I will keep vaping. I'm a month in and started at 18mg and i am already down to 12mg/days - 6/mg nights, I do like to have some 18mg when I'm fixin for a buzz or out at the bar.

Maybe if I ever get bored with it or it becomes a burden, I'll figure a way to stop, but right now, I'm lovin it.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Took up vaping to quit smoking, which I did. I wasn't trying to quit nicotine. I was just trying to quit smoking.

I will continue to vape as long as I need to, with no pressure to quit whatsoever. If I get bored and no longer feel a need, then I'll quit. Until then, no.

madicen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Minglewood
Im not your typical vaper in that I quit smoking about 6 years ago now. I quit initially using a Swedish product called Snus...the good stuff from Sweden, not the garbage marketed by Camel and Marlboro in the States, that stuff is CRAP. I smoked for 25 years and the minute I tried snus it was like switching on a light..BAM, I was off the smokes.

Well, about two years into my snus'n along came the Pact Act, which in turn taxed the hell out of it. It's very much like what is going on now with vaping..Big Tobacco saw they were losing customers and brought the hammer down. One can of snus went from $2/can to $8/can overnight. Well..yeah, you can see where this is going. I started looking around for an alternative and found e-cigs, which were in their infancy here in the US. Haven't looked back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread