Eleaf iStick "pico"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have 2 1st generation squeeze mods still working,,,, 1has a fading light,, since it's nearly a mechanical mod,,, would it continue to work w/o the led light or will I need to open it up and rerun a set of contact /wire? I don't know what to expect,,, would like to keep it going

Not knowing how the circuitry is designed I'd still venture to say that once the LED burns out the only thing that would happen is that the LED no longer illuminates. LED's operate on 5v and are fed the voltage through a dedicated +/- wire. The rest of the mod should function fine, just no LED when you press the fire button. Think of it as stealth mode.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Not knowing how the circuitry is designed I'd still venture to say that once the LED burns out the only thing that would happen is that the LED no longer illuminates. LED's operate on 5v and are fed the voltage through a dedicated +/- wire. The rest of the mod should function fine, just no LED when you press the fire button. Think of it as stealth mode.
I hope so,, they don't want to work right right now. Gave the a good cleaning short of unscrewing the mod. Something now happening is attempts at thermal run away intermittent as well as not firing, with occasionally firing correctly. New batteries etc

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Arctic Fox will be your best option.
The Pico 75 is out of production, and wouldn't expect any more firmware updates from Eleaf.

@puffon, as far as I can tell the Pico 75 is still being sold by FT. Are they just selling off the last of them? If they are I will have to get a few more :)

Reactions: puffon

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
My pico has developed a strangeness. Dab the fire button and the display lights up as normal but when I vape it does dark and stays dark when I release the button. A quick dab and it's lit up again.
Sure that's not stealth mode? I'm pretty sure in stealth mod a quick tap shows the screen contents. Apologies if mistaken.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Sure that's not stealth mode? I'm pretty sure in stealth mod a quick tap shows the screen contents. Apologies if mistaken.

Ah what a doo doo. I must have been farting around with the buttons and didn't notice. Thanks man. :thumbs:

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
Forcing Pico 75 to display "New Coil Up Same Coil Down so you can select "+" for a new coil:
1. Unlock Resistance (Press "-" and fire button at same time), turn Pico OFF.
2. Insert atomizer with a lower resistance (I used a 0.5 ohm kanthal coil)
3. Turn Pico ON. After resistance of the low resistance coil displays, turn Pico OFF.
4. Insert the atomizer with higher resistance you want to vape (my SS coil was 0.62 ohms)
5. Turn Pico ON.
6. Click fire button - "New coil up same down"message will be displayed, Press "+" for New Coil. The resistance of your new coil is now correctly displayed.
7. Press "+" and fire button at same time to Lock Resistance.
Sorry, doesn't work for me either.
I tried with a 0.35 Ohm coil while the higher Ohm coil was 0.59
Carefully followed all the steps but didn't get the New Up/Same Down question.
Only difference I see is you used a Kanthal coil while I was using SS316.

[edit] Yup, works if I use a lower resistance Kanthal coil. Strange! [/edit]
[edit2] Posted too early: can't get a consistant new/same prompt even with a Kanthal coil that's half the resistance of the coil I want to lock onto [/edit2]

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Pico 25 died on me. Fire button went mushy and then it just kept firing for 10secs until auto shut down kicked in.
    I love the feel of the pico 25. Its the perfect sized mod for me.

That sucks monkey balls. Considering how much ejuice my picos got while I was learning to build RTAs, I'm amazed they still work ;)

Sourcemore has some pretty cheap if you want a replacement:

Eleaf iStick Pico 25 Mod

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    That sucks monkey balls. Considering how much ejuice my picos got while I was learning to build RTAs, I'm amazed they still work ;)

Sourcemore has some pretty cheap if you want a replacement:

Eleaf iStick Pico 25 Mod
    Monkey balls, indeed, Ange :D
    I have spares but Im just kinda rethinking my stash.

• Love
    Reactions: AngeNZ

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    Pico 25 died on me. Fire button went mushy and then it just kept firing for 10secs until auto shut down kicked in.
    I love the feel of the pico 25. Its the perfect sized mod for me.
    I fixed it.
    Normality has been restored. I just kinda love everyone and everything right now.
    Its all just so - good'n'stuff.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2015
    Kent - United Kingdom
    Thanks for restoring my faith!
    Browsing this thread, few pages back, I read of someone stating it.
    I have two Pico 75, two Pico 25, and two Pico 21700 which I acquired along the years. One extra 25 I bought later, died prematurely, but I believe it was just one unfortunate occurrence, as the Pico are very reliable.
    The Pico 75, is very efficient too, much more than the successive iterations, around 95% or so, and when used for MTL, the battery is truly long lasting.

When the Picos first appeared, the truly good batteries (the likes of VTC5D and the P28A) weren't so commonly available as today.

Now, with a P28A in the Pico 25, I can use a mesh atomiser at 75 W without ending with unreasonably short run times, or without killing the cell prematurely, as was the case at beginning of year 2016.

Good Pico!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread