Do you vape juice from China, or only from USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebuilder

Apr 28, 2012
UK
I don't know if people are going to find this controversial, but I consider our overboard EU regulation/legislation to be a cut above the USA for peace of mind, you do however pay for that bureaucracy with your wallet. I personally stay away from Chinese juices fullstop, however I think the bigger brands like Dekang/Hangsen have too much to lose to pay fast and loose with the safety/quality of their product.

I'm pretty sure that alot of EU/USA juice vendors use ingredients from the same sources unelss they explicitly state that all ingredients are sourced from within their locality. I've seen examples of vendors who state "UK Made" when in fact they mean "Mixed in the UK".

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I like a few of the Dekang juices. One is Dekang 3&5 (555). It's clear and tasty and soaks into a carto filler really fast.

I know that clear doesn't mean pure, but lots of people vape Dekang juices and I don't feel unsafe doing so. I would really like some regulation on juices that requires comprehensive testing to reveal ingredients and a spectroscopic analysis to show the chemical makeup of the juices. Purity of the PG and VG is probably the chief ingredient that could be suspect. Ever since one Ruyan sample turned up with traces of DEG a few years ago, we have suspected China juices to contain ingredients not specified.

gumchewer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
south Jersey-in the woods
Dekang is the only juice I use from China. It WAS available in 50 ml bottles with a seal that snapped when you opened it but I cant find that now. I did find it at one site, I ordered two 50 ml bottles. They apperently didnt have the 50 ml bottles in stock. Never said a word, I got two bags with two 30ml bottles in each. Both had a dekang label. is it dekang? it tastes the same so I have to have faith I guess.
I usually only get from health cabin when I shop china, she's pretty reliable and answers email.

gumchewer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
south Jersey-in the woods
I avoid ingesting anything from China if it’s possible to avoid it.
I’ve seen too many horror stories with their pet food products to trust my lungs to their lax regulations.

I probably wouldn't order pet food from China.
remember, what yu think of a pet IS food there.

BAY Rose

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2012
Texas
Myler asks if you can buy e-juice filled with USA only ingredients.

Yeppers you sure can. Johnson Creek for example, and I just wrote to Backwoods .... oh heck forgot the rest of their name; you know how us noobs are! < blushes> :oops: and they emailed me back saying NOTHING from China goes into their e-liquid. So, just ask your vendor the same question.

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
The fact remains that most of the nicotine used in any products - pharmaceuticals, lab supplies - comes from China and India. A lot of the nicotine base used in "American made" juices is from there. Is that a bad thing?

Now, this is an interesting dilemma. To use a Chinese product sourced from the same reliable supply chain used by US pharma industry that theoretically meets USP classification criteria, but it's ... from China; or to use something extracted in a lab set up more or less ad-hoc by a more or less well established US based small (read very small) business. On the other hand, you could have in your American made juice, possibly, lower grade, non-USP nicotine imported through shady channels and you will never know. There's no way to know.

I don't know the answer.

ETA: for correctness - when you buy your 100 mg nic or whatever, that is no longer a USP grade liquid even if the 99% used was, unless the supplier who diluted it meets the criteria for USP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread