Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
Well, I guess the "lonely, bored, 40+ stay-at-home hypochondriac female" demographic is going to hear about ecigarettes today.

And old Republicans... I hope it's positive so my parents will call me and tell me to stop smoking and start vaping... then I can tell them I already am! :)

Well, I guess the "lonely, bored, 40+ stay-at-home hypochondriac female" demographic is going to hear about ecigarettes today.

Okay, now wait just a minute there bikerbeagle, LOL. I am a 40+ stay-at-home (actually, work part-time from home) female, and yes, I definitely get lonely, but I can tell you that I DO NOT watch Dr. Oz...or any daytime TV! I don't even turn it on during the day, it doesn't occur to me. The very few times I've had TV on in the daytime (when the hubs is home sick or whatever), there has been absolute zero on. So...not all of us pathetic 40+ stay-at-home women watch this schmalz. ;) Give us half an ounce of credit, being at home and being female doesn't mean being entirely brainless. ;)

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
Okay, now wait just a minute there bikerbeagle, LOL. I am a 40+ stay-at-home (actually, work part-time from home) female, and yes, I definitely get lonely, but I can tell you that I DO NOT watch Dr. Oz...or any daytime TV! I don't even turn it on during the day, it doesn't occur to me. The very few times I've had TV on in the daytime (when the hubs is home sick or whatever), there has been absolute zero on. So...not all of us pathetic 40+ stay-at-home women watch this schmalz. ;) Give us half an ounce of credit, being at home and being female doesn't mean being entirely brainless. ;)

But are you a hypocondriac?

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA

Ohhhhhhhhhh my an older hot lonely vaping chick in LA...... :p respectfully and I meant hot as in good looking

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio

;) Ditto, except I'm not especially lonely. I adore being alone. Daytime tv sucks. I will sometimes watch something I've taped or something on Netflix that I can't watch when the kids are home (breaking bad, game of thrones, etc...). I'm also not a hypochondriac. I will probably watch dr. Oz today though, if I remember.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

And I'm a stay at home 52 year old that doesn't turn the TV on also. But if it reaches anybody who didn't know about ecigs, no matter the age or demographic, and reaches them in a positive way...... Hey, every little bit helps! Those that do watch probably knows someone that has been trying to quit smoking or are smokers. Maybe even work a different shift than the regular 9-5. He has a large audience.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Hell, in my day they were sold in vending machines, in restaurants, and malls, and just about anywhere there was 6 sq ft space that people might walk by that wasn't being used....

Yep. I remember many a time at a local club, out of cigs, and putting 4 $1 bills into a mechanical cigarette vending machine, pulling the lever and getting the wrong brand of stale cigarettes.

One of those times did get me to switch from Marlboro Menthols to Reds, though.

Which as we later learned, were all owned and operated by the local branch of the Matranga crime family.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Did Dr. Oz talk about DIY at all? Cuz I don't think that's safe. Two months ago I tried it, I mixed up some Strawberry 50% Propylene Glycol and 50% Nitro Glycerin with 24mg. I didn't even get to vape it after putting in all that work. One touch of the button and that crap blew up my entire home office and I spent 6 weeks in the burn unit. ejuice from a company = ok. DIY = not ok. Dr. Oz needs to get the word out.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Did Dr. Oz talk about DIY at all? Cuz I don't think that's safe. Two months ago I tried it, I mixed up some Strawberry 50% Propylene Glycol and 50% Nitro Glycerin with 24mg. I didn't even get to vape it after putting in all that work. One touch of the button and that crap blew up my entire home office and I spent 6 weeks in the burn unit. ejuice from a company = ok. DIY = not ok. Dr. Oz needs to get the word out.

Don't forget the time that the 55 gallon drum of USP grade VG rolled off of the shelf and crushed the poor guy vaping away on his Provari just below.

We're gonna have to get OSHA involved in this, if all of these incidents keep happening. Danger, danger everywhere!

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
We're gonna have to get OSHA involved in this, if all of these incidents keep happening. Danger, danger everywhere!

Agreed! And the FDA needs to dive deeper! I mean if fruit flavored e-liquid is a gateway for teens to tobacco usage, doesn't that mean fruit flavored liquors are a gateway to teen alcoholism? And fruit flavored candies lead to fruit flavored baked goods, which just leads to teen obesity! We need to shut it all down, shut it all down and bring back prohibition to the Land of Used to Be Free for the sake of all of us!

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
And I'm a stay at home 52 year old that doesn't turn the TV on also.

Off topic alert:

52? I'm not trying to be fresh, but... <whistle>. Lookin' good, lady!

I'm a bit younger than you and I could probably pass for being your dad. It must be all those years of rock 'n roll ;)

Anyway... Cigarette machines: I remember buying a pack from a machine in NYC in 1982 and it cost a whopping 90 cents! I vowed right then and there that I was gonna quit when they hit a dollar. And I did - it just took me 30-odd years to get around to it.

matt.e.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
SLO, CA
Don't forget the time that the 55 gallon drum of USP grade VG rolled off of the shelf and crushed the poor guy vaping away on his Provari just below.

Dibs on the ProVari!

~~~~~~~~

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Could be. When I bought my early packs, nobody checked ID for smokes regardless of what the law was. So I never kept up with it to tell the truth.

I'm not saying that laws will prevent minors from getting them. It's not like it's really been 100% with alcohol, synthetic controlled substances, hookah bars, and the like. But it does discourage and give law enforcement a tool to use against irresponsible vendors. The responsible ones already are careful to screen buyers, if even for appearance sake, and tend not to market directly to children.

When I was 14 I would walk in the bar plink a quarter in the smoke machine and yank a pack of Marboro's.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
The ironic thing about Dr. Oz and other daytime tv talkers is they have far more influence on the masses than any study ever done. Dr Oz won't have to bring up a single documented study to make people believe. We on the other hand bring up all the studies all the time and fight tooth and nail to make someone believe and even then...

Not a fan of Fox News (or any political bias news source) but i can hardly complain that they are seemingly leaning towards acceptance vs prohibition. The significance of having Fox on board goes deeper than the influence on average citizens. They can influence politicians. It's obvious that liberal policy is at the forefront of this particular issue. Since the current admin took over office, the GOP has been unwavering in all efforts to block virtually all liberal policy "just because".

There is no doubt in my mind that the ecig debate/regulation will become politically heated pretty soon. The more conflicting news stories you see makes politicians choosing sides more interesting. I'm fairly certain if the FDA does try to enact far reaching and/or prohibitionist type regulations that the Supreme Court will end up hearing it. Hard to say what happens there..

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy

But the Provari was fine? :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread