Does anyone use the Blu ecig as their primary PV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi I hope this post also helps someone. I bought the blue starter pack and bought about 100. Dollars worth of cartridges. Thinking this is what I'm going to be using to quit. Sadly for me, using blu, trying to get vapor was like trying to sick a watermelon through a straw. I tried so hard I made my throat sore! I just couldn't get enough vapor. My batteries kept dieing so fast I couldn't keep them charged even with the extra one in the slot! I got absolutely no throat hit feeling with blu. I was so frusterated I started smoking again. Then I had enough. I knew their must be a better way.so I went to the smoke shop and bought my vaporizer. I got plenty of vapor! The juice was half the price then the cartridge for blu and I got a wonderful throat hit. My vaporizer battery is 1300mah so it lasts into 2 days with heavy heavy vaping, and the juice flavors were hundreds to choose from not just a few. I was so completely satisfied with my vaporizer that I was able it quit smoking! I never could have done that with blu. With Blu I was feeling like I was missing something. Namely vapor. It was the most unpleasant experience. I was completely unsatified . But with my vaporizer I am completely satisfied. If you were a heavy smoker like myself blu will likely not be very satisfying. Save your money and time and buy a vaporizer. You will be so glad you did! In fact if any of you smoke blu, I have several unopened cartridges I'm willing to get rid of. Just let me know. For those heavy smokers considering blu, I highly recommend a vaporizer instead.! I'm still able to bring my vaporizer where ever I go by just using its caring case that came with it. Most cases have places for juice and vaporizer and can be carried just as easily as the cig a likes can. I'm completely happy with my vaporizer and now I'm a non smoker!

melly710

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2009
I finally decided to get rid of my old 801's and try a newer type of e cig and Rechargeable pack Blu is what I decided to get. I must say I am really impressed with it.
First off the Johnson Creek juice is great, I don't remember it tasting so good when I tried it before.
Secondly I love the slim pack and how it holds 3 carts and two batteries and recharges them either from my computer, car or wall.
Third, it produces plenty of good tasting vapor.
Fourth, I love the small size of the battery and how lightweight the whole cig is.
Fifth, I love how I can buy it online with free shipping and pretty much anywhere else-so many stores sell these and accessories it's wonderful.
Sixth, I love the price of $34.99 that I paid, great price for a whole kit that is rechargeable and has as many carts and parts as this comes with.
I can refill the carts easily so I'll save on having to buy so many of them.
I'm very happy with it and definitely will buy again.

chrisbru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I started with something very similar to a Blu. I just kept upgrading when I saw new things, and now that I know what kind of experience I can get from an APV I'll never go back.

The Blu is fine for what it is... An easy transition from analogs. But there are definitely ways to make the experience more enjoyable (and more cost effective... At least as far as basic supplies go!)

WarsawNan

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Indiana-USA
www.maggiemadeit.com
I started with Blu 4 years ago because I knew nothing about vaping other than I'd heard about the Blu e-cig. It did the job, insofar as I never smoked another cigarette. But I wasn't totally satisfied with Blu for a number of reasons, and only stayed with it for about a month. 1) Didn't like the storage/delivery system for the vape liquid (the e-cig "filter" tip). No way of knowing how much vape liquid was left until the nasty burnt taste hit my mouth. And I don't like the wasteful feeling of disposable products. 2) The battery life was terrible. 3) It was designed to look like a cigarette, with the tip even glowing when you take a puff, and the charging/carrying case designed to look like a cigarette pack. People who hate smokers and smoking would naturally assume vaping was pretty much the same thing; and I believe this is a major contributing factor to the issues vapers are fighting today--ignorance of how DIFFERENT vaping is from smoking. 4) Very limited choice of vape liquid flavors. 5) FAR more expensive, in the long term, than other methods of vaping.

I found ECF during my first month of vaping, and I spent literally hundreds of hours reading, researching, and learning everything I could about vaping. This forum is INCREDIBLE!! I graduated to the Ali'i "juice box" mod. Have also used an Ego-style battery with an atty for dripping. I'm currently satisfied with my Volcano Lavatube (variable voltage is great) with a Kanger Protank 2. It's pretty simple to rebuild the dead attys for the Protank, and costs literally pennies to do so. I'm a very heavy vaper, and I spend less than $25/month on it. Sure beats the hundreds I used to spend monthly on cigarettes!

Fleur12

Jun 23, 2014
Houston TX USA
I think many new to vaping try Blu because that's what they've heard the most about--that's the case for me any way. I like the size. I don't use Blu's cartomizers but a Vision Nano clearomizer--which I LOVE. The batteries don't last long, but it was easier for me to buy two more batteries and use the chargers I already had than to change to a whole new system. So, I have six batteries that I keep charged up. I haven't started DYI juice yet, but I add VG to the juice I buy which is already 50/50 PG/VG, so I have plenty of vapor! I had to experiment around and waste lots of juice to find the right flavor for me, and now I'm very, very happy. But flavor is a personal thing.

I think when my Blu batteries or chargers totally die, I might switch to a 510. I like the cigarette size and don't like the bigger models. I am not interested in increasing the voltage so variable voltage is not anything I'm chasing.

MN_Mike

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
St. Cloud, Minnesota
I never had the misfortune of using a Blu e-cigarette. I looked at the prices online at one point and they were absurd. I got lucky, my dad(who absolutely hated my smoking) did some research and dragged me kicking and screaming to a legitimate vape shop. I started out on a vision crystal starter kit..the one with the teeny tiny ego battery(which I still use regularly) and the CE4 clearomizer. It was all of about 40 bucks. So for the 80 bucks I could have spent on the Blu "Starter" kit I got a good ego battery, a decent clearomizer and 5 15ml bottles of juice and from what I understand a far better introduction to vaping than starting with Blu.

I used the Blu for about 3 weeks, I just didn't get the smoke out of it that I wanted. I still craved cigarettes. So I switched to a eGo Twist. Also, as I was buying my eGo, the lady over the counter had asked what kind of PV I was using before hand, and I told her Blu. She the told me that she used to use it as well but it gave her pneumonia? I'm not sure if that was true or not, but it's something to watch out for.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Well, I wanted something more discrete for when I'm out in public, and so I bought the latest & greatest Blu packet for $40. I can honestly say, hand over heart, they are absolutely awful, produced nearly zero vapor no matter how hard I sucked on it. I didn't believe it to be the batteries that are bad, but rather the cartos. So, I picked up a couple of Vision Nano tanks, and oh my gosh, those little Blu batteries really pump out the vapor now.

Drauder

Mar 24, 2014
Canada
Given the history of the tobacco companies behaviour. I wouldn't touch anything that they produce. They had me for many years and kept adding things to make them more addictive. I suspect once regulations come in, those behaviours will start up again. I believe that vaping is the safest now that it will ever be. Once the regulators get hold, the ONLY motives will be profit, taxation and an community of people for politicians to vilify. Health will be of no concern, addictive properties will be maximized, devices will be designed to fool testing, it will be just like the cigarette industry. I won't be buying any vape gear that is decided by government or corporate stiffs. As it is, the vaping community is pretty darn ethical. That is about to be regulated away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread