Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
I don't know of any vape shops specifically, but manufacturers are closing up. Recently, I've gotten some nice deals from 528 Custom Vapes--the makers of the Goon rda--who are just about out of inventory. Ditto for dotmod, who seem to have sold their inventory to a liquidator. I bought a Petri Lite V2, and a different company (who I know to be liquidators) fulfilled my order. TVL has already sold out their inventory.

Purge is dumping mods at wholesale (or close to it), as well as laying people off. They seem determined to stay in business. They and Kennedy can probably sustain themselves on overseas sales.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Which US online vape shops are going out of business?

This past Black Friday and Cyber Monday I visited probably most USA vape shops lol and never did I find one that was "going out of business".

I'm sure there are many sites I don't know about, though.
I haven't heard of online shops going out of business but some are not shipping to certain states, so they're "out of business" for us. Us meaning states with bans like MA. B&M Shops in MA like MadVapes has just closed along with others. I just visited a smoke/vape shop near me and all the vape products were pulled off the shelves. It was half empty and the manager looked depressed. They're still in business but he doesn't know for how long. One person came in during my 20 minute stay and bought cigarettes.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I haven't heard of online shops going out of business but some are not shipping to certain states, so they're "out of business" for us. Us meaning states with bans like MA. B&M Shops in MA like MadVapes has just closed along with others. I just visited a smoke/vape shop near me and all the vape products were pulled off the shelves. It was half empty and the manager looked depressed. They're still in business but he doesn't know for how long. One person came in during my 20 minute stay and bought cigarettes.
Sorry to hear. That's not good.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I had no idea Madvapes had so many B&M stores
"Had" is the operative word here. Let's hope there's no more closings. I'm very upset about this whole vape ban thing. Our governor and his minions have ruined peoples' lives here in MA.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    "Had" is the operative word here. Let's hope there's no more closings. I'm very upset about this whole vape ban thing. Our governor and his minions have ruined peoples' lives here in MA.

That's terrible. So what do you do now? I mean to get your hardware and juice? I mean I read so many times here how so many online retailers are not shipping to MA.

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    Well our local vape shop is gone now. I kinda saw it coming last month when I went in and they mentioned in the wake of Trumps Sept 11 announcement and the vape illness press their business had dropped 70%. Very sad. Closest vape shop is now 65 miles away if it is still open.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY

Online stores are starting to fall. Florida Vapes is closing and is having a clearance out sale. I expect there will be many more. At this point unless you have a large turnover, who's going to invest in new inventory when come May you might not even be able to legally sell it anywhere in the US?

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Online stores are starting to fall. Florida Vapes is closing and is having a clearance out sale. I expect there will be many more. At this point unless you have a large turnover, who's going to invest in new inventory when come May you might not even be able to legally sell it anywhere in the US?

Good luck. :(

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    People have been saying to DIY for a long time. The threat of the FDA and now just government in general passing restrictions really just reinforces the DIY benefit.

It isn't that expensive to get started. Just hook up with a DIYer and do what they do.

Electrodave

LPV
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2015
    Denver, CO
    www.electrostring.com
    Sucks expected but SUCKS.

I don't like the idea of being vulture like and buying out inventory. Sigh.

Anna
    But this is the time they need cash flow the most. Inventory is worthless just sitting there. Better to get something rather than nothing.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    True. Send me links. LOL I just transfered the husbeand most of my money so I would not buy well, not worthless but unnecesary things. I think the best thing I got SO FAR was that killer mech setup that I am currently TOO brainfried to deal with but you had better bet your bottom dollar IT WILL be.

Man a really nice mech is like nothing else. I really must say. I am sure I will love the vape, but I also hope it's super labor intensive, keeping me at one (I do have some in the vape closet but they are under break in emergency glass.)

I can't wait to fool with this one. My partner in mech crime @NolaMel also got one and she says it's great. But she also seems to have the capacity to do three trillion thinks at once.

I will get to it though. Ooh, it is lovely
    Anna

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    True. Send me links. LOL I just transfered the husbeand most of my money so I would not buy well, not worthless but unnecesary things. I think the best thing I got SO FAR was that killer mech setup that I am currently TOO brainfried to deal with but you had better bet your bottom dollar IT WILL be.

Man a really nice mech is like nothing else. I really must say. I am sure I will love the vape, but I also hope it's super labor intensive, keeping me at one (I do have some in the vape closet but they are under break in emergency glass.)

I can't wait to fool with this one. My partner in mech crime @NolaMel also got one and she says it's great. But she also seems to have the capacity to do three trillion thinks at once.

I will get to it though. Ooh, it is lovely
    Anna
    You’ll love it when you get around to it ;). It’s not that daunting once you get it adjusted and put together. And, I appreciate that you see me as super “on it” lol.. if only that were true!!!

The closing shops NEED to sell that inventory to recoup what ever $$$ they can. Stuff doesn’t come on consignment unfortunately. I have no problem buying it at whatever price they set. I get a bargain, and they can pay some bills, or employees. Sucks to see them falling one by one. It’s the reality of the situation slapping us in the face :cry:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA

I'm sure it's about cigarette tax revenue vs vaping that lures smokers into quitting smoking and starting to vape. We all know that vaping will take away the need to smoke. Obviously, state government has acknowledged that the switch to vaping will cause tobacco taxes to drop continuously.

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    That's terrible. So what do you do now? I mean to get your hardware and juice? I mean I read so many times here how so many online retailers are not shipping to MA.
    Hardware from china/EU. Juice from yourself. Better learn some DIY or cozy up to a DIY friend;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread