Status
Not open for further replies.

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I agree with you on #1 especially - the one big thing Norway's doing wrong. Those kinds of people are permanently messed up. There's no way to make them less dangerous.

Norway has to do something to attempt rehabilitation due to the fact that the maximum penalty for murder in Norway is 21 years. Rape is only punishable by up to 10 years. Those people will most likely be getting out at some point.

Last edited:

Vapulicious

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
E.Tx
Perfect worlders, how long before such a system could be implemented, and tax dollars appropriated? It wont happen because we barely as a nation can afford to keep public offices open with debt around 109 trillion, our deficit up to 14 trillion, If anything, you'll see a tightening of laws and punishments.

People just dont get it- We're Broke!

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Norway has to do something to attempt rehabilitation due to the face that the maximum penalty for murder in Norway is 21 years. Rape is only punishable by up to 10 years. Those people will most likely be getting out at some point.

Wow. That's insane.

There is currently no way to rehabilitate joy killers, rapists, or pedophiles. Most of them suffer from severe antisocial personality disorder, and there is no treatment.

Those people need to be kept out of society. It's not a vengeance thing. They genuinely are impossible to help.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Wrong, we have large prison populations because of millions of guns in this country, and a huge number of people without education.
And we wont even go into the gumball theory as described above, and how that will impact US population, resources, Taxation, if current Immigration laws are not restructured.

YouTube - Immigration Gumballs

Funny that you say that. More people die in this country from cigarette related illness than firearms. The anti gun laws are futile at best at stopping crime. The "Crime Bill" from that jackarse clinton was the bigest piece of rubbish ever. They targeted weapons that account for less than 1% of the guns used in crime in this country. And they never banned assault rifles, they just made them PC. It is a point system, each component of an assault type weapon is given a point-pistol grip...one point, detachable +10 round mag...1 point, bayonet lug...1 point, flash hider...1 point. You are only allowed two points. So the gun manufacturers just removed the flash hiders and bayonet lugs(like any one ever gets killed by a bayonet or a flash hider in the country). Now, at the same time this bill was passed there was a truce going on between the Bloods and the Crips. Most people atribute the reduction in crime to that alone. Also, floridians were given conceeled cary permits, and that accounted for over a 10% reduction in crime in Miami alone. Several other states followed suit, and the criminals went away from these areas. Access to guns for Law Abiding Citizens has never been a contributer for crime. Yes, there are crimes of passion, and they occur more frequently with weapons other than guns. Statistically you point is not valid. Doesn't hold water. However, I do agree with there being a greater punishment for criminals who use guns. Lock em up!

Vapulicious

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
E.Tx
No argument from me LowThudd, I think everyone should own a gun, in some instances it might even should be mandated so. My point above was in reference to "Why we have so, many people in Americas prisons, not because of "false arrests", or "misdemeanor crimes", its more to do with a society where education is lacking and the ability to obtain firearms is relatively easy. - not a slight against guns or gun owners, just a fact!

Last edited:

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
No argument from me LowThudd, I think everyone should own a gun, in some instances it might even should be mandated so. My point above was in reference to "Why we have so, many people in Americas prisons, not because of "false arrests", or "misdemeanor crimes", its more to do with a society where education is lacking and the ability to obtain firearms is relatively easy. - not a slight against guns or gun owners, just a fact!

actually, 60% of inmates are there for drug offenses. At 30k per year per inmate, that is a HUGE waste of money IMHO. The so called "victimless crime", unless of coarse they were selling to kids, in which case keep em there. We don't need idiots who sell drugs to kids running rampent.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
legalize drugs and tax them.
Problem solved.

With you on that, but IMHo not hard drugs. True, alcohol is just as bad if not worse, I still don't agree w/ all drugs being legalized. The "Herbal" type, sure, nearly is legal here in CA. But it would be better to not play these games and just tax it like alcohol or cigs. Funny that caffine isn't taxed. That is kinda ironic. lol

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
With you on that, but IMHo not hard drugs. True, alcohol is just as bad if not worse, I still don't agree w/ all drugs being legalized. The "Herbal" type, sure, nearly is legal here in CA. But it would be better to not play these games and just tax it like alcohol or cigs. Funny that caffine isn't taxed. That is kinda ironic. lol

Keeping them illegal doesn't stop them being sold. We know that. So what's the point with continuing?

Legal harm reduction programs have been shown to drastically increase the rates of people going to rehab. Total prohibition introduces shame and fear of prosecution to the equation, and people are less likely to go to rehab for that reason.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Keeping them illegal doesn't stop them being sold. We know that. So what's the point with continuing?

Legal harm reduction programs have been shown to drastically increase the rates of people going to rehab. Total prohibition introduces shame and fear of prosecution to the equation, and people are less likely to go to rehab for that reason.

My oppinion is that hard drugs have a pharmacuetical equivelant. So these hard drugs should be considered perscription violations, which is normally a misdemeaner. I don't agree w/ making drug posession a felony, that is plain bogus. But, if someone is on a street corner sell Oxy Codone, they are going to be arrested for distribution of perscription medication w/out a script. And IMO it should be the same way for other derivatives.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
My oppinion is that hard drugs have a pharmacuetical equivelant. So these hard drugs should be considered perscription violations, which is normally a misdemeaner. I don't agree w/ making drug posession a felony, that is plain bogus. But, if someone is on a street corner sell Oxy Codone, they are going to be arrested for distribution of perscription medication w/out a script. And IMO it should be the same way for other derivatives.

Not a bad idea. Add on a harm reduction program for pre-existing addicts to that and you have a decent policy. Something to take care of the addicts we do have to keep them alive long enough to hopefully recover, and help dam the floodgates of new addicts while eliminating the fear/shame/strict prohibition problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread