FDA deeming rule could happen tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
This is from the Smoke Free Alternatives Trade Association.

24f2e45d85100de0a3c880d6b4430df7.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=781631868604544&id=383529201748148

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
It might hit, it might not. I find it interesting the FDA would rush it out so quickly after the House Committee that controls the FDA's budget added in a section on making any grandfather dates the date the regulations go into affect into the budget bill for the year. This bill passed the committee but hasn't passed the House floor as a whole nor the Senate. I'd think the FDA would wait on the results of those processes then amend or not amend depending on what passed the Legislature Branch, HR2058 is still buried but active and still in play. We'll see, still feel the FDA is over reaching much to much over its true authority here, but we do need to see some form of regulation come into play, but mainly on safety issues.

Reactions: MMW

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
It might hit, it might not. I find it interesting the FDA would rush it out so quickly after the House Committee that controls the FDA's budget added in a section on making any grandfather dates the date the regulations go into affect into the budget bill for the year. This bill passed the committee but hasn't passed the House floor as a whole nor the Senate. I'd think the FDA would wait on the results of those processes then amend or not amend depending on what passed the Legislature Branch, HR2058 is still buried but active and still in play. We'll see, still feel the FDA is over reaching much to much over its true authority here, but we do need to see some form of regulation come into play, but mainly on safety issues.

Likely an attempt to over power the Budget bill by acting first. Next seek out support to have the amendment removed from the budget bill. :facepalm:

Firmly
Delusional
Authority

:grr:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Likely an attempt to over power the Budget bill by acting first. Next seek out support to have the amendment removed from the budget bill. :facepalm:

Firmly
Delusional
Authority

:grr:
That was my thought too. Once it's in place, a lot of damage will already be done, much of which will probably be irrevocable. How many businesses will shut down once they find out how restricted the market will be? How much support will there be to amend a date for a regulation that's already in effect?

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I think it might be time for me to work on stepping down to 6mg. Make my stash last a bit longer.

I thought about going down from 10mg to 8mg, not much of a drop, but maybe stretch the stash out a little. But maybe I'd start vaping more, oh wait, I'm already a chain vapor, not sure I could vape more. :)

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I thought about going down from 10mg to 8mg, not much of a drop, but maybe stretch the stash out a little. But maybe I'd start vaping more, oh wait, I'm already a chain vapor, not sure I could vape more. :)
I'm down to less than 3ml a day on average, of 12mg. Maybe a smaller step down, 9mg-ish.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I hope it is good news.

I don't want to be sourcing black market NIC in Walmart parking lots from guys on Craigslist in 20 years when my freezer supply runs out.

P.s. Now that I have had time to think about it, I would guess any announcement (if there is one) would be to confirm if the 2007 deeming date stands or will be changed. I can't see the whole thing done by tomorrow morning. Doesn't make sense...

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I'm down to less than 3ml a day on average, of 12mg. Maybe a smaller step down, 9mg-ish.
incremental is the way to go. For me 12 down to 6 was too big a step. 9 was a good compromise for a time...I've been at 6 now for well over a year so I'm thinking from here on I'll drop one mg/ml every couple months. If I can wean down to three mg/ml I'll be all set for a very long time.

I do keep some 12 and 18 on hand for those very rare occasions when things get rough...

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I hope it is good news.

I don't want to be sourcing black market NIC in Walmart parking lots from guys on Craigslist in 20 years when my freezer supply runs out.

P.s. Now that I have had time to think about it, I would guess any announcement (if there is one) would be to confirm if the 2007 deeming date stands or will be changed. I can't see the whole thing done by tomorrow morning. Doesn't make sense...
I don't understand your comments, they've been working on this for years. It was submitted to OMB months ago. What about this has been quick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread