Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Also, I usually vape 70PG/30VG juice. The juice I have in the Merkava is the opposite at 30PG/70VG so that is likely a contributing factor to not getting the vape/wicking I'm use to.
I have 70VG in there and it is wicking fine. On the second build i thinned out the tails a little so as not to overfill the wick trench thingies and that really improved flavour. I have the smallest af hole in there and my coil is a little big so next time i am going to pull off a couple of wraps. Its good atm but a little harsh as the air isnt getting at all of the coil I think. I have a horrible feeling I might have cross-threaded the tank and that is why it is a little off kilter. I might try the spare next time also. I really hate doing that :(

Reactions: ToolmanTexas

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
Turns out I had some juice under the deck and it was messing with the airflow. Not sure how since I didn't notice any gurgling but after blowing it out through the AFC holes it seems to be vaping much better now.

About the tank, I didn't cross thread mine but every time I remove the plastic tank the oring between the deck and tank unscrews too. The groove on the deck under the deck threads is not deep enough to hold the oring in place so when unscrew the tank it smashes between the deck threads and tank threads and comes out too. That oring is already getting chewed up. Not sure if this is an issue with mine or all of them.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Turns out I had some juice under the deck and it was messing with the airflow. Not sure how since I didn't notice any gurgling but after blowing it out through the AFC holes it seems to be vaping much better now.

About the tank, I didn't cross thread mine but every time I remove the plastic tank the oring between the deck and tank unscrews too. The groove on the deck under the deck threads is not deep enough to hold the oring in place so when unscrew the tank it smashes between the deck threads and tank threads and comes out too. That oring is already getting chewed up. Not sure if this is an issue with mine or all of them.
I think between us we are getting through the bugs! Lol

As for that o-ring, the previous versions didnt have it at all as far as I remember. As long as the chim is screwed down enough to cover the juice holes, it probably isnt needed for refilling.

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Not the oring under the chimney for refill, it's the oring between the deck and the bottom of the plastic tank. It comes off with the tank whenever I remove the tank to access the deck. I'll take a pic when I get chance.
Its ok, I know which one you mean. I meant it seals the bottom of the chimney against the base when you screw it down to close off JF.

crazydmnd

Jul 7, 2014
United States
I have no issue with my JFC on the Merkava. I actually prefer the friction style because I can use any drip I want instead of being stuck with a proprietary drip tip with tabs. That being said I'm not getting as good a vape as i hoped from it. I still need to test more with different builds but I was hoping it would blow me away right out of the gate. This is my first Merkava and I've nothing but good things about all the versions so it's probably just me.
I was a fan of the merkavas jfc until lately, no clue what happened but it leaks even when opened slightly. Also there's a small gap now under the afc ring, but all parts are screwed snug...

Anyway, the skyline jfc definitely is the best one I've come across thus far...

And us if really love a ravens moon, especially at only $300! But if y'all say it's not great on single coil than that certainly deflates that balloon... unless they come out with a single coil deck or one of those blockers like armor...
7dd2b8bd993e3b084ec54d5edf002d28.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: benley73

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I was a fan of the merkavas jfc until lately, no clue what happened but it leaks even when opened slightly. Also there's a small gap now under the afc ring, but all parts are screwed snug...

Anyway, the skyline jfc definitely is the best one I've come across thus far...

And us if really love a ravens moon, especially at only $300! But if y'all say it's not great on single coil than that certainly deflates that balloon... unless they come out with a single coil deck or one of those blockers like armor...
7dd2b8bd993e3b084ec54d5edf002d28.jpg

Apart from it sticking a bit, the JF on my merk is ok, at least no leaking at all. I also dont have that issue with the gap but it also looks from the pic that the tank isn't fully screwed on!

Agree that the skyline JF is very good. Flawless in fact.

As for the RM, as @godfatherI pointed out, it can be happily used in SC mode and performs beautifully. My point was that it really is at it's very best with dual's in there!!

Reactions: godfatherI

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
My Merkava definitely does not have the gap around the AFC ring and aside from the small amount of juice I had trapped under the deck it doesn't leak and juice hasn't traveled down there since I blew it out. I must have just over did it juicing the coil on fresh build or something but since then it has been fine.

Still playing around with builds and wicking but no other issues yet.

crazydmnd

Jul 7, 2014
United States
Well, I must be doing something wrong so I'm going to break it down fully, give it a wash, inspect orings and reassemble... Man, sure was nice in the days before my little one arrived and dropping $300 on a mod (rta in this case) was no biggie! Guilt factor way too bad now... ;)

Nordea

May 27, 2017
Probably not my favorite deck to build on but does it produce flavor. Calix V3 just bumped my skyline. Still need to fiddle with some different builds on the skyline before it will go back in that beautiful box. But for now I'm Loving the Calix

d05ad03a0e169b046ae988c643a9cea8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am new user with calix v3, What is your favorite build for calix ?

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Man, the Merkava has definitely gone off the list for now based on the input. Too bad as I had hopes for that one.

On another note, the Dvarw and DIY AFC (I like a tight draw :)) This thing is killing it and so simple! Gonna get a SS tank cause I'd rather not use PC tank with the BPA question, so that is on the list:
IMG_20170628_143539.jpg

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Picked up the SS tank and spares from KHW for the Dvarw today and in email communication with Peter from there I was informed they had plans for a .9 mm insert and an ultem tank after I shared my minor suggestions about the MTL draw and concerns on PC tank.

Super responsive and quick communication from that team. I see another Dvarw in my future with those accessories!

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Picked up the SS tank and spares from KHW for the Dvarw today and in email communication with Peter from there I was informed they had plans for a .9 mm insert and an ultem tank after I shared my minor suggestions about the MTL draw and concerns on PC tank.

Super responsive and quick communication from that team. I see another Dvarw in my future with those accessories!

oooooh...ultem.....gooooood.....want...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread