Does anyone still use carto tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A couple of years ago cartotanks were all that I used. I had at least 20 of them, each containing a different flavor. I was quite happy with them, although not always so happy with the quality control of the cartos that go in them. I had used Boge, Smoktech, and Ikenvape -- I preferred the Ikenvape Platinum.

I worked for a vape shop in 2014. I was the only employee who used cartotanks; the other employees hardly knew anything about them so they never sold any. My first couple of months I sold thousands of dollars in cartotanks according to my then store manager. After a couple of months there was a change in store management. I asked the new manager for some cartotank tools (carto punch tools and cartotank refilling tools) which I believed were essential for cartotank users and would help promote the sales of cartotanks in the store. Alas, new management wanted to take the store in a different direction -- rebuildables, as that was what was the new hot sellers.

Anyway, long story short, I began rebuilding myself as it was a requirement for my sales position. I stopped using cartotanks a year ago when setting up my last tank I got 5 bad cartos in a row. Personally, I'd had enough of the lack of carto quality.

I now use a rebuildable tank and drip atomizers exclusively. I don't have to depend upon the quality control of an underpaid Chinese factory worker. If my wick & coil build sucks, I have no one to blame but myself. It's cheaper, easier, and faster to rebuild than to use a cartotank. And the vape is argueably better, too.

There are still plenty of people who use cartotanks on this forum, although they are probably a dying breed. It's a shame, though. Many vape shops don't carry cartomizers any more. Some online venues are also discontinuing them. The carto & tank sub-forums here on ECF are almost dead. Some might say that people who learn how to use cartotanks correctly don't post much because they never have problems.

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

IBTanked Pyrex Cartotanks - Review

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
If I was vaping something that didn't have a gunking problem, I'd still use cartotanks; I like them a lot. However most of the stuff I'm vaping these days has MAJOR gunking issues, which makes them unsuitable juices for cartos or cartotank, so I just use Kayfuns.

Andria

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I used to use cartomizers in tanks but I stopped about two years ago after I got into rebuildables. Some of my first rebuildables were submersible atomizers like the Killer 705 and the Diver v1 and v2 so I was able to continue to use my tanks, but I've moved on from those. Every now and then I break out my wire welder and build a Diver, but otherwise my cartomizer tanks are all in storage.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
many users still actually use cartomizers without the tanks :shock: Prolly more of them than there are subohmers.
Yeah, you're definitely right about that, considering that cigalikes using cartos are the most used e-cig devices all over the world.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I use them everyday! Whether in my Billet Box or my Provari with my ibTanked. I find there is no better Tootle Puffer vape than a Carto Tank!
20150425_140558-1.jpg

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Yep, many still use carto tanks, about every 2 months someone starts a thread asking the same question.
IMO, the reason you don't hear more about them is they just work, with the least amount of leaking & fiddling / fussing in vaping.
This X1000!

Reactions: OCD

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
I bought 200 Boge Std resistance cartos at the same time as i bought my first Kayfun clone. That was around 18 months ago. In 18 months i have used 2 of those Boges...
I was so happy using my carto-tanks because they were always hassle free (excepting the odd duff one) and leak proof. The trouble is once you have tried an RTA then the puny airflow of a carto is just not enough to satisfy. If i could figure out how to increase the airflow i would be more than happy to return to my tanks. (drilling out the airflow was how i used those 2 cartos i mentioned earlier).
The giant leap in clearomiser reliability and the plethora of tanks available has pretty much killed cartos. RIP.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I bought 200 Boge Std resistance cartos at the same time as i bought my first Kayfun clone. That was around 18 months ago. In 18 months i have used 2 of those Boges...
I was so happy using my carto-tanks because they were always hassle free (excepting the odd duff one) and leak proof. The trouble is once you have tried an RTA then the puny airflow of a carto is just not enough to satisfy. If i could figure out how to increase the airflow i would be more than happy to return to my tanks. (drilling out the airflow was how i used those 2 cartos i mentioned earlier).
The giant leap in clearomiser reliability and the plethora of tanks available has pretty much killed cartos. RIP.
I actually enjoy the tighter draw from a carto. I've never been a high airflow type vaper. Cartos to me are perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread