Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
this is true but it usually requires much higher temperatures than we vape at to change a chemical compound.when used in food they are frequent heated to much higher temperatures than most people vape at. you can get formaldehyde out of an e-cig but it would require a temperature that is very unpleasant to vape at.I transported hazardous materials for 35 years and have some knowledge of them and their properties.it seems that too many smokers believe the false claims about the dangers of e-cigs. and arguing that it must be dangerous without solid scientific evidence to support that claim may mislead smokers and create a real body count.tobacco is a known risk. vaping has improved the health of smokers who use it to quit.pharmaceuticals have not helped many of us but vaping has.if you are afraid of vaping then don't do it
When you bake, baking is typically done anywhere from 325 to 425 degrees. When I vape on a TC mod, I have the temp set anywhere from 450-550 degrees. Without temp control, I believe the temps are higher. So I think flavoring is vaped at higher temperatures than the typical uses of flavorings. Even candy making is done around the 350 degree range. The only cooking that I can think of that is done at the temps we're vaping at is deep fat frying.

Reactions: mauricem00

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
Thanks for posting the clip @Chibisaurus.

I think the interview was about what could be expected, given the context. Especially since Gutfeld is obviously the type that has not done any in depth study on vaping, nor will he ever. It's just not that interesting to most people. He's the average consumer that sees the Blu or other kit packaging next to the tobacco at a stop & rob, and that's as far as he goes.

The doctor was at least honest, I'll give her that. She showed a degree of arrogance that a lot of doctors and other industry professionals tend to project. As-in, I have a medical degree, how dare you question my opinion or ask for details on studies I am referencing. And I think Gutfeld did a fair job of cornering her irrational statements, without letting it get too far. Appropriate for the 5 minute interview in my opinion.

I think if anyone is looking for a doctor to rationalize vaping, or even recommend it, you're setting your expectations too high. Especially on a TV interview that will live on youtube forever. They just won't do it. Tobacco has done a fine job of showing that you can come back 30, 40, or more years down the line with some sort of terminal health issue and sue for damages.

In my own case, I've had three doctors, my regular physician, DOT physical doc, and dentist, basically say the same thing. "It's clearly less harmful and I'd like to see you quit nicotine altogether. Congratulations on your improved health and keep up the good work."

About the only thing I disliked was Gutfeld mentioning he'd like to see some regulation. Really? From a Fox News host? I hope his producer washed his mouth out with soap for saying that.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Years ago, I tried nicorette gum and threw up. I was going to throw the box out but my then gf said to bring it back to CVS for a refund. I thought it was silly because I already opened it and had one but it was worth a try since it was $75. I was surprised they gave me a full refund with no hassles. That was the last time I tried quitting with chemicals. Vaping is the only thing that worked for me. I've been vaping for over 3 yrs but I started with apv's last year and that's what really helped (Blu and Vea didn't completely stop me). I had my last cigarette 7/17/14, when I started using a MVP 2.0.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    NO-NO-NO, there is no such thing as "Industrial or pharmaceutical grade". USP-NF does not list things by silly descriptive adjectives! The different grades are simply listed by percentage of purity.

We fought long & hard to have the term "pharmaceutical grade" deleted from legislation here, because if passed, "pharmaceutical grade" could mean anything that that the zealots wanted it to mean. (including the impossible)
    There is no legal definition of what "pharmaceutical grade" actually is.
    I believe that the 'grades' that I referred to are merely 'how many times' the product has been filtered, and/or the 'fineness' of the filter(s). I should've typed that before too. All I know for sure is that I wouldn't use PG that I got from an auto parts store.. I get a base liquid of PG/VG/nicotine that I add a bit of flavoring(s) to from an online vaper vendor anyway.

edit: reminds me of the the time when I was much younger (single digits..) and some asked me "what weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?" I also remember the blank stare (that said "what do you take me for") I replied with. :glare:

Last edited:
    Reactions: mauricem00

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 18, 2015
    carson city nevada
    When you bake, baking is typically done anywhere from 325 to 425 degrees. When I vape on a TC mod, I have the temp set anywhere from 450-550 degrees. Without temp control, I believe the temps are higher. So I think flavoring is vaped at higher temperatures than the typical uses of flavorings. Even candy making is done around the 350 degree range. The only cooking that I can think of that is done at the temps we're vaping at is deep fat frying.
    this may be true for cloud chaser but the standard non-sub ohm tank operates at temperatures below 250 degrees.ejuice vaporize at temperatures around 180 degrees. if your vapor temperature are as high as you claim than you would have 3rd degree burns in your throat and lungs. anything over 140 degrees would be uncomfortable to hold between your fingers for more than a couple of seconds and your mouth throat and lungs are more sensitive than your fingers.at 450 degrees you are vaping super heated steam. there are a few risks that are unique to extreme sub-ohming. these risk are not present in conventional vaping. blowing large clouds may seem cool to teenage boys but we should not regulate anything based on the high risk behavior of a small number of people. most vapors I meet use.e-go style batteries and small CE-4 or GS-H2 style (2.4 ohm) tanks.my toaster oven goes up to 400 degrees and will burn e-juice.( I did the test out of curiosity.) but it is a waste of time debating safety without solid evidence. in lew of solid well controlled and properly structured scientific studies.and in light of the fact that ex-smokers who use vaping to stop smoking are getting healthier not sicker I think it is pretty clear to anyone with any common sense that vaping is much safer than smoking. but if you believe vaping is not safe than why are you doing it and engaging in something as risky as cloud chasing. accident happen because people without the proper training and technical skills attempt high risk activities.

kaahn

ECF Veteran
    Mar 26, 2015
    Eastern NC
    You know what they call a doctor with the lowest GPA? Doctor. You ever wonder why a doctor leaves the room after giving you an examination? They are pulling your symptoms up online to come to their diagnosis. I've pulled up symptoms countless times on the internet then went to the doctor just to have them tell you something you already knew. We know almost as much as doctors do at the tips of our fingers. Really the only difference is they can write you a prescription. :lol:...this is only my opinion as I am not a doctor so you should see a doctor.

jseah

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY, USA
    this may be true for cloud chaser but the standard non-sub ohm tank operates at temperatures below 250 degrees.ejuice vaporize at temperatures around 180 degrees. if your vapor temperature are as high as you claim than you would have 3rd degree burns in your throat and lungs. anything over 140 degrees would be uncomfortable to hold between your fingers for more than a couple of seconds and your mouth throat and lungs are more sensitive than your fingers.at 450 degrees you are vaping super heated steam. there are a few risks that are unique to extreme sub-ohming. these risk are not present in conventional vaping. blowing large clouds may seem cool to teenage boys but we should not regulate anything based on the high risk behavior of a small number of people. most vapors I meet use.e-go style batteries and small CE-4 or GS-H2 style (2.4 ohm) tanks.my toaster oven goes up to 400 degrees and will burn e-juice.( I did the test out of curiosity.) but it is a waste of time debating safety without solid evidence. in lew of solid well controlled and properly structured scientific studies.and in light of the fact that ex-smokers who use vaping to stop smoking are getting healthier not sicker I think it is pretty clear to anyone with any common sense that vaping is much safer than smoking. but if you believe vaping is not safe than why are you doing it and engaging in something as risky as cloud chasing. accident happen because people without the proper training and technical skills attempt high risk activities.
    I'm talking about the temperature at the coil. If the coil isn't reaching 450-500 degrees, then why does the display on the temp control mod says 450-500 degrees? When you boil water, the water itself is at 212 degrees, but the steam rising out of the pan is much lower. Otherwise, how can a person stand being in a steam room? If the steam was at the 212 degrees, the people would literally be cooked alive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread