Having major withdraw

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRobin

Aug 18, 2016
Hello my name is Christine, l am glad l found this forum. I am 2weeks in with vaping- I stick Pico with nautilus X, currently at 12 mg of Nicotine. I am having major withdraw, down to one cigarette a day. Sweating is terrible, going to bathroom, and feeling out of it all the time. Is this normal? I am going to try 16mg of Nicotine, find 12mg not satisfying. I was smoking a pack of John players a day

Yes, do try a higher nicotine level. Go up to 18 mg - even 24 if you feel you need it. If you have a second set up, you can keep higher nic in one, and lower in the other. Then when a craving really hits, you can use the higher nic, and switch to lower when you need that.

Keep it up - you're doing great!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
keep at it ... if you have a few smokes, no big deal ... just keep vaping, soon you won't want to smoke.
Agree with WillyZee. :thumb: We have a saying here on ECF: "It's not how many cigarettes you smoke that is important... it's how many you DON'T SMOKE that is."

Everyone's success story is different. Some are able to quit cold turkey using the vape. For others, they both vape and smoke for months at a time before they finally quit. There is no correct way. Whatever works best for you.

For myself, I knew that I would have strong cravings my first week. When I got a craving, I vaped more. If that didn't help, I'd allow myself HALF of a cigarette...up to 4 a day. I'd save that half-smoked cigarette for later. They tasted pretty bad, but that actually helped me to quit.

By the end of the week, I began to prefer the vape over smoking. When my final pack was finished, so was I. I haven't touched, nor wanted, a cigarette since.

I must say that I feel it is extremely important to use a flavor that you enjoy. You won't vape a flavor if you don't like it.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I started at 24mg and still vape at 16-20 depending on the tank and Mod. Not familiar with your tank but your mod certainly has plenty of power to do the job.
LOL! Don't lose any sleep over smoking 1 stick a day. Think of how many you haven't smoked in the past week and be proud of yourself!

Not everyone quits with their first puff of vapor. Took me 2 weeks. Just don't quit vaping. Smoking 1 cig a day is a heck of a lot better than 2 packs a day! Congrats on finding your way to us. We're here to help.

Reactions: Iron Molly

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
all of these symptoms will pass ... when you finally ditch that one smoke a day, approx 2 weeks from then, you will experience your sense of taste and smell come back.

it is quite remarkable.
I fondly recall a moment in time that is still very personal to me. I had not had a cigarette in about a month. I was leaving my apartment to get into my car to go on an errand. The aroma of fresh moist earth and dampened grass was in the air from a recent rain shower. I had not smelled that wonderful aroma in about 30 years, when I first began smoking!! It was a breakthrough moment for me, and I must admit that I actually teared up with joy.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I was smoking a pack a day o players light, sometimes more do l was a heavy smoker. I just received in the mail a higher Nicotine- 16mg, l definitely like it, more satisfying. It's the hardest thing l have done in my life, it's like losing a best friend

I Feel you Christine. Because the first 10 Days were Rough for me Also.

But it WILL Get Better. And it Really Helped me to Raise the Nicotine Level I was using, Drinking a Lot of Water and some Cranberry Juice, and going out and walking a little 2 or 3 Times per Day.

You can Do It. And sometimes you just have to Grit your Teeth and say out loud No!, I'm Not Going to Smoke a Cigarette.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I was smoking a pack a day o players light, sometimes more do l was a heavy smoker. I just received in the mail a higher Nicotine- 16mg, l definitely like it, more satisfying. It's the hardest thing l have done in my life, it's like losing a best friend
It is hard, vaping and other vapers will be your new best friends :) I had a week of horrible withdraws and I had to tell my brain no you won't die if you don't have a smoke, just vape first and wait 25 min :) It was a tough hurdle but I made it and have been smoke free close to 5 yrs now. Hang in there you are doing great :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
You are doing great! Like everyone else has said, upping your nic level does help, especially in the beginning. I think it took me about two weeks to stop smoking analogs. I just finished the pack and didn't have any desire to buy another. It was a long time ago, but I do remember the withdrawals not being fun. It's not just the nic, it's all the other stuff they put in tobacco cigarettes. Just remember it is temporary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread