Hohmtech Slice

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Got my order from Vapor-Room this morning. First off, I ordered the Red G2, and not the Red/Silver G2, so I got the SE and not the LE version. My Bad !! I checked the Firmware version and it was 2.4.4, so I updated that straight away to 2.5.7. Everything seems good to go except that the o-ring around the 510 pin was half out of the 510 and wouldn't let the 510 on my Siren make contact. I futzed around with it for a while and couldn't get it to stay down around the 510 pin of the G2, so I just took it out, now the G2 makes contact with my Siren. The o-ring of this SE is clear, and the o-ring of my Blue G2 is black. I'll work on that later I guess.

Reactions: Anthony_Vapes

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
P1010242 (Custom)ecf.JPG P1010244 (Custom)ecf.JPG

Thought I'd take a pic for ya'll. It's a good look'in setup I think, and the FSK chip is the most important thing about it. It really is the Red one, but looks more of a Burnt Orange to me. I just replaced that o-ring from around the 510 pin on the G2 with a 4x1mm o-ring I had, and it works better now. I think that the other o-ring was a size too big and kept getting between the 510's of the Siren rta and the G2, but all fixed now and working Beautifully. I'm using the same Siren 22mm with a NiCr build in it that I had on my Blue G2 LE and set it to the same parameters and it is working the same on this new Red G2 SE. I sure love this thing. Thanks again mjag for that link. :thumbs:

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Even the SE is built so Damm sturdy that I'd take it over any other mod, yes, even those dna's. It seems like the stuff that I really like (Digiflavor Siren RTA and now the HΩ tech mods) are going the way of the "Dodo Bird", Frustrating !!

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Yeah, it is a burnt orange, in some lights it looks red though, those are the only lights I use with it...haha

Congrats on the new edition!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Sometimes in the right light orange and red look the same

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bussdriver

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Maybe, maybe not?????

The FSK chip has a good enough track record that it's hard to believe they have a bunch of refurbs (used) units laying around.

My bet would be it's just one of the older units (just 6 months between firmware date codes). V....cube sold a whole bunch of these mods at an excellent price for quite a while. Probably left any vendor with units they invested in, and they had to wait until things changed.

As far as the Hohmtech Slice (and even the G2); best damn value in mods I ever spent my money on.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
As far as the Hohmtech Slice (and even the G2); best damn value in mods I ever spent my money on.

Got that right, for sure. I use my HΩ tech mods mostly at home, and use my Presa's as my out and about mod's. My HΩ tech mod's are THE best mod's that I own. I gotta get more though.:thumb:

Reactions: mjag

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I was wonder'in. With the firmware in my "Red" G2 I just received that was 2.4.4 could it be that it was a "Referb" unit ?
I am guessing the G2's from the maine vapor room are just new old stock. For the price of $60 shipped they have probably had them for a long time and are just blowing them out.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I hope that they will still have the Red LE G2 in June when I can get another, then I will have to find a Blue SE to go along with my Blue LE G2, then maybe I'll work on the Orange ones. I have a Plan, I think.

As for the Slice, I have (2) Silver SE's and (1) Black SE (which the paint has fallen off of), I think if I get any more Slice's they will be the Silver ones in LE fashion, just don't like the paint jobs on the Slice other than the Silver.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I'm really liking this "Red" (Burnt Orange Heavy Metallic Color) G2 SE, the color is growing on me, FAST. I just hope that it lasts longer than the "Black" did on my Slice SE. That Slice has lost (just fallen Off) over 50% of it's "Black" paint, and I think I will do the same as mjag did with his "Black" Slice (mine is now tore apart sitting on my bench).

Edit: Back on page #16 I posted that I had a "Blue" G2 SE, that was wrong (don't know what I was thinking), It is a "LE", not an "SE". Just wanted to set the record straight.

Last edited:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I'm really liking this "Red" (Burnt Orange Heavy Metallic Color) G2 SE, the color is growing on me, FAST. I just hope that it lasts longer than the "Black" did on my Slice SE. That Slice has lost (just fallen Off) over 50% of it's "Black" paint, and I think I will do the same as mjag did with his "Black" Slice (mine is now tore apart sitting on my bench).

Edit: Back on page #16 I posted that I had a "Blue" G2 SE, that was wrong (don't know what I was thinking), It is a "LE", not an "SE". Just wanted to set the record straight.
The slice is painted. The g2 is anodized so it won't peel

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I haven't had any paint fade issues on any of my G2's. I have heard a couple complain about the Orange G2 getting some fade on the finish were there hands touch it but that is about it.

My red G2 looks the same as the day I bought it with the exception of the 2 dents on the bottom from when I dropped it a couple of times. It really isn't noticeable that I dropped it twice though unless you really look closely at the bottom.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
What's the consensus on the LE paint? Same issues?

Good luck. :)
I think it is hit or miss in regards to the paint. The only Slice I have that the paint seems to flake off just by looking at it is my Blue LE. The only SE I have is the black but that was holding up pretty good. My red and silver still look like new.

I think the silver slice is the best bet for paint longevity, even if it does chip it is hard to tell.

One thing that should be mentioned is when I took apart my Slice to give it that brushed finish I noticed that the 510 is screwed in tight. There is no possibility of it coming off like the wismec predator or even the new iJoy Captain which is press fit. While the paint might suck on the Slice it is well built besides that and a screaming deal with all the $30 sales. I expect my Slices to be working well past my wismec predator that cost me $45.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread