DIY Capella

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by harlielover, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harlielover

harlielover Senior Member Verified Member

On the recommendation of various members of this forum I ordered and received some Capella flavorings. I got:

Chocolate Fudge Brownie
    Double Chocolate
    Harvest Berry
    Hot Cocoa
    Milk Chocolate Toffee
    Caramel
    Lemon Lime
    Snick-Snack
    Peaches & Cream
    Pina Colada
    Fig
    Sweet Strawberry
    Sweet Tangarine
    Vanilla Custard

I just mixed 5mls of each of them up today at 12mg and 60pg/40vg at 10% strength. I gave them all a warm bath and have them up in my cupboard resting.

How long should I let them steep before trying them out? :unsure:

2. Jimi D.

Jimi D. Vaping Master

I've mixed plenty of Capella for my Wife. She always vaped them right away.

3. singu

singu Super Member

I also got Capella flavours recently and have mixed them at 10% also...i've tried fruits after a day and others 3 days later. This is what i got:

Chocolate Fudge Brownie
    Double Chocolate
    Vanilla Custard
    Vanilla Cupcake
    Horchata
    Cinnamon Danish Swirl
    Peanut Butter
    Caramel
    Marshmellow
    New York Cheesecake
    Lemon Meringe Pie
    Sweet Strawberry
    Raspberry
    Coconut
    Apricot
    Boston Cream Pie

I have to say that they are all vapable, and some are just darn great...I really like Sweet Strawberry, Raspberry, NY Cheesecake, Vanilla Cupcake, Marshmellow and CFB.

4. WallyO

WallyO Ultra Member Verified Member

Supporting member
    Awaiting my order later in the week. can't wait to blend up some Peanut Butter, Marshmallow and a touch of graham cracker and maybe a little em but I'll try it without the sweetener first:p.

5. Hoosier

Hoosier Vaping Master

I'd say 10 seconds before trying for the first time.
    Maybe 10 minutes before the second try.
    Might push that out to 10 hours for the third try.

Adjust as needed...

6. Jimi D.

Jimi D. Vaping Master

Happy New Year too you Hoosier !

7. Hoosier

Hoosier Vaping Master

Happy New Year Jimi!

8. harlielover

Well I will resist the lure of the cupboard with the help from some of the NicQuid samples that I got in the mail today. Tomorrow I will have a difficult decision in what to try 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ect... :)

9. Levitas

Levitas Vaping Master Verified Member

You might fight that Chocolate Fudge Brownie to be a little potent at 5%. Personally, 1 drop per 5mls is enough for me :)

Also, you shouldn't have to wait to try out a mix, ever. In fact, unless you don't want to, you should always try out your mixes after a nice firm shake.

10. harlielover

Ok, I have died and gone to heaven.

I was making my coffee this morning and looking at that bottle of Chocolate Fudge Brownie, when the coffee fairy whispered in my ear "wonder how that would taste?"

Well let me tell you it tastes fantastic, OMG. :thumb: I can already tell that a number of my Capella's are going to have to be bought in large 4 oz sizes as they will have multiple roles around our house from now on.

11. WallyO

Supporting member
    I was afraid of that. How many drops did you use in a cup?

12. harlielover

I used about 6-8 drops in a travel sized coffee mug that holds about 12oz of coffee. Also used a couple of of the Fruits in some Hot Tea and it was equally delicious. Finding that for eating/drinking purposes it is 1-2 drops per ounce of whatever you are mixing into. Have some nice plain Greek Yogurt that is quietly whispering to me that it wants to join in the fun also. I can see a wide variety of uses now for this product in our home. :banana:

13. WallyO

Supporting member
    Guess we'll be buying bigger bottles down the road.:) You've got my imagination goin now.

14. DuaneNeveu

DuaneNeveu Super Member Verified Member

Supporting member
    How does the strength/potency of Capella flavours compare to TPA?

15. harlielover

Well I ended up bumping all the fruit flavors up to 20% and adding 1 drop of sweetner per ml and now they are pretty tasty.

The Chocolates were all tasting like dark chocolate so added 1% vanilla custard to all of them and 1 drop sweetner per ml and they are steeping again for a couple of days.

Most of the use around here seems to have been in coffee, tea, yogurt and a few other things. Pretty tasty have to order some bigger bottles of a few of these flavors. :2cool:

16. Ohio Points

Ohio Points Super Member Verified Member

Groovin on their Boston Cream Pie right now and a BIG fan of their NY Cheesecake as well.

17. WallyO

Supporting member
    Does the cream pie have any diacetyl? I really like the vanilla custard but do not vape it much because it does have a trace of diacetyl.

18. Ohio Points

Ohio Points Super Member Verified Member

From their website:

19. NoFez

NoFez Full Member

Try mixing some Chocolate Fudge Brownie at 6-7%. I find that at 10% it's pretty bittersweet, but at 6% it's smooth. Or put another way, at 10% it tastes like dark fudge with a hint of milk chocolate, while at 6% it tastes like sweet milk chocolate with a hint of fudge.

20. Shilo

Shilo Vaping Master Verified Member

Similar strength but taste will vary.

: nicquid
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.