Does this seem right to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
You have very florid prose and I applaud you for your dramatic representation of what could be considered essentially a witchhunt.

What you need to understand, and which you obviously cannot, is that "flavors" are NOT marketed to KIDS for the sole intention of getting them hooked on nicotine.

Have you immersed yourself in the culture? Does visiting ECF daily represent your entire involvement in the world of e-cigarettes? How often do you talk to vapers in the wild?

What is happening in your quadrant of the U.S. does not by default represent every other city or state. Your sense of panic and ill-chosen blame doesn't change a single thing.

I stand behind companies who choose to make unique and cool labels. THEY ARE NOT BEING MARKETED TO CHILDREN. If you cannot understand this, I am truly sorry.

"What you need to understand, and which you obviously cannot, is that "flavors" are NOT marketed to KIDS for the sole intention of getting them hooked on nicotine."

Uhmm?? okay when you start confusing me with the committee then maybe it's time for me to vape out of the discussion
Have a good day and a good vape Rocky :headbang:

Reactions: Rocketpunk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
When bottles like these are brought before a session of Congress is what matters...
When a session of Congress bases their opinions of relevance on a picture instead of actual research & mature, reasonable, rational thought & common sense is what matters. If that is the way (& apparently it is) our elected representatives are making laws that are binding upon those who elected them then we need to contact them enmass, without restraint, & until we each get a reply & ask them if they would understand The Constitution better if it were in coloring book format. As it stands we need to contact the Governors & let them know that this bandwagon that all elected officials are jumping on is going to become the bus that the voters throw them under at the first opportunity.
And parents need to parent, because kids are gonna kid. TEACH YOUR CHILDREN WHAT NO MEANS. Be more concerned about making sure they understand the things that can hurt them, & their ability to recognize things they need to leave alone or not do. They aren't born knowing these things, it's a skill that they learn, & it's the responsibility of the parent to teach it. It is not the job of the Government to legislate it.

Last edited:

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
"What you need to understand, and which you obviously cannot, is that "flavors" are NOT marketed to KIDS for the sole intention of getting them hooked on nicotine."

Uhmm?? okay when you start confusing me with the committee then maybe it's time for me to vape out of the discussion
Have a good day and a good vape Rocky :headbang:

"I am not a committee!!"

- Princess Leia

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don't know. Ask a magician. I'm a logical human being.

That's Great Rocket.

Maybe if we could get You in Office, and if the 95% of the Voting Population who are Non-Vapers thought like you, we could Get Fair Policies. Or even No Policies at all.

But Until that happens, and in the coming Months until the FDA Submits the Deeming Proposal to Congress, maybe we should Try to Limit the amount of things that We Know will be Used Against Us.

Once Again. What is the Down Side to a company Not using a Cartoon Character on their Label?

Reactions: FlamingoTutu

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I like all labels. I particularly like clever ones. Adults are clever, children are as well. But as adults we can outthink and outdo our children. Unless we attribute children qualities which outdo our own.

As far as politics go, I'm on the Ron Swanson side of things. If you need time to look up Swanson, please do.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I don't know. Ask a magician. I'm a logical human being.

Your calling yourself a logical man yet you couldn't even answer my question. I am still waiting for all this logic you are now claiming to possess
BASED ON THE JUNE 2014 HEARING
Do you believe that selling eliquid that uses cute kiddie labels and shaped bottles will HURT or BENEFIT flavoring in how it will be regulated? Please be sure to tell us why that hearing supports your answer....just like i did when i stated, based on that hearing, that it would hurt the regulating of flavors.

Last edited:

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
When a session of Congress bases their opinions of relevance on a picture instead of actual research & mature, reasonable, rational thought & common sense is what matters. If that is the way (& apparently it is) our elected representatives are making laws that are binding upon those who elected them then we need to contact them enmass, without restraint, & until we each get a reply & ask them if they would understand The Constitution better if it were in coloring book format. As it stands we need to contact the Governors & let them know that this bandwagon that all elected officials are jumping on is going to become the bus that the voters throw them under at the first opportunity.
And parents need to parent, because kids are gonna kid. TEACH YOUR CHILDREN WHAT NO MEANS. Be more concerned about making sure they understand the things that can hurt them, & their ability to recognize things they need to leave alone or not do. They aren't born knowing these things, it's a skill that they learn, & it's the responsibility of the parent to teach it. It is not the job of the Government to legislate it.

"When a session of Congress bases their opinions of relevance on a picture instead of actual research & mature, reasonable, rational thought & common sense is what matters."

When congress has before them a product that is intended for adults that contains a deadly poisonous liquid that is placed in a cute gummy bear shaped bottle with cute gummy bears on the label i would say that is going to raise eyebrows by not only congress, but the general population as well. Why? because we have kids as early as middle school drawn to vaping flavors, as well as increasing cases of nic poisoning of very young children who are clearly going to be drawn to cute kiddie packaging.

If the vaping industry doesn't want to be accused of marketing to kids, then they should stay clear of anything that suggest that they are. The fact that this problem even exist to be thrown up in our faces and used against us makes us look like the immature fools.

"Well you see congress, adults feel "special" when they vape their deadly poisonous liquid and it comes in "cute kiddie packaging"
"Our adult customers feel even more "special" when we pitch our product to them in cute kiddie chatter!!"

"Papa Smurf eJuice
Who knew Papa Smurf vaped? He asked me for a real fruity, smooth sweet vape to top off his vape collection and this is what we created for him. He wanted it all to himself but I talked him into letting everyone get a hold of this amazing e juice. With notes of blueberry and cream, this vape will satisfy day after day. Grab a bottle of this and you can vape it up like Papa Smurf!"

Yeah this is not going to end well when the gavel comes down unless people stop with this juvenile nonsense.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
"Yeah this is not going to end well when the gavel comes down unless people stop with this juvenile nonsense."

Very true. Personally I don't like the cute characters on the bottles. I don;t like the stupid names that the e liquid people come up with. What is worse having a cute cookie on the bottle or a name like jizmoglobin and spew. We have skulls, knives, outlaws and any other ridiculous name a person can come up with on our bottle and devices. People love ti for some reason.

It is a figment of someones imagination that cute cookies on a bottle with entice kids to use the product. Why on earth an adult human will be enticed by it is beyond me as well. I think it is stupid, not because of the kid aspect, but it is just plain stupid.

This is a silly battle to have amongst ourselves.

There are a thousand different ways they will come after us. Until we have facts, all we have is speculation, as does the other side.

Reactions: EBates

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
it doesn't mater.bear shaped bottles.candy flavors.
you name it.toddler proof your home.
the're not getting rid of those detergent pods anytime soon.
concerning the chillen' as far as them getting into vaping
or smoking,here are my thoughts.

there seems to be a lot of back and forth
on what attracts the chillen'?
that seems to be one of the biggest arguments in the ANTZ arsenal.
both are built on false assumptions.
do chillen' like flavors?,of course.
do chillen' like cartoons?,again,of course.

so how did all this get rolled into one of the biggest
reasons they have to shove unnecessary regulations down
our throats. sophistry. a collection of data that was in
all probability acurate that was interpreted wrong.
lets look at flavors. the famous study they did concerning
what flavors the chillen' prefered. the basic results were
just over 70 % prefered regular the almost 30 % of the others
prefered all the other flavors combined. so lets for simplicities
sake say the split was 70 % regular,30 % flavored.
of the 30 % that prefered flavors, 80 % prefered menthol over
all the other flavors combined.
the final tally comes to 70 % regular, 24 % menthol,and 6% all
other flavors combined. so with these results they illiminated
all flavors except regular and menthol by far the 2 most popular
choices.so what happened? nothing. there was no 6 % drop of new
chillen' picking up the habit.
this is called putting the cart in front of the horse. the chillen'
started smoking first and made their preferences known after they
took up the habit on a some what regular basis.

now advertising and another famous study.when researchers looked
at what brands the chillen' prefered they found that between 30 and
32 % of the chillen' preferred camel products. for simplicity lets round that down to 30 %. the conclusion,Joe Camel enticed 30 % of the chillen' to begin smoking.
again the cart in front of the horse.what happened when advertising
was sqaushed? nothing. no noticable reduction in underage use.
again the smoking habit started first,the choice of what was cool
to smoke came second.
in intervening years there were studies they claimed showed these restrictions helped but at best they were nebulous.
to better explain what i mean let it be known i partake in
adult beverages as many do. remember your first drink?
did you care if it was beer or bourbon? wine or peach schnapps?
Smearnof ice or pina-colada? i didn't. i have my preferences now
but, back in my days as one of the chillen' whatever you had was good.
in conclusion its my belief that neither flavors or adverising has
no real world bearing on the issue. chillen' smoked because their parents did or their peers did. the choices of what to smoke came after.
:2c:
regards
mike

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

It is a figment of someones imagination that cute cookies on a bottle with entice kids to use the product. Why on earth an adult human will be enticed by it is beyond me as well. I think it is stupid, not because of the kid aspect, but it is just plain stupid.

This is a silly battle to have amongst ourselves.

There are a thousand different ways they will come after us. Until we have facts, all we have is speculation, as does the other side.

Just Curious. Have you seen the Entire replay of this Senate Hearing?

E-Cigarette Marketing | Video | C-SPAN.org

Because if you have, I don't think you would see this as a "Silly Battle".

We might not be able to Completely Win the battle over Health and Safety that those who want to Regulate/Restrict are waging Against us. Be we can at least match them Toe to Toe. And Much of our Study Data discredits their Slanted Results.

But the Argument that e-Cigarettes are being Marketed towards Minors is Very Hard to Dis-Prove to Many People when High Ranking Senators like those seen in this Video can hold up "Juice" Labeled as seen in the OP's First Post.

(BTW - It will be these Same Senators, as well as their Colleges, who Ultimately Decide the fate of e-Cigarettes via the FDA's Deeming Regulations)

Doesn't Matter if they are being Marketed to Minors or Not. And it Doesn't Matter if Kids are actually Attracted to these Labels. None of that Matters.

What matters is it gives Great Weight to those who are going to argue that e-Cigarettes have to be Severely Restricted.

Why do we want to Help our Enemies Destroy the e-Cigarette Market as we know it? When the Solution in this case is to Just Not Use some Stupid Cartoon Character on a Bottle of "Juice"?

It just Boggles the Mind.

Last edited:

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy

We might not be able to Completely Win the battle over Health and Safety that those who want to Regulate/Restrict are waging Against us. Be we can at least match them Toe to Toe. And Much of our Study Data discredits their Slanted Results.

But the Argument that e-Cigarettes are being Marketed towards Minors is Very Hard to Dis-Prove to Many People when High Ranking Senators like those seen in this Video can hold up "Juice" Labeled as seen in the OP's First Post.

Doesn't Matter if they are being Marketed to Minors or Not. And it Doesn't Matter if Kids are actually Attracted to these Labels. None of that Matters.

What matters is it gives Great Weight to those who are going to argue that e-Cigarettes have to be Severely Restricted.

Why do we want to Help our Enemies Destroy the e-Cigarette Market as we know it? When the Solution in this case is to Just Not Use some Stupid Cartoon Character on a Bottle of "Juice"?

My quote. "This is a silly battle to have amongst ourselves." notice the amongst ourselves.

Helping our enemies. That's a tad much. You make it seem as it D-Day storming Normandy.

I doubt a stupid cookie on a bottle is going to destroy the e cig market. You have your right to believe that a cookie would. That right there is part of the issue.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
My quote. "This is a silly battle to have amongst ourselves." notice the amongst ourselves.

Helping our enemies. That's a tad much. You make it seem as it D-Day storming Normandy.

I doubt a stupid cookie on a bottle is going to destroy the e cig market. You have your right to believe that a cookie would. That right there is part of the issue.

OK.

But I'll ask you Again. Have you watched the Entire Replay of that Senate Hearing?

Because Like I said, if you had, I think you would Understand just how Labels like this will be Used Against Us.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa

(BTW - It will be these Same Senators, as well as their Colleges, who Ultimately Decide the fate of e-Cigarettes via the FDA's Deeming Regulations)

it doesn't mater if we use cartoon characters,fancy kids names for flavors or,
any combination of the two. with out them they would invent something else.
"something else the children"
the only people marketing to the children are organizations like
smokefreeca.org with their ad campaigns directed at children and
aired when children are most likely to be watching.
regards
mike

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
it doesn't mater if we use cartoon characters,fancy kids names for flavors or,
any combination of the two. with out them they would invent something else.
"something else the children"
the only people marketing to the children are organizations like
smokefreeca.org with their ad campaigns directed at children and
aired when children are most likely to be watching.
regards
mike

Of Course they are Going to Invent things.

But when the Boxer's or the Diana F's of the world say that we are Marketing "Juice" to Kids but they Can't find any Cartoon Characters on Bottle Labels, it kinda takes the Wind out of their Sails. And doesn't give them Any Physical Evidence to Hold Up for the World to see on CNN.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
While I agree that putting Papa Smurf or a huge Skull and Crossbones on a juice bottle label does nothing For Vaping. And in my experience I've never seen one with either.
I will submit that the labeling, marketing, poisionings, chemicals in juice, etc Are Not The Issue They Are A Smoke Screen.
This is All About MONEY. Our Precious Fearless Leaders Could Give A Rat's A** About You Or Your Kids.
Show Our Fearless Leaders That Pay Back Is Hell. Send/Call Them And Let Them Know Their Support For Prohibition is Neither Welcome Nor Tolerable!

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
And isn't is a sad state of affairs that we have to look at things this way...

I LIKE CUTE STUFF !
I like pretty stuff...I like things that taste good...

I'm NOT dead yet.

I couldn't agree more!!!

Why do vodka companies get a free pass on "cotton candy". Why does nicorette get a pass on fruity flavors. Why do the beer companies get a pass on bikini-clad models, which obviously have no appeal whatsoever to 12-17 year old boys? (I don't quite understand it myself, so I've been scouring the beer ads and Venus, Victoria's, etc. catalogs to try to figure out what the attraction is. My wife ain't buying it; not that it stops her from buying from the catalogs!)

We protect the rights of neo-nazis to display swastikas and hold rallies.
We rule that corporations are allowed to make political contributions, because it's a form of free speech.
We allow yummy-looking dishwasher-detergent pods because they sell better, even though they have caused an increase in child poisionings.

If we decide that censorship on labels is appropriate, we are acknowledging that what we are doing is somehow evil, or at the least, doesn't deserve the rights that is granted to everyone else. That's a slippery slope.

If the laws are going to be enacted based on emotional biases, hidden funding, and private agendas, then we need to fight that because there is no way appeasement is going to sway the result.

After all, are we going to start objecting to "Mother's Milk" because it appeals to the 0-1.5 crowd?

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
OK.

But I'll ask you Again. Have you watched the Entire Replay of that Senate Hearing?

Because Like I said, if you had, I think you would Understand just how Labels like this will be Used Against Us.

No I haven't. There are a lot of things I do not watch. CSPAN is one of them.

Everything will be used against us. I don't argue that. If you think by not putting a cute cookie on a bottle, they will go away? They won't go away until we get facts. I think it just silly focusing on a cute cookie while we have guns/knives/violence/sexual references on other vape related stuff. Why? heck I don't know. Personally I think it is stupid.

Worst of all people still call eliquid joose/juice or whatever the cool new internet phrase is.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
While I agree that putting Papa Smurf or a huge Skull and Crossbones on a juice bottle label does nothing For Vaping. And in my experience I've never seen one with either.
I will submit that the labeling, marketing, poisionings, chemicals in juice, etc Are Not The Issue They Are A Smoke Screen.
This is All About MONEY. Our Precious Fearless Leaders Could Give A Rat's A** About You Or Your Kids.
Show Our Fearless Leaders That Pay Back Is Hell. Send/Call Them And Let Them Know Their Support For Prohibition is Neither Welcome Nor Tolerable!
Do you really not believe in political marketing? Politician have to be popular (elections, you know...) So, while voting on something politician needs to convince public he/she is doing right thing. What can be better than showing to (dumb) voters bottles with cartoon characters filled with nicotine solution? Whatever you say, they are priceless.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
No I haven't. There are a lot of things I do not watch. CSPAN is one of them.

Everything will be used against us. I don't argue that. If you think by not putting a cute cookie on a bottle, they will go away? They won't go away until we get facts. I think it just silly focusing on a cute cookie while we have guns/knives/sexual references on other vape related stuff. Why? heck I don't know. Personally I think it is stupid.

OK...

I Highly Suggest that you do.

Because then, I think, you would Understand Exactly what we are Fighting Against. And how Those who will Decide the Fate of e-Cigarettes in the USA are using things like the OP's bottle of "Juice" against ALL of Us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread