help me guys for choosing a mod and sub ohm tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aadil Sid

Oct 15, 2017
i am new to this forum and basically let me tell u first i am a beginner and have been using kangertech subox mini c for about two month or so and well m not satisfied with this device. it gets heat-up real quick. the drip tip i cant change it and it hurts really bad after 2-3 long puffs. m a chain vaper so a single 18650 doesnt give me much time to vape that much. i have to keep my power bank with me all the time and this vape keeps my powerbank busy most of the time trust me.
so i am planning to switch to bit advanced mods and i have few mods in mind that includes
smok Alien 220w tc
vaporesso Revenger
joytech cuboid 150w
joytech cuboid 228w

well you guys here know better than me about mods and tanks and i just wanted to know your suggestions despite of mods i mentioned above. i will be really thankful to you guys

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Vaporesso Revenger, or the Smoant offerings.

I have a Revenger and consider it great looking and reliable. The Tank that it comes with is ok, about average for sub ohm tanks.

I can't speak to the Smoant devices but they seem to be loved here.

Reactions: Letitia

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
OK to properly assist you we need to know a few more details.
  1. Do you vape MTL (Mouth To Lung) or DL (Direct to Lungs)?
  2. What wattage are you using on the Subox mini?
  3. What is your primary goal? Flavor or huge clouds?
  4. Do you prefer drop in replacement coil heads or building your own coils?
  5. IF building your own, single, dual, quad? (The less coils, the cheaper, easier, the less power required, etc.)
  6. Do you want to use Temp Control? (kind of requires building your own coils)
  7. What is your price range?
All of these parameters will change what should be suggested.

Aadil Sid

Oct 15, 2017
OK to properly assist you we need to know a few more details.
  1. Do you vape MTL (Mouth To Lung) or DL (Direct to Lungs)?
  2. What wattage are you using on the Subox mini?
  3. What is your primary goal? Flavor or huge clouds?
  4. Do you prefer drop in replacement coil heads or building your own coils?
  5. IF building your own, single, dual, quad? (The less coils, the cheaper, easier, the less power required, etc.)
  6. Do you want to use Temp Control? (kind of requires building your own coils)
  7. What is your price range?
All of these parameters will change what should be suggested.

thanks for your reply... i would answer ur questions respectively
1) i prefer direct to lungs
2) well subox mini maxed out at 50watts only. and i really like to vape it at 50watt but its drip tip gets really hot. (plus) i want a mod that can last whole day with a single charge or run for atleast 4-5 hours...
3) for this question... on the scale of 1-5.. i would give 4 star for flavor and 5 star for clouds, i hope u will get my idea
4) no i prefer sub ohm tank.. i am not into rebuilding as i am beginner and i dont really have idea how to rebuild so i guess i will stick to sub ohm for a while.
5) .....
6) well i dont really have idea how it works (i am not ashamed to be noob) :p
7) umm $70 to $80 for mod and tank...

Aadil Sid

Oct 15, 2017
Vaporesso Revenger, or the Smoant offerings.

I have a Revenger and consider it great looking and reliable. The Tank that it comes with is ok, about average for sub ohm tanks.

I can't speak to the Smoant devices but they seem to be loved here.

yeah i did like revenger and i still do, the build quality looks promising though i dont really have idea about performance. thanks for your kind reply bro i would take your suggestion under consideration

jfcooley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
You'll hear some great suggestions soon enough.

I found the Revenger not only well built but efficient. Vaping in the range you mentioned I have little doubt you'll last all day.

I will also through the Voopoo Drag into the mix. Very well built with a very good chip. It's on the heavy side though, so it can be a bit much in the pocket. I tend to prefer it over the Revenger, although that is preference. Both do VW well. TC is good on both, but it doesn't sound like you're too interested in that now.

I'll let others discuss tanks. I'm into RDAs now and my opinions on tanks is limited.

Good luck.

Aadil Sid

Oct 15, 2017
You'll hear some great suggestions soon enough.

I found the Revenger not only well built but efficient. Vaping in the range you mentioned I have little doubt you'll last all day.

I will also through the Voopoo Drag into the mix. Very well built with a very good chip. It's on the heavy side though, so it can be a bit much in the pocket. I tend to prefer it over the Revenger, although that is preference. Both do VW well. TC is good on both, but it doesn't sound like you're too interested in that now.

I'll let others discuss tanks. I'm into RDAs now and my opinions on tanks is limited.

Good luck.
thanks alot brother... so if i stick AWT 3000mah 40a 18650 batteries in revenger and i chain vape on it.. will it last long enough about 4-5 hours?

jfcooley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
I don't know those batteries.
I use Samsung 25r and it lasted throughout the day. I don't chain vape, but it was hardly left alone.

I don't know enough about other brands of batteries to offer an opinion on that brand. Usually LG, Sony, Panasonic and Samsung are what's recommend.

I'm betting by the time I finish this post someone has posted Moochs battery chart.

I'll post it anyway
mooch2017.jpg

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
thanks for your reply... i would answer ur questions respectively
1) i prefer direct to lungs
2) well subox mini maxed out at 50watts only. and i really like to vape it at 50watt but its drip tip gets really hot. (plus) i want a mod that can last whole day with a single charge or run for atleast 4-5 hours...
3) for this question... on the scale of 1-5.. i would give 4 star for flavor and 5 star for clouds, i hope u will get my idea
4) no i prefer sub ohm tank.. i am not into rebuilding as i am beginner and i dont really have idea how to rebuild so i guess i will stick to sub ohm for a while.
5) .....
6) well i dont really have idea how it works (i am not ashamed to be noob) :p
7) umm $70 to $80 for mod and tank...

OK based on this we are looking for a mod with 100+ watts, 3 or 4 batteries, and a tank with drop in coils that is airy and can blow large clouds in the $70-$80 for a set.

You might consider the SMOK TFV12 Cloud Beast King paired with the Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 300W TC Box Mod (3 battery mod). That should do what you want and you can get both from elementvape.com for about $84.00.

Here are some reviews:

Reactions: stols001

Aadil Sid

Oct 15, 2017
OK based on this we are looking for a mod with 100+ watts, 3 or 4 batteries, and a tank with drop in coils that is airy and can blow large clouds in the $70-$80 for a set.

You might consider the SMOK TFV12 Cloud Beast King paired with the Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 300W TC Box Mod (3 battery mod). That should do what you want and you can get both from elementvape.com for about $84.00.

Here are some reviews:

ooh alright as far as wismec is concerned, what do you say about wismec rx 2/3, rx200, rx300 ? (reason: from where i belong, there is no rx gen 3 available here) :(

Aadil Sid

Oct 15, 2017
Vaporesso has a solid reputation and Cuboid's have a fan base. If this will be your primary mod, go with the one you think is the most comfortable to hold. I would not consider the Smok myself.

yeah i do like vaporesso alot specially Revenger since it feeels awesome in hand, although my main concern is battery. my current subox mini c is single 18650 50 watt device, i vape on it and about one hour i need to charge it again so it gets pretty awful since i need to carry my powerbank with me :/. i am willing to buy a vape that gives me a long time about 5-6 hours with a single charge

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread