Has Anyone Seen This Crap?.....

Discussion in 'Legal Issues with Ecigarette Use' started by jlew, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jlew

jlew Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    WV, USA

I had no real idea where to put this so if the moderators wish to move it to a more suitable place
    in the forum, feel free to do so.

I had to bring this to everyone's attention because I came across it on accident and it has Infuriated
    me into writing them and asking Why they are lying to people and spreading propaganda in order to
    confuse people and generate business.

www .yourlawyer.com/topics/overview/Electronic-Cigarettes"]Electronic Cigarette Injury Lawsuits[/URL]

This is such a crock of BS

Edit by classwife :
    Removed the [URL="http:// from the beginning to break the live link
  2. steved5600

steved5600 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Dallas, Texas
    You know what Shakespeare said. The US has among the largest ratio of lawyers to non lawyers in the world. Know the difference between a Lawyer and a Catfish one is a scum sucking bottom feeder and the other is just a fish. LOL
  3. recidivus

recidivus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    Those studies aren't actually lies, the tests happened and the results are there, I'm not going to argue about the methodology and whatnot.

Unfortunately someone decided "safer alternative" meant "healthy hunky dorey" and thinks a lawsuit is in order, but such is the way of US courts it seems.
  4. IndubitablyMe

IndubitablyMe Full Member

Oct 24, 2012
    The worst thing about crap like this is that it will prevent lots of smokers from even TRYING ecigs. Whenever I see this kinda stuff I always wonder who's got who in whose back pocket.
  5. greenman

greenman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2010
    It is what it is.
  6. AdvanceCustoms1

AdvanceCustoms1 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    There is always going to be somebody trying to sue somebody. If there is one thing I can't stand its those scummy accident and lawsuit lawyers, always exaggerating and flat out lying. How can they sleep at night?
  7. zuzette

zuzette Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2012
    I'm still waiting to see any evidence that e cigs are marketed to children. but never mind...if the lawyers can't get their facts straight their clients aren't likely to be interested in truth any way.
  8. DMAudio

DMAudio Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2012
    "E-cigarettes can be harmful to your health"

OK, until they receive stringent quality controls, I can kind of accept that statement, however...

Cigarettes ARE harmful to your health....yet they haven't been banned. Go figure!

9. zapped

zapped Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 30, 2009
    Richmond, Va right in Phillip Morris' backyard
    'f'ing ambulance chasers and people wonder why our government is so screwed up.Its full of lawyers who are taught to ignore common sense and decency in favor of what the law allows them to get away with.
  10. Bullette the Cowdog

Bullette the Cowdog Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Jeeez...I hate lawyers.
    Could you break the link in that website for us?
  11. zapped

zapped Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 30, 2009
    Richmond, Va right in Phillip Morris' backyard
    hmmmm.....what did i do with the email address of the hacker I know?
  12. devaspawn

devaspawn Full Member Verified Member

Oct 31, 2012
    A bus can be harmful to your health, as well. What's their point?!
  13. robtest

robtest Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2012
    atlanta, ga metro area
    They should shut the whole industry down... The batteries contain lithium, which requires a Doctor to prescribe ...

IMHO, All the FDA test did was make a case against organically tobacco flavored juice...
  14. denali_41

denali_41 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    what do yu call a bus load of lawyers at the bottom of the ocean ?? a good start !!

claims they used for this lawsuit were are all news breaking in 2009,and of course exaggerated and changed the context

this is all about lawyers trying to get more money from the general public
  15. tf01134

tf01134 Full Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Cherry Hill
    OMG they can't expect to get a big payday
  16. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    That crap is so out of date! Things change, for instance all VG produced prior to 2007 contained DG (a dangerous substance). Since those FDA tests were done using products made in china using VG produced prior to 2007, guess where the DG found in the FDA tests came from.
    There have been plenty of studies completed now, and more are in the works that show the actual risks, and lack there of from vaping. it behooves everyone to read these studies when they are published so that you do know.
  17. flintlock62

flintlock62 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    Arkansas Delta
    If there was in fact, diethylene glycol found in the tested products, it cam from China, which I don't trust anyway. I refuse to buy Dekang for the same reason. After all, the Chinese put melamine in baby formula which took several lives. They also poisoned pets.

Being marketed to children is a lie. If they were marketing e-cigs to children, they would have McDonald's looking advertisements. When I still smoked analogs, a younger person was in front of me, and was carded when he purchased his disposable.
  18. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    Is it Really a the Lawyers who are at Fault? They just do what they do for the Love of Money.

Until we change our Judicial System, and bring forth some Meaningful Tort Reform, Nothing is going to change.
  19. oxygen thief

oxygen thief Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    Changing the judicial system will take lawyers. Oh, the irony. I have a rule, never deal with anyone whose website looks like a tabloid.
  20. BGabe

BGabe Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2011
    I had mixed feelings about this article. One half of me said, "these people are out of their freaking minds." The other half said, "do we really know exactly what we are inhaling?" I do agree, some of their claims are 100% BS. But, we don't really know what kind of chemical reactions are taking place when we inhale this stuff.

But, they referred to 2 companies that I would never even consider purchasing from anyway. I really think that these articles should not be out there. This stuff has NOT been tested as it should and therefore, these claims are all up in the air. Where are the warnings and ads telling the public that BLU cigs are bad?? OH that's right, the gov't is getting their money worth on that one because it's from one of the big tobacco chains now. So, it should be safe, right?

All in all, I think it's wrong to ban certain things, look at prohibition, for example. Obviously e-cigs aren't causing car accidents and making people eat other people's faces. So, it should be a "you have been warned" scenario. If I want to slowly kill myself, I should be able to do it. That was the attitude I had when I smoked and even if these things are banned, I will continue using what I have and making my own juice. Because I ENJOY it. I will never smoke again. The best bet for them is to tax it and make money off of it because it IS the way of the future.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.