FDA FDA's leaked guidance for PMTAs confirm deeming reg would ban >99.9% of nicotine vapor products

Status
Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
As far as I know, the relationship between AEMSA and the FDA is nowhere near collaborative.
But I have absolutely no doubt that AEMSA wishes it were, and was hoping it could be.

Okay, forget I said "to be" and let's go with "to influence" instead...And just in case anyone is confused, I fully support such efforts on their part.

Don't know that much about AEMSA's operation other than the background I've seen here and on their site to comment. Didn't intend to impart a negative connotation to the word collaborate in the context of the relationship to this subject (the FDA). Feel industry trade assoc's, industry technical cooperatives, workgroups, etc. are beneficial to the public on many grounds. Provided the objectives of such collaboration do not yield to monopolistic collusion, restraint of trade...shall I use the M word or G word…such applies to any presumptive cooperation between such groups and government. If the net effect is the avoidance of undue legislation and ill-advised government meddling, all the better.

Good luck all. Now please go see my post on what's happening in FL just before this melange began. Really concerning. Something like 26 or 27 states with "preemption" clauses in constitution or statutes. States could be allies to help us preserve the individual right and not stick the consequences of the MSA bill on us. What crawled in the backdoor is criminalization. Makes concerns about the FDA rather superfluous.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
IMO, it takes a whole lot of denial to realize that those who demand regulations are actually that which is creating the black market...Oh well. C'est la vie.

I agree, unavoidable. But as an unintended consequence this is far better than an overburdened, excessively costly, ineffective regulatory solution that in the end provides no protection in practical terms, is unenforceable and leaves no potential for improvement we would see derived from natural competition. Collectivist fail. Government builds pointless structure — we pay for their privilege.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
I read a few pages of the comments on the article. The author repeatedly refutes a bunch of people claiming he's wrong, and that the rumors are true, but there's no convincing them.
When given a choice between believing the probable and mundane vs believing the improbable and alarming, a substantial and growing minority seems to prefer the latter.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
political_debates_in_the_usa_by_brokenteapot.jpg

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I think it would behoove us all to come to the conclusion that everything is a lie.
And within those lies, are lies that are also lies.

This is how the political system works.
Not just here, but everywhere, and always.
Indeed.

What is the answer?
Hell if I know.
For me, it is to reject the notion that such systems have any moral authority or legitimacy. But it's kinda like vaping; what works for me may not work for you, and what works for you may not work for the next guy.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Design diversity works to ensure system architecture dependability and reliability. We can thank this philosophy for the effectiveness of the internet. For similar reasons it's why we're a republic, to constrain error.

Good luck all.

:)_
Unfortunately the original design constraints have not been adhered to.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I think it would behoove us all to come to the conclusion that everything is a lie.
And within those lies, are lies that are also lies.

This is how the political system works.
Not just here, but everywhere, and always.

What is the answer?
Hell if I know.

For vaping, the answer is quite plausibly the black market. While the law is (at times) greatly concerned with it, politicians aren't so much.

While we are currently on open market in U.S., politicians (state and local) are weighing in and in maybe 3 instances they've weighed in with something favorable. All the other politicians weighing in are clearly basing their policies on lies. Making it far more pronounced that some of their other issues/policies are quite likely based on deception.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Adding this more for the historical record. This is a bit old-ish and needs to be taken with a grain of salt but I thought it would be worth a look see for those interested.

FDA Ruling On Cigars Frozen For Now –

In the comments section the blog's author claims they protect their sources, so who knows it could be something and it may also be nothing.

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
Adding this more for the historical record. This is a bit old-ish and needs to be taken with a grain of salt but I thought it would be worth a look see for those interested.

FDA Ruling On Cigars Frozen For Now –

In the comments section the blog's author claims they protect their sources, so who knows it could be something and it may also be nothing.
Yeah, whats taking them so long anyway? Might be something to this, thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread