Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I read that some of the vaping stores have lost nearly 60% of their sales. So it means that that anti-vaping propaganda does work and people do not do any proper research before making their decisions.
Most people believe any crud the media serves up. Sheep

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My vape cabinet is full of spare mods new and old, same with atomizers, juice flavors, PG, VG, Nic, recoiling supplies, and various other vape items I probably wouldn't have ordered normally. You can never have enough of everything these days. I find myself wondering how many mods and various other items I need to last me until I croak.

I also wonder how many new and innovative products we would have seen in the next few years if people hadn't vaped the wrong stuff in their atomizers. It's pretty crazy out there.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
My vape cabinet is full of spare mods new and old, same with atomizers, juice flavors, PG, VG, Nic, recoiling supplies, and various other vape items I probably wouldn't have ordered normally. You can never have enough of everything these days. I find myself wondering how many mods and various other items I need to last me until I croak.

I also wonder how many new and innovative products we would have seen in the next few years if people hadn't vaped the wrong stuff in their atomizers. It's pretty crazy out there.
People vaping the wrong stuff has nothing to do with it. PMTA

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
People vaping the wrong stuff has nothing to do with it. PMTA

I have to believe that the publicity caused by CBD oil vaping accelerated the government's negative handling of vaping product sales. I'm not sure what the government would have done with vaping in a less volatile environment. Vaping had a clear health history when it was done as it was designed to be.

Last edited:

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
I have to believe that the publicity caused by CBD vaping accelerated the government's negative handling of vaping product sales. I'm not sure what the government would have done with vaping in a less volatile environment.
I think you mean THC vaping. right?

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
I'm of the opinion that CBD oil was the problem. It was the carrier for THC.
Most I have read about the illnesses and deaths in the news have said it was THC with Vitamin E acetate. I have seen dozens of articles about that, but nothing about CBD being an issue.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Most I have read about the illnesses and deaths in the news have said it was THC with Vitamin E acetate. I have seen dozens of articles about that, but nothing about CBD being an issue.

I may be way off, but I remember reading that vape oil sellers added Vitamin E acetate to their hemp compound to stretch the mix for more profit and that's where the lung problems began.

CDC says no single brand is likely responsible for the outbreak of vaping lung disease

10 Things You Need to Know Before Vaping CBD Oil - Vaping360

There’s an important distinction to make between CBD oil tinctures and CBD oil made for inhalation. CBD oral tinctures are oil-based whereas CBD vape oil is not. Now let’s take a look at the types of CBD oil that are suitable for vaping.

• CBD vape juice – CBD made for vaping is sometimes referred to as “CBD vape oil”, but it doesn’t contain any actual oil. A more appropriate name for it is CBD vape juice or CBD distillate. They’re generally made with food grade ingredients, so they can also be taken orally, but are very different from oil-based tinctures. Look carefully at the ingredients. If it contains anything other than PG, VG, CBD extract, terpenes and cannabinoids, then it’s most likely unsuitable for inhalation. Don’t take the risk. It should say something about vaping, vape juice, e-liquid or e-juice on the label and should not contain any actual oil.
  • CBD cartridges – Similar to THC oil cartridges, these are slim disposable e-cig tanks filled with CBD e-juice. (Some contain pure CBD distillate, made using a CO2 or a solvent-based extraction method.) They connect to a standard 510 battery and provide an easy entry into vaping CBD. There are also cartridges, known as pods, that are compatible with popular devices like the JUUL.

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I may be way off, but I remember reading that vape oil sellers added Vitamin E acetate to their hemp compound to stretch the mix for more profit and that's where the lung problems began.

CDC says no single brand is likely responsible for the outbreak of vaping lung disease

10 Things You Need to Know Before Vaping CBD Oil - Vaping360

As far as I know everything you said and quoted about CBD is true, but it has nothing to do with the use of Acetate in THC vape juice which is what they now believe caused the lung disease. I haven't seen any mention of CBD being implicated in that.

Mark1963

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
Minnesota
Are you a bot or something? lol That statement does not seem to fit in with this 2 week old conversation.

He's probably replying to my post about VistaVapors closing here in MN. In fact, today was the last day to order from VV.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
In my area local shops all jumped on the cbd wagon and placed their full faith in the next big thing. Most tobacco users turned vapers all turned away. To us it was like your favorite record store turning into a blockbuster video store. Sure, in the back corner was traditional vape gear in small supply as the proprietors touted the latest, greatest products designed to cure all that ails you.
The clientel changed too. What had always been family friendly environments had become somewhat scarey as you entered and exited with your head on a swivel thanks to all the gangster wannabe types hanging around.
I can't speak for other areas but can say the ones near me are paying a huge price for their decision to ignore their traditional customer base.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    I'm of the opinion that CBD oil was the problem

Honest CBD vape companies are selling save products. They were tested before and after the recent scandal and they are 100% OK and contain no VitE oils.
    Problem was within the black market where some m@rons decided to get extra $ by adding cheap VitE acetate to their CBD vape cartridges. We know what happened next.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    Honest CBD vape companies are selling save products. They were tested before and after the recent scandal and they are 100% OK and contain no VitE oils.
    Problem was within the black market where some m@rons decided to get extra $ by adding cheap VitE acetate to their CBD vape cartridges. We know what happened next.
    I have not seen any news reports about deaths or sickness from CBD cartridges, just THC.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread