Eleaf iStick : part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
Just placed an order at Rocky Mountain Vapor. Was debating on getting something other than an istick, but couldn't really resist at the sales price.

Got 3 istick 40w ($27.75 Each), Two Grey and One Black
One upgraded Subtank Mini ($30.00)
One upgraded Subtank Mini rebuildable deck ($5.25)

I called them on Saturday to make sure the rebuildable deck was the new one with the 2 big wicking holes, and he confirmed it for me. Nice guy, and I'm glad I'm purchasing from them. Said they would ship on Monday.

He said all the colors of iStick 40w were in stock, and the 25% off coupon would probably end at the end of the month, so grab one in the next few days if you want the great price.

Last edited:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Tappy Talk would not let me post the picture yesterday of the SatStick... :)

Here it is in all it's glory! :vapor:
Sat22 iStick.jpg

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Just placed an order at Rocky Mountain Vapor. Was debating on getting something other than an iStick, but couldn't really resist at the sales price.....

He said all the colors of iStick 40w were in stock, and the 25% off coupon would probably end at the end of the month, so grab one in the next few days if you want the great price.

I'm expecting delivery of an iStick40 TC and SubTank Mini from Rockey Mountain later today. I already have Ni200 coils for the STM, needed another mod to fire it on. Hope the tracking info is correct.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Modwomping my brand new iStick 40 TC with a STM with stock Ni200 coil. 50/50 VG/PG juice and it's performing great. Super east to setup, switched it to TC with one button push, screwed on the topper, asked if it was new, one button push on Up-Arrow and it's vaping, adj to my preferred temperature and it's done!!

If it lasts better than the ill fated iStick 20's it's a winner for me.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Modwomping my brand new iStick 40 TC with a STM with stock Ni200 coil. 50/50 VG/PG juice and it's performing great. Super east to setup, switched it to TC with one button push, screwed on the topper, asked if it was new, one button push on Up-Arrow and it's vaping, adj to my preferred temperature and it's done!!

If it lasts better than the ill fated iStick 20's it's a winner for me.
Got an Aspire Atlantis with a .17 Ni200 build on the Anyvape RBA deck perched atop iStick TC40W #1 and a .13 build in a Kayfun 4 on the other iStick TC40W. All of my iSticks are holding up nicely... 10, 20, 30, 40, 50...

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
They agree with me that the TC40 could be the best TC device yet because it's the simplest. My SX Mini takes several steps to set up and the VaporShark a couple but I still like the way the SX Mini does PWM in TC. It's a different vape. The Evic is more like the VaporShark in performance.
But why spend more money for the same result? If it will last as good as the 20s and 30s, which I think it will for some reason, I'd rather use one myself. :)

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
@Shawn Hoefer wonderful review!!!

I'm loving mine, works very simply and allows me to use my old Vision Vivi-Nova tanks re-coiled with Ni200. I get a nice warm favorable vape at low temperatures with no juice burning or dry hits, with simple top fills. I've always liked top coil attys & tanks for the warm vapor, but found them touchy for proper juice and airflow. TC and the iStick 40 have solved the problems.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
A general question to all of you TC users: do you find that the vape quality is improved with TC vs conventional setups also? I'm an MTL/low wattage person and haven't had a dry hit in years, honestly, so I'm just wondering what benefits, other than dry hit/burn protection, I can get from a TC setup.

Thanks.

Great review, Shawn! :thumbs:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
A general question to all of you TC users: do you find that the vape quality is improved with TC vs conventional setups also? I'm an MTL/low wattage person and haven't had a dry hit in years, honestly, so I'm just wondering what benefits, other than dry hit/burn protection, I can get from a TC setup.

Thanks.

Great review, Shawn! :thumbs:
Consistency. With a conventional kanthal/wattage/voltage build-even if you never get a dry hit-you're going to have some good vapes and some not so good depending on the state of your coil. With TC, every hit should be just like the last one until you are vaped dry... assuming your wicking is up to the task...

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Consistency. With a conventional kanthal/wattage/voltage build-even if you never get a dry hit-you're going to have some good vapes and some not so good depending on the state of your coil. With TC, every hit should be just like the last one until you are vaped dry... assuming your wicking is up to the task...

Thanks, Shawn... After 5.5 years of vaping, I feel like a newb again.. :facepalm:

I'd love to try TC, though. Titanium or nickel?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Thanks, Shawn... After 5.5 years of vaping, I feel like a newb again.. :facepalm:

If you're sticking with the iStick line, Ni200. You can run Ti, but you have to build low, adjust temp, etc. At present, I'm doing 30 ga, 8 wraps, 2.4 mm i.d. spaced coils and getting a pretty consistent .15 ohm build without taking up a lot of space. I've built in my Kanger Subtank Mini, Aspire Atlantis (Anyvape RBA), Kayfun 4, and the CLR heads from Joyetech.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab

You have followers of both. I don't see much difference in the flavor (my main concern) even from kanthal or nichrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread