Did you start vaping as a stepping stone to quit or a permanent replacement to cigs?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by carcinogen, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carcinogen

carcinogen Full Member

Do you plan to wean yourself off vaping as well or are you using it as a permanent replacement to smoking cigarettes?

Personally, I got into vaping as a baby step plan to quitting smoking/vaping all together, it's enjoyable but I still view it as a habit. I figure in the next 12 months I'll wean myself off nicotine and then I'll just have to overcome the oral fixation.

2. trouble1000

trouble1000 PV Master of Valinor Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I started vaping basically to try and save some money by cutting down on the ciggies. Found I liked vaping more than smoking and took up vaping full-time instead.

I've no intention of quitting vaping and even after 4.5 months I'm still on 24mg nicotine solution. Only problem is I'm not saving much money, cos I keep buying new toys :D

3. Diogopm

Diogopm Full Member

I tell everyone one (friends and girlfriend, since my family don't know about this) that this is a step for quitting everything. But deep inside, I love vaping way too much and I think I will only stop once studies say "this thing is going to kill you".

4. rico942

rico942 Super Member ECF Veteran

Also no intention of quitting vaping, I've found it to be a far superior delivery mechanism for the nicotine effects I craved all along, but couldn't really get with smoking ...

The gadgetry aspect appeals to the engineer in me, and the juice variety is a delightful bonus ...

I gave up drinking 22 years ago, but every man is entitled to at least one "vice", especially one as unobtrusive and personal as vaping ...

5. Chimney34

Chimney34 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    As Rico said smoking was my only vice. I never thought I'd quit that but now that I've started vaping I doubt that ill ever quit. I enjoy it & plan to continue.

I wish you much luck & success with your plan to quit all together!!:toast:

6. Ryedan

Ryedan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I started vaping to quit smoking. After a few months I started lowering my nic levels. I was nic free at about one year. I am now vaping about 2 ml a day on a RBA, which is not a lot of vaping and I will likely reduce that more. I have gone a few days without vaping lately and it has not bothered me. I doubt I will ever stop though. It's not even replacing smoking now, I just enjoy vaping.

7. witchyg

witchyg Senior Member ECF Veteran

i haven't really decided yet. wouldn't be surprised if i vape 0mg juice just for the flavors :)

8. yaypudding

yaypudding Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

started vaping to get off cigarettes. I did not give much thought to the end game, all I wanted was to stop smoking. Now that I have thought about it, I doubt that I will ever quit, barring a scientific study saying ejuice causes a third foot to sprout from your forehead.

So, long as it stays a low risk cig alternative I will keep vaping. I'm a month in and started at 18mg and i am already down to 12mg/days - 6/mg nights, I do like to have some 18mg when I'm fixin for a buzz or out at the bar.

Maybe if I ever get bored with it or it becomes a burden, I'll figure a way to stop, but right now, I'm lovin it.

9. jeffc

jeffc Full Member

I have no intention of quitting. I have however lowered my nicotine to 3mg. I really enjoy vaping and the way nicotine makes me feel. I already feel so much better than how I felt when smoking cigarettes. I'm going to keep going.

Good luck on quitting if that's the direction you choose.

10. Frankenmizer

Frankenmizer Super Member ECF Veteran

Both - step first - quit next. This is the first day I did not miss an analog. I started vaping about a month ago. Progress! :)

11. carcinogen

carcinogen Full Member

I guess my reasoning for wanting to quit vaping at some point is I'm afraid 10 years in I'll find out I have delicious candy coated lungs that are killing me. :p Hell, I may be a little naive in thinking I'll stop vaping in a year and could end up vaping much longer.

12. Leothwyn

Leothwyn Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

No plans for quitting... I started at 24mg, and two yrs. later I'm down to 24mg. :) I like my habit.

13. chellemakepeace

chellemakepeace Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I started vaping to quit smoking. I DID IT! And I have no reason to lay down the vaping hobby, I am enjoying it too much!

14. Drhookerman

Drhookerman Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I starting vaping to quit smoking but I just love blowing out clouds so as Diogopm said unless it proven to kill me faster than smoking I have no plans to quit.

15. StarDose

StarDose Super Member ECF Veteran

After reading an article on the benefits of nicotine I doubt I will quit vaping and never planned to anyways.

16. Davetampa

Davetampa Full Member Verified Member

Went from Marlboro Silver to Blu in one transaction. Done with smoking. In 6 weeks went from 24mg to 18mg. My plan is to drop the mg every 2 months to nothing by Christmas. I may still vape after that though. I gotta Waffle flavored juice that is quite tasty. If I dont, you'll find me in the breakroom lighting up an Eggo!

17. leech213

leech213 Full Member

Did it originally to quit smoking, but down to 0 nic after 3 1/2 months and have no intentions of stopping. Nice part is keeps the fiance from bickering about me smoking. She looks at this as a fair compromise.

18. chicoj

chicoj Senior Member

the first day I had an ego in my hands that was the last day I touch an analog, that was six weeks ago and am very happy and I feel better

19. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Took up vaping to quit smoking, which I did. I wasn't trying to quit nicotine. I was just trying to quit smoking.

I will continue to vape as long as I need to, with no pressure to quit whatsoever. If I get bored and no longer feel a need, then I'll quit. Until then, no.

20. madicen

madicen Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Im not your typical vaper in that I quit smoking about 6 years ago now. I quit initially using a Swedish product called Snus...the good stuff from Sweden, not the garbage marketed by Camel and Marlboro in the States, that stuff is CRAP. I smoked for 25 years and the minute I tried snus it was like switching on a light..BAM, I was off the smokes.

Well, about two years into my snus'n along came the Pact Act, which in turn taxed the hell out of it. It's very much like what is going on now with vaping..Big Tobacco saw they were losing customers and brought the hammer down. One can of snus went from $2/can to $8/can overnight. Well..yeah, you can see where this is going. I started looking around for an alternative and found e-cigs, which were in their infancy here in the US. Haven't looked back :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.