Status
Not open for further replies.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Not surprisingly it seems I have the most shops near me. NY has by far the highest smoke taxes in the US, name brands at 10-14 a pack, so it stands to reason we have alot of vape shops.

I live in a little podunk town and we have one. Its about a 3 minute walk. Its in a real crappy part of town so I try to avoid it but I like the guy who runs it. Product is outdated and over priced but its close. In fact in a minute I'm gonna walk over and bring him coffee.

Counting the larger towns 20 miles both East and West that we have to go into for shopping I'd guess 50?? They pop up like crazy lately so it could be a hundred for all I know. Most of them don't sell the latest and all have a 700-900% markup. Juice is the money maker for the and I make my own. But I generally stop in. Most are run by people who possibly have done more then vape.

issy

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2014
Between Timid and Timbuktu
At my fingertips, online. Delivered directly to my door. Cuts out the middleman and the resources used to heat and cool another building that I ultimately pay for in markups. Better for the environment, better for me :). Happy to shop locally to support farms and industries in my area, but for stuff that all comes from china anyway? No point for a stop on a shelf down the street.

Is It Greener To Order Online OR Drive To The Store?

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
At my fingertips, online. Delivered directly to my door. Cuts out the middleman and the resources used to heat and cool another building that I ultimately pay for in markups. Better for the environment, better for me :). Happy to shop locally to support farms and industries in my area, but for stuff that all comes from china anyway? No point for a stop on a shelf down the street.

Well put Issy!

Reactions: issy

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Nearest vape shop to my house according to Google Maps is 3.3 miles. There are two vape shops at that same intersection. There is a third vape shop that is 4.6 miles away from my house.

Going beyond that there are at least 20 vape shops within a half hour drive from my house. Probably more like 30, there is a large area to the south east that I haven't driven through in the past several years. I drive past 8 shops every day on my 20 mile drive to work.

Last edited:

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
Within fifteen miles there are two different stores, both of which also run kiosks in the local mall. Overpriced cloud chasers, but I liked being able to bring in my malfunctioning mods and getting a replacement or exchange on the spot. Another one apparently just opened about half as far away, maybe six miles, but I haven't had a chance to stop in yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread