Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Well neither my Ti or Ni build was not a success with the CLR head, but I am very new to TC building, and the only successful Ni builds I have had, are with the kanger subtank.

Both Ti and Ni kept hitting temp protection straight away, tried 2 coils of each and same thing, so just ended up doing a kanthal coil for it instead, and that is working well, maybe some with more TC building experience will have more luck than me.
Try building a higher resistance coil in NI200 or Ti than you normally would. Joytech & eleaf don't like low resistances in TC very much and don't play well with them.

Reactions: Nailz

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Try building a higher resistance coil in NI200 or Ti than you normally would. Joytech & eleaf don't like low resistances in TC very much and don't play well with them.

I'll try again in the next few days, also something I forgot, when watched a rebuild on the CLR head on youtube, they took the gold pin from the crap stock Ni head and used that in the CLR head, which is what they use in the CLR Ni heads too, meant to be better conductivity.

But even just using kanthal, really liking this tank, really good flavor, I am really tempted to get another tank, and they are pretty cheap too, might pick up some of the CLR Ni heads too, they in stock at sweet-vapes and vapenw ;)

Tpat591

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2014
    RB nj
    With Ecig @ $44 (& 5% coupons floating around) for the VTC, I just bought two entire mod w/ tank combos. They are out of stock now, but should have more soon.

Didn't think the CLR NI200 Heads were even released yet but I know the Ti ones were ($10.28) - told that Ecig will be restocking CL NI200 heads tomorrow ($7.79).

Yea they didn't plate those bottom pins for nothing. Might have had something to do with it!

Really glad that tank is performing well as I had my doubts, but was intrigued by the CLR Heads as having real potential. Thoughtful, cheap, compact design.

Cant wait to get it & try it out!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Nailz

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    New MVR software is up on Joyetech's site;
    MVR Software - Joyetech

*UPDATE*

Firmware is now 1.10 - only detectable change is an option to show real time display of amperage used in the battery indication area.

Warning for TC users, firmware resets to wattage mode at 60 watts after update.

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Birmingham, England
    MVR Software - Joyetech

*UPDATE*

Firmware is now 1.10 - only detectable change is an option to show real time display of amperage used in the battery indication area.

Good man. Great heads up! And the mac version is there! :headbang:

jefx

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2015
    Chicago burbs
    Well neither my Ti or Ni build was not a success with the CLR head, but I am very new to TC building, and the only successful Ni builds I have had, are with the kanger subtank.

Both Ti and Ni kept hitting temp protection straight away, tried 2 coils of each and same thing, so just ended up doing a kanthal coil for it instead, and that is working well, maybe some with more TC building experience will have more luck than me.

Hitting temp protection is not a bad thing. When the mod says temp protection, it means you are at your desired temp and the device is regulating power to keep it there.

If you want a slower ramp time up to temp protection, try lowering your wattage.

For TC vaping, the chosen wattage is how much power is used to get to the chosen temp. Once to hit that temp, the device auto regulates power to keep it there (temp protection).

Your wattage setting determines how quickly your coil will get to the desired temp. A high wattage will hit temp protect almost instantly. Too low wattage will never hit the desired temp.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
    Apr 17, 2015
    Croatia
    MVR Software - Joyetech

*UPDATE*

I want this mod more and more each day i'm waiting for it :D
    Awesome!

jefx

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2015
    Chicago burbs
    I am still getting a dry hit on temp mode what am I doing wrong?
    built and single coil again,pulsed in power mode
    so I can adjust the coil and wicked and switched to temp mode,

I changed wicks , a Thad thinner than unusually put in,testing is it gives me a dry hit

Either you have too high of a temp setting or your using an atty that doesn't perform well for TC.

The Mega tank coils dont have enough juice flow to work properly.

Offset coil attys also don't work well for TC. They cause a hot leg that is hard for the mod to overcome. A 2 post atty with a well centered coil works best in my experience.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Hitting temp protection is not a bad thing. When the mod says temp protection, it means you are at your desired temp and the device is regulating power to keep it there.

If you want a slower ramp time up to temp protection, try lowering your wattage.

For TC vaping, the chosen wattage is how much power is used to get to the chosen temp. Once to hit that temp, the device auto regulates power to keep it there (temp protection).

Your wattage setting determines how quickly your coil will get to the desired temp. A high wattage will hit temp protect almost instantly. Too low wattage will never hit the desired temp.

Yes but the problem was, it was also only giving me between 5-10 watts of power, so was hardly getting any vapor from it, but will try a lower wattage when try it next though.

zeus01

ECF Veteran
    Aug 19, 2011
    manila
    Either you have too high of a temp setting or your using an atty that doesn't perform well for TC.

The Mega tank coils dont have enough juice flow to work properly.

Offset coil attys also don't work well for TC. They cause a hot leg that is hard for the mod to overcome. A 2 post atty with a well centered coil works best in my experience.

found a way to overcome the offset I think
    was able to build a sleeper dual coil 11 wraps,2.5mm guide dual ,ohms out right about 0.16 ohms
    so far ok,cottons turns really white,I like my vape really warm so I guess I'd have to bear with it,

been reading a lot lately,
    do we have errors like no juice dry cotton etc?
    or just the temp protection thing?

sorry for a ton of questions,
    a bit new to tc and in ph they are all about mechs,very few on vw and most of them are on high end like snow and smok xcubes

zeus01

ECF Veteran
    Aug 19, 2011
    manila
    MVR Software - Joyetech

*UPDATE*

mine did not :(

VapingBad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 16, 2015
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Just a tip for anyone wanting to order one of these from Fasttech, they have just risen the price by a large amount. :(

But if you are quick, you can use the coupon code MAP to bring the mod down to it's original price :)
    And you can add code RMBBUST for another 5%

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread