Do you know any vapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captiancd89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Boston, MA
I work at a Software company in Boston (hispers everywhere kinda area) I honestly have seen more people vaping then smoking where I work. I also do part time work for a LAN center in Newton Ma, where 90% of the smokes have moved over to Ecigs. Its awesome to be able to walk up to a stranger and just start a conversation with "You vape?"

tjeco

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Manila, Philippines
LOTS of vapers here in the Philippines. A day will not go by without you seeing atleast 1 or 2 vapers, and there are a hell of a lot of Vaping Groups here. And there are also a hell of a lot of vape shops here, I think in about 10 malls 8 has a vape shop.
It's vaping heaven here :) That's why we ship a lot of locally made mods internationally.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
LOTS of vapers here in the Philippines. A day will not go by without you seeing atleast 1 or 2 vapers, and there are a hell of a lot of Vaping Groups here. And there are also a hell of a lot of vape shops here, I think in about 10 malls 8 has a vape shop.
It's vaping heaven here :) That's why we ship a lot of locally made mods internationally.
Months go by before I see someone here.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
My uncle and cousin are cloudchasers but I haven't talked to them in years and years, hoping to run into them at a family reunion eventually, other than that I only know one other vaper, he's a dual user and judging by levels in his juice bottles I'm pretty sure he only vapes when I am around, he actually got me into vaping...

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
There are lots of closet vapers, which is easy because we only need to take a puff or two at a time. There is social edgyness about vaping still. I take people on tours of buildings in an historic village. I'll sit outside under a porch to greet people and my rig is always in sight. The shy vapers see my vape and pull out their's. We don't vape in the buildings but do outside between buildings. The vapers enjoy being in a hospitality situation where the practice is accepted. My impression is the number of vapers is on an exponential rise but I could be wrong.

Moonlitwish

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Charlotte, NC, USA
Let's see, my wife and I and 2 friends are fulltime vapers. My best friend got an ego setup when she eas here for my bday. She and 2 other friends are dual users. Then I was behind a guy in traffic last week blowing clouds out of his car amd another guy over the weekend had a mod puffing in the drive thru. And of course there are my peeps at the local vape shops. Other than those, never see it. But with RJ Reynolds an hour amd a half north and Seneca 1 hour south, we are still a hotspot for smokers. Cigs are only $3-$7 here so there's not that much of a financial issue with smoking. Everytime I'd go up north when I smoked I'd have sticker shock. When we were paying $3, NYC was charging $8. By the time we were paying $4, Milwaukee was charging $14. I'm sure when we hit about $9/pack average, i'll see vapers everywhere!

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
In late 2013 when I started vaping I knew exactly three other people who vaped and those three people are the reason I began vaping to begin with, they introduced me to it and it was decided that for a support network we would all try together, which thankfully worked very well! Fast forward and now I know two dozen or more vapers in person, most all of my friends who used to smoke now vape and on any given day I will be around no less than three close friends who vape. Since 2013 it has really caught on huge around my area(East coast). When I first started there was one vape shop, looking for another one was a 1 hour+ drive in any direction. Now there are no less than 10 vape shops in a 20 minute radius of me and almost every convenience store has some sort of blister pack starter kit and juice behind the counter.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
In the four years since I switched to vaping, I've met several people online who vape that I consider good friends, now. Met through vaping forums, of course. Two FB friends switched to vaping a couple of years ago. But I've never actually met any of them in person. None of my "real life" friends or family vape, except my husband who started about 9 months after I did. As for "in the wild".. in 4 years I can count on one hand the times I've seen some lone person vaping in public. I don't go to vape shops here...none close by, and I am happy shopping online, anyway.

reko

Dec 13, 2010
Denver, CO
When I first moved here, it didn't seem like too many people vaped and I could only find one shop (with a very limited juice selection). 4 years later, it seems like everyone vapes. I've converted just about everyone in my group of friends and I actually met my boyfriend because he was a customer at my shop for 2 years before asking me out. :)

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
That's a drag man, there's nothing like hanging out with new friends that shares the same hobby and interest.
Why don't you convert some of your smoking friends to vaping? That way you can all have a vape group :)
btw, where are you from?
I've tried, but no one wants to :/

My brother is really interested though. He thinks it's cool and begs me to buy for him. I said I don't want to do that until he's 18 and sure that he really wants to pick up a habit.

It's weird, when I'm with him, I've only tootle puffed and smoked it like a cigarette. No bic clouds or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread