High end RTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nclay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2014
California
vaping the Dvarwe(stupid name) that i got in last week, its crazy simple and well made. I think the fact that there is no adjustable airflow makes me like it more, instead of hunting and pecking for the sweet spot i just enjoy what i got haha, airflow is nearly identical to the 1.5mm option on the origenny.

Im still searching for an RDTA thats worthwhile to pull the trigger on, as I'm not going to get my sticky paws on a NarBa anytime soon... anyone have any experience with the O-Genny? I like the IZI and DDP One people recommended but I'm still not satisfied with the vape. IZI is an odd one, super warm, best flavor I've ever got in an atty but the airflow just kinda bugs me, and i feel as though the juice cooks a little on the coil. DDP One is nice but the tank is tiny and filling is a PITA, they should've put the fill hole on top of the chamber reducer instead of the side... juice always shoots out the air relief hole when i fill.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Vaping the Dvarwe(stupid name) that i got in last week, its crazy simple and well made. I think the fact that there is no adjustable airflow makes me like it more, instead of hunting and pecking for the sweet spot i just enjoy what i got haha, airflow is nearly identical to the 1.5mm option on the origenny.

Im still searching for an RDTA thats worthwhile to pull the trigger on, as I'm not going to get my sticky paws on a NarBa anytime soon... anyone have any experience with the O-Genny? I like the IZI and DDP One people recommended but I'm still not satisfied with the vape. IZI is an odd one, super warm, best flavor I've ever got in an atty but the airflow just kinda bugs me, and i feel as though the juice cooks a little on the coil. DDP One is nice but the tank is tiny and filling is a PITA, they should've put the fill hole on top of the chamber reducer instead of the side... juice always shoots out the air relief hole when i fill.

You might look into the Nectar Tank. Its real nice, not too hot, not too cool, so easy to build and taste is great.

That Dvarwe looks really nice. WHy didnt I find that when I was looking for a 23mm atty. :(

Last edited:

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
The DDP one is a really nice flavour atty in single coil with the restrictor. I set my temperature lower even than the Nectar. Unfortunately I haven't managed to get the vertical wicking to work as well as the Nectar. Physically, it's expected that it shouldn't wick as well as a horizontal coil, however maybe I'm packing too much cotton in there. I need to experiment with it.

Reactions: anavidfan

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
The DDP one is a really nice flavour atty in single coil with the restrictor. I set my temperature lower even than the Nectar. Unfortunately I haven't managed to get the vertical wicking to work as well as the Nectar. Physically, it's expected that it shouldn't wick as well as a horizontal coil, however maybe I'm packing too much cotton in there. I need to experiment with it.
Thats interesting. The Nectar and the Liberty are the two of this style that I had no problems with vertical cotton wicks. Strange!

There is the Vector also now!!

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Vaping the Dvarwe(stupid name) that i got in last week, its crazy simple and well made. I think the fact that there is no adjustable airflow makes me like it more, instead of hunting and pecking for the sweet spot i just enjoy what i got haha, airflow is nearly identical to the 1.5mm option on the origenny.

Check out the Liberty by Titanium Mods Ukraine! Aleksandr is an interesting character and can be a bit, er, difficult, but he certainly knows how to design an atomiser! There is a V3 version now which looks really good. I sold mine and regret it!

atomizer liberty

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Woah, recalculated my "analogs avoided" to account for the hike in price for a pack of sticks in california... i would've spent $11.7K in the last three years on smokes. I really should increase my vape budget :) Sorry... off topic.
Soul mates! My brand is now £10 per pack in UK. I did the same calculation and in celebration just ordered the Dvarw....

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
Looking around on the net and saw the Gem 2 by Mark Bugs. Looks interesting, just wondering if anyone has any experience with it and what are your thoughts?

I have the V1 and like it lot. I wouldn't say it's my favorite but I do keep it in my regular rotation. It has a very unique flavor. Hard to explain but the flavor is just a little different with my ADV Bs other RTA. Goes perfect on the WAE II in 18500 mode.

The deck and coil area are tiny though. Don't expect to use anything thicker than 28g or more than 6-7 wraps. Nothing bigger than 2.5mm coil ID either. I get good results with 6 wraps of 29g, 2-2.25mm coil ID.

The V2 has larger juice holes and I think a little more clearance for thicker wire but not much.

cveez11

Verified Member
Jul 22, 2015
I have the V1 and like it lot. I wouldn't say it's my favorite but I do keep it in my regular rotation. It has a very unique flavor. Hard to explain but the flavor is just a little different with my ADV Bs other RTA. Goes perfect on the WAE II in 18500 mode.

The deck and coil area are tiny though. Don't expect to use anything thicker than 28g or more than 6-7 wraps. Nothing bigger than 2.5mm coil ID either. I get good results with 6 wraps of 29g, 2-2.25mm coil ID.

The V2 has larger juice holes and I think a little more clearance for thicker wire but not much.
Thanks for the info. I saw the bigger airflow slots on the v2, wondering about restricted lung hits. Appreciate the info.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Is the v2 gem new or is it the one that's been out a while?

I always wanted to try a gem, I like that you can put a roll of mesh in.
There have been three. The original in SS, then the Ti version and then the SS V2. All released a good while ago. Nothing new since afaik.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
Right, the V2 also has a bigger air slot, I forgot about that. I don't think the air hole under the coil is any bigger though between the two versions.

The V2 was released not too long after the V1, both have been out a while now.

I haven't tried the V2 so can't comment on the difference in vape but I like my V1 for MTL and could do restricted lung too if I wanted.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I can't remember... How do you fill it?

In other news I'm actually giving the rose another shot, I cannibalized a clone for fresh o rings... Some of my authentic ones were pretty chewed up by now, we'll see if it's still leaking at the end of the day.

60b013a9220e645e89cf19d0fe881f34.jpg

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I can't remember... How do you fill it?

In other news I'm actually giving the rose another shot, I cannibalized a clone for fresh o rings... Some of my authentic ones were pretty chewed up by now, we'll see if it's still leaking at the end of the day.

60b013a9220e645e89cf19d0fe881f34.jpg
GEM is top fill but no JF control! It works ok but you really have to make sure the AFC is closed, be quick and hope for the best!

Reactions: Baseman

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
I like the unique airflow ring on V1 of GEM. It looks like just a single hole but on the inside of the ring there is a groove which works wonderful. Slight adjustment actually does make a noticeable difference. V2 airflow ring is pretty much the same as every other RTA on the market. I was disappointed Mark went away from his early design that I thought worked so well

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I like the unique airflow ring on V1 of GEM. It looks like just a single hole but on the inside of the ring there is a groove which works wonderful. Slight adjustment actually does make a noticeable difference. V2 airflow ring is pretty much the same as every other RTA on the market. I was disappointed Mark went away from his early design that I thought worked so well
It was cheaper to build with that AF design. It was hidden in a way. I dont think anyone would have expected it. It sold for cheaper than the V1 but there was the other trick that postage was included originally but was extra for the V2. All a bit disappointing from the customer's perspective..Sold my V1 as it was completely hopeless for TC...A beautiful atty but flawed in some important ways, at least for me!

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
It was cheaper to build with that AF design. It was hidden in a way. I dont think anyone would have expected it. It sold for cheaper than the V1 but there was the other trick that postage was included originally but was extra for the V2. All a bit disappointing from the customer's perspective..Sold my V1 as it was completely hopeless for TC...A beautiful atty but flawed in some important ways, at least for me!

I didn't know of the TC issues or just forgot about them since I don't use TC anyway. I'm not into to huge air or large fancy coils so it works for me and looks beautiful but i guess it is quite limiting.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Oh, I don't do wattage anymore so that's a no go for me unfortunately [emoji17]
some people made it work and it may be that the V2 is better. The V1 sort of worked but I always had a lot of Ω variation, presumably due to the rather flimsy 510 pin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread