Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Overall, it's a pretty good article, but putting in a plug (no pun intended) for a disposable then embedding a video showcasing folks, that may be smokers and are most definitely not vapers, that have a pro stance on banning disposables.. :?: :?::?:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Thought this one deserved a post. It's not exactly mainstream media but it showed up in my MSN news feed and it's a very positive and knowledgeable take on vaping. Not something you see often.

From the Link you posted...

Supportive Community​

Embarking on the journey to quit smoking can feel isolating, but the vaping community offers a sense of camaraderie and shared purpose, making it a supportive network for individuals seeking to overcome their tobacco dependency.

Online forums, social media groups, and local vape shops create spaces where experiences and advice are exchanged, fostering an environment of encouragement and understanding.

This collective wisdom empowers members to learn from others’ successes and setbacks.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Overall, it's a pretty good article, but putting in a plug (no pun intended) for a disposable then embedding a video showcasing folks, that may be smokers and are most definitely not vapers, that have a pro stance on banning disposables.. :?: :?::?:
    Actually, I didn't watch the embedded video. Guess I missed that wrinkle.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Not sure if I ever posted this. Pardon me if I did.

I’ve seen several docs over the past year or two. Primarily preventative healthcare stuff. Did have one a bit scary about mutating red blood cells that turned out to be nothing. But you have to fill out forms and they ask you tons of questions. You know the routine. And of course they always want to know if you smoke or ever smoked. I tell them I used to smoke but quit and vape instead. They always asked more questions about my smoking. How long, how much, when I started, when I quit, on and on. I’d always follow up with, “and now I vape “. Not a one of them gave a rip that I vaped. Didn’t so much as ask me one question about it. Only the smoking.

I find that revealing.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    An interesting viewpoint. Based on the market forces driving tobacco companies so it's all about investor returns. Apparently vaping just isn't doing it for them, and there are some other options being developed.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Actually, I didn't watch the embedded video. Guess I missed that wrinkle.
    Some websites can't be rendered properly in the browser I use primarily so I often don't even bother to load the 'irrenderant' item in another browser. I was very interested in watching the Youtube video in this article, so I bothered..

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    , and there are some other options being developed.
    Like Hnb, or Heat not Burn, devices. More than 5 years ago I learned that it's not too good an idea to answer, "It's just a vaporizer." to a cop when he points to ones mod and asks "What's that?"..

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Some websites can't be rendered properly in the browser I use primarily so I often don't even bother to load the 'irrenderant' item in another browser. I was very interested in watching the Youtube video in this article, so I bothered..
    I rarely watch embedded videos. I like written words more than spoken words in video.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Y'know, I don't mind fair regulation. Many, if not most capitalists have no conscience or care for anything but to make a buck and that gets outta hand. Unfortunately the FDA is trying to do something other than fair regulation.

This is what I got in the package from Vapor42. Sorry, but that's just wrong and not the way an adult product should be allowed to be marketed. You can debate the marketing materials, but the lollipop? Uuuummmm, not so much.

06F7Fok.jpg

I used to collect folding knives and some vendors included candy, patches, stickers, and I'm 63. I did eat the candy!

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2013
    Springfield, MO
    Like Hnb, or Heat not Burn, devices. .......
    Lol, I remember trying the first HNB cigarette in the 80's.
    Drove 250 miles to get a carton because they were only available in test markets.
    It was called Premier but was absolute garbage.
    I guess you have to start somewhere.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    "[The program] relies on testimonials given by people from the target communities, making the content relatable and increasing the utilization of the free resources the campaign makes available," added Bazzi, who is not associated with the CDC.

The CDC’s campaign, which first launched in 2012, features stories and tips from former smokers who kicked a really bad habit.

It is not nicotine but rather the chemicals in tobacco that cause cancer, heart disease and lung disease, she said.

But, of course, "stories and tips" from vapers who have quit smoking are not allowed... those are just anecdotal... and, uh, we KNOW it's not the nic!!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Drove 250 miles to get a carton
    There are reasons I drove those kinds of distances in my younger years, but they usually involved wanting to, uhm, get together with a member of the fairer sex who was temporarily away, not for some nicotine product! :laugh:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Interesting read this AM, don't expect it to get any legs since it's, well, somewhat factual:
    Science shows switching to e-cigarettes provides the single most effective path for Black smokers to reduce smoking. Yet, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) continues approving traditional cigarettes while denying Black citizens access to vaping products offering a lifeline from addiction. This contradicts the mission of Biden’s Cancer Moonshot to halve U.S cancer deaths by 2050, and the administration’s own stated health equity goals.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Science shows switching to e-cigarettes provides the single most effective path for Black smokers to reduce smoking.
    Black Americans deserve real tobacco harm reduction options

Yeah, because only one race is affected by the ill effects of combustion smokes and the rest are not worthy of tobacco harm reduction. Junk, sensationalist, virtue-signalling, bu||sh-- "journalism" at it's finest.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    Back in January, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals reversed Triton Distribution's Marketing Denials Orders issued by the FDA. They said the MDOs were “arbitrary and capricious" and accused the FDA of pulling a "surprise switcharoo" on manufacturers. They also said that the FDA sent manufacturers of flavored e-cigarette products on a "wild goose chase".

Now the FDA is trying to appeal the case to the Supreme Court.

"If the court accepts the FDA’s petition, it could forever alter the agency’s premarket review process—or it could validate the FDA’s current practices."

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Back in January, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals reversed Triton Distribution's Marketing Denials Orders issued by the FDA. They said the MDOs were “arbitrary and capricious" and accused the FDA of pulling a "surprise switcharoo" on manufacturers. They also said that the FDA sent manufacturers of flavored e-cigarette products on a "wild goose chase".

Now the FDA is trying to appeal the case to the Supreme Court.

Thx WFM.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Thanks for the hat tip.

Have pin vise, will travel (but not far these days). Still lookin in from time to time but watchin the doin's from the tree line. Made a migration out of my comfortable prison on the the beaches to cooler country. Had my fill of high-rise livin and Lambo's layin down donuts on my front door night and day. With nary a hurricane or two to scare them away.

The move over this past year has been an awesome undertaking. Folks think Bruce looks like he's in his 50's but I'm modestly older.

But still churnin out parallel TMC's, 6-lead tensioned quads and test juices for myself and the faithful. No longer the big menu as I haven't done any training groups for quiet a while. But I'm grateful for a small following.

Take care WFM and, best of luck all.

Users who are viewing this thread