does lack of suction cause burnt flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
I changed my coil on Monday ( disposable ) it's a 0.5ohm been using mainly pg based juices ( not sure what ration but they are Carnage by ANML and Razzle pop by Stryker ) today I am tasting a burnt flavor not sure if it's because I'm not inhaling enough or the coil is already done.

running it on the aspire triton tank on an evic vt 60wat at 23-25 watts all air holes wide open. I have put juice on the coil and wick before even using and it was working great but now I'm tasting that burnt bitter flavor. if I inhale a good amount to the point you can hear the inhale it is fine but if I inhale like taking a regular breath it gets that burnt taste.

wondering if it is caused by the suction or not. my last 2 coils had the same issue but I wasn't inhaling too much.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Sounds like your coil is not wicking properly. Try closing all the airflow and further closing it with your fingers over the slots. Then without firing take several deep puffs to draw some juice into the coil. You can also try thinning your juice with a couple of drops of distilled water or Everclear. If these fixes don't work, I don't know what to tell you as I bought a Triton Tank and every coil I put in it leaked like a sieve, so it is sitting on a shelf unused.

Reactions: drysprocket

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
mine doesn't leak but it has this weird constant burnt flavor after just a week so it seems on every sub ohm coil I use. I'm getting ready to put mine on the shelf once my rda comes in on Saturday hopefully but then again I have no wire :/ might hit up my local vape shop see if they sell any. I don't see any displays besides juices/drip tips and I wouldn't doubt they may not carry cotton/wire.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
While I have no experience with the Triton in particular; some atties rely on negative pressure to suck liquids from your tank - just as much as they actually wick liquids from point A to point B. So - yes, in some cases a lack of suction may lead to poor "wicking". Or rather - poor transportation of liquids. It's not so much about suction by itself. It's more about suction vs air intake. In pressure based systems - an equal amount of suction and air intake leads to no negative pressure inside the chamber. Reduce the air intake ever so slightly, and you may get the required negative pressure. Just based on what I can tell from pictures of the Triton, it does appear like it could benefit from some negative pressure.

... or it could just be a bad draw in the replacement head lottery.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I changed my coil on Monday ( disposable ) it's a 0.5ohm been using mainly pg based juices ( not sure what ration but they are Carnage by ANML and Razzle pop by Stryker ) today I am tasting a burnt flavor not sure if it's because I'm not inhaling enough or the coil is already done.

running it on the aspire triton tank on an evic vt 60wat at 23-25 watts all air holes wide open. I have put juice on the coil and wick before even using and it was working great but now I'm tasting that burnt bitter flavor. if I inhale a good amount to the point you can hear the inhale it is fine but if I inhale like taking a regular breath it gets that burnt taste.

wondering if it is caused by the suction or not. my last 2 coils had the same issue but I wasn't inhaling too much.

IMRHO
Suck harder and faster.
A .5 ohm coil at ~24 watts would NEED you to inhale as fast and as quickly as possible. (well almost)
A Mouth to lung, relaxed inhale is NOT going to work.

If you are trying to vape like it's a cigarette, you might consider higher ohms and or lower watts.
Cheers
I

Reactions: EBates

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
no i haven't tried another brand of coils if that is what you meant. as for why vape it at 24 watts is because i find it provides the most flavor for me although i probably should lower it due to thin juice and coil response time and all that. i've tried the close air holes and suck as well as i read somewhere that it could be lack of air or something inside the juice chamber so i just opened that up for a few seconds and closed it. seems to work fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread