Freaking Out the Checkout Girl at Wal-Mart (on accident)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
WalmartLoading_zpsf271f28f.jpg

There's reasons why few even notice e-smokers at Wal-Mart
:p

snottyragsdale

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
New York State
The next day another employee came up to us to tell us he'd just ordered his first kit. He was so excited. He said he'd read my blog after talking with us because he'd seen us vaping. I think it's worth it to deal with the few idiots here and there if I can possibly save/alter someone's life for the better. I'm not hiding in the shadows anymore. I vape and I'm proud. I will always try and be respectful and appropriate but I refuse to let the screaming idiots snuff out this amazing discovery. Everyone needs to know and the more of us there are, the less chance the FDA can just take them away from us on a whim.

Word! I vape everywhere, I've had 3 people say something in 3 years, and only one of them was a negative experience! Just be cool and calm and let the dense prove what they are. Most people, where I'm at anyway, are getting more and more used to e cigs.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
When in the smoking areas, I blow huge clouds. The curious looks from cig smokers is priceless. Sometimes the curious approach and ask questions. I love trying to keep my answers short and to the point. Oh how I can rattle on when I'm excited about things like vaping. oi!

When in non-smoking sections, I refrain or at least only stealth vape.

I've vaped in restaurants, by asking for a private booth where I can stealth vape. After explaining what "stealth" vaping is, the hostess will smile and happily show me my booth. They love it. Finally, the customers are coming back, slowly and stealthily.

There's been times when I'd forget I should stealth vape and accidentally let out a cloud where I shouldn't.. but instead of getting cursed out by the critic's, I was treated like the new scratch-n-sniff-perfume to share with all the passer-bys. Vape it again, Sam!

When I catch myself wanting to show off vaping for non-vapers to discover, I just picture everyone else carrying Caravellas and Kayfuns instead of stogies and gum. Puts me in my place right quick.
When I catch myself wanting to sneak a vape cuz of a kid or two nearby, their parent will light up a smoke before getting into the car. It never fails. It's always a russian/vaping roulette. That parent needed me to blow clouds but I was being politically correct and hiding it from the kids. :rolleyes:

Just be yourself, be polite, mind your manners, respect other's personal space, and let the world take care of itself.

Last edited:

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Love the video Vape Girl, & I agree to most of what you have to say. Things that have been taboo in Calif for decades, have only been taboo in other states for a short while. I remember my jaw dropping when one of my Calif friends who moved to Oklahoma absolutely loved it because they still allowed smoking in grocery stores. That's probably changed by now, but at the time it was already unheard of here in my state. I mean, dead, concrete, totally unheard of here, not even a memory. To vape in a check out line here in Calif would be as out of place as if I were lighting up a smoke. But, back yonder, it would still be in transference I would assume.

My words won't flow this time of day, I hope this is making sense. I just want to remind you/others that there are various time lapses for us across the states, and what one state can communicate, another state would be unspeakable. Tis a shame, but it is what it is.

BTW, you're a doll! That was the fastest 7-8 minutes ever. I'm usually turning videos off by the 3rd minute, trying to save bandwidth, for the next vid. (limited bandwidth here in my neck of the woods). Kudos

DeathsMistress

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
jeneefowler.com
You bring in some pretty good points. This video was made while I was living in Vegas. Vaping in public in Vegas... Well, I mean, there are "ladies of the evening" everywhere, people offered me "illicit substances" randomly in public and you could buy hard liquor any time of the day or night...

Life is different in different places. If I was offending the crap out of people constantly, I wouldn't be doing it. I'm not tying to ruin this for everyone. We had like five B&M's when I left and four more popped up since. Vaping is HUGE in Vegas. I would often vape to protect myself from the smoke around me.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Yeah, I made a video about it. A lot of people like to get angry on the subject. Others really understand and agree.

1-GoodPostAnimated_zps8f9a936c.gif

I'm well over 60 years old and came of age in the 60's ... if that gives ya some insight
and I think this is the coolest e-smoking in public vid I've ever seen ... KUDOS !!
1-ThumbsUp_zpsc134b2bb.gif

Last edited:

Ravalstoney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Dallas, Tx
I think this is a Fundamental Concept.

That a person who Vapes at Wal-Mart in Texas may be perceived Completely Different as the Same Person who vapes in a Wal-Mart in NYC.

True, though even in the same state its perceived differently in different areas. Tx. is a very conservative state but where I live in (Dallas) it's something like the Vape capitol of the state. There's a lot of B&Ms around and they continue to pop up. We have a meet every month and we've always gotten at least 200 people show up the times I've gone. But in Houston...nothing literally not one legit B&M. Not sure why, Houston is the bigger city.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
1-GoodPostAnimated_zps8f9a936c.gif

I'm well over 60 years old and came of age in the 60's ... if that gives ya some insight
and I think this is the coolest e-smoking in public vid I've ever seen ... KUDOS !!
1-ThumbsUp_zpsc134b2bb.gif

I know right! I loved it too. It really highlights the positive! :vapor:
It brought to light for me, how different our states are, and why we have such differing actions and opinions, hesitantsies(sp) and vigor.
Even so, she's spot on.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
True, though even in the same state its perceived differently in different areas. ...

This can be Very True.

The overall Views of Southern California are usually Very Different to those of Northern California.

This is why I kinda frown when I read something about someone Vaping Everywhere and Never having a Problem. And that people should do it to "Inform" people about vaping.

When what might happen is that you just Piss a Lot of People Off because the Views are Different where you live.

And ...... Off people form groups to get things Banned.

nonliteral

Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Dallas
True, though even in the same state its perceived differently in different areas. Tx. is a very conservative state but where I live in (Dallas) it's something like the Vape capitol of the state. There's a lot of B&Ms around and they continue to pop up. We have a meet every month and we've always gotten at least 200 people show up the times I've gone. But in Houston...nothing literally not one legit B&M. Not sure why, Houston is the bigger city.

Not to derail, but any chance you could post or PM me a link to dallas vape meetup info? I've been looking around but haven't found anything.

Thx!

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
I vape in public also. I get strange looks all the time but no one has said anything to me. I vape in the grocery store, department stores, drug stores, any where I'm happen to be. I've never had anyone ask what it is but I'd be happy to explain if someone did. Educate the masses, they need it. Most smokers are always looking for a way to quit and a shocking amount of people know nothing about e-cigs. My wife says no one ask or says anything because I'm scary (6'3",220lbs, covered in tattoos) but I think it's because they are scared of looking ignorant. The only time I draw the line is if kids are in close proximity and that's just out of respect for the children.
i'm a skinny guy not very frightening unless i don't shave for a day. have gotten more than my fair share of idiotic comments when i vape in public.fortunately i have the people skills of a serial killer with a chain saw. one dirty look from me and the offender takes their stupid comments down the road. don't blame the puke mart drone too much. there isn't an amount of money that would make me want to work there. her life skills have gotten her right where she needs to be. as you get on with your new non smoking life?, rest assured she will be slaving away on the night shift long after you reap the rewards of quitting. double bonus points right there.

Light Seeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Houston TX

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Well, actually at least 3 legit b&m's, but you're absolutely right, vaping in Houston is almost nonexistent, and doing it in public always brings out questions from the curious or attitudes that it's illegal. Not sure why the 4th largest city has so little exposure, maybe I should open a vape shop! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread