how to best maintain a clearomizer for longevity

Status
Not open for further replies.

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
Hello everyone. I did a quick 'clearomizer' keyword search in the forum to best address this issue, but didn't exactly find anything helpful.
For those using clearomizers, how do you recommend a new user maintain these pieces? The clearomizers I received seem to be different from those usually displayed on youtube reviews. The differences in mine is that the second plastic piece does not remove (to which wicks/wires are attached), and there are two crescent holes on either side of the second plastic piece, which are much larger than the two holes needing a syringe that I've seen people use so far. I imagine a quick water rinse would probably be sufficient, but i'm not sure where the water could drain overnight without getting trapped and potentially creating a good environment for mold to form.
I had started out with atomizers on an ego tank system, but they died and were an overall short term and negative experience for me.
Thanks in advance. :)

I've started using Clearomizers as well very recently and after having a not so great experience with some a month or more ago from another reputable vendor, tried one from LiteCigUSA.net that is a Mega sized Ego clearomizer with a blue LED light (you can choose from several colors or get the ones without the light which are a couple of bucks cheaper). I had only bought one to try them out since they are so pricey and have to be purchased individually and WOW!! I loved it! However, after about a week of use I started getting a slightly burnt atty taste.

Several days into using it I did drain out the remaining e-liquid in it and refill it with all fresh liquid (as opposed to continuing to just top it off) which helped tremendously, however as I said it started tasting burnt even when full and even when waiting at least 5 seconds between inhales. I still have it but just received another order of them as I ordered 7 more as soon as I started using the first one and loved it so much. I got them yesterday and opened one only to find it looked slightly different!

The casing is actually opaque rather than totally clear (less brittle type plastic) and the interior wires are placed a bit differently on each one. Other than that they are identical with the same mouthpiece tip and white non-removable insert which has two fairly large openings in it which allows me to fill it without the use of any special equipment such as syringes, blunt tip syringe type filling tools, etc.

At first I was a bit upset thinking the manufacturer (not the vendor) of these clearomizers had gone with cheaper materials in order to increase profits and that it would be a sub-standard replica of the first one I had ordered and received. However I was pleasantly surprised at the increased amount of vapor production (although this one seems to burn through the e-juice a lot faster as a result!) as well as a better overall taste right from the start than the previous model.

I had previously tried methods described to clean and re-use clearomizers I found on this forum (somewhere, lol) when I tried the standard sized pack of 5 clearomizers that I had tried a month or so ago but that ended up being a complete and utter failure as every one of them ended up with small cracks where I had to pull the plastic holding tube off of the threaded metal piece in order to clean them according to the instructional video.

I did manage to re-use them for a short while by flipping the plastic casing over so that the end that now had a dozen or so hair line cracks in it was where I placed a drip tip instead and then used carefully cut electrical tape in order to create a seal around the cracks. However I found that not only was performance severely compromised, but that overall taste was not good so I simply tossed them and discovered Joye brand carto's (which work far better than any other regular carto I have tried thus far and is the only regular carto that will work at all on my fairly brand new Joye Ego 650 mah batteries for some odd reason)

I currently have 2 sets of Riva batteries (just received the chrome set yesterday as well) at 750Mah, at least I know the chrome set is 750mah, the white set was the first large batteries I ever used and I received those in a generous PIF package many months ago. I also have a pink set of Joye 900 Mah batteries as well which I purchased shortly after buying the Joye 650mah batteries. I have noticed that with my 4 sets (2 batteries per set) of Joye Ego and Riva (Ego) batteries that some carto's work great on one model but won't work at all on another. Or some batteries make specific juices taste far too strong while other juices have almost no taste or vapor production on one specific set of batteries but have loads of taste\vapor production on others.

You would think the larger the battery the stronger the taste and the larger the vapor but I have found that to not be true 100% of the time as of yet! Lots of experimentation has went on for me to figure out which equipment works with what. LOL Sorry so long, I guess I got way off track here!! Will be checking this thread again to see if anyone has any good ideas on how to keep these (expensive but worth it) Ego mega clearomizers going strong for a while. BTW I have the single coil models and they are NOT Low Resistance in case that makes a difference. :)

~Darlene~

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
I have a similar question, but I have the eGo f-1 clearomizers & they are sealed by a silicone seal at the top just above the ceramic & coil. I can't figure out how to remove them w/o ripping them up. So... can I clean them?

Yes, I have new spares but I hate to throw away something that can be cleaned.

Thanks!
Count

bbb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Florida
I use the Visions clearomizer 1.8 ml ... I remove the crescent shaped plug, rinse the clearo under v hot tap water for a few mins from both ends, use tweezers or pliers to hold, I rinse until the wicks are clean, rinse the plug and tip, use some canned air, dry overnight ... I do dry burn them quickly a few times at about 4.5v, be careful not to over-burn, plastic you know ... maybe use another shot of canned air before I fill them ... I rotate them with juice to make sure the wicks are completely soaked ... I've cleaned some 3 times now and they keep on working

I have had ocassional leaking problems with these when new, but the more they are used and cleaned, the less they leak, at least in my experience ymmv ... I don't change flavors often and I've used one for 2 weeks straight with no leaks ... the important thing is do not over-fill, 3/4 is about the limit ... don't get juice in the center tube, that's for air only ... I drip from the bottle, directly into one of the crescent shaped openings, if I get air bubbles, a sraightened paper clip bursts 'em

some vendors say they have improved ones that don't leak, or as often ... if that hype is to be believed ... I have some of the early ones and after cleaning they work fine ... imo, they are about as good as any other similar carto, cheap and expendable, as are all cartos :2c:

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
I use clearos all the time and actually havent had one die yet. I use all high VG juice so they get gunked up pretty quick. When I first get CE2s (i use ecigexpress or totally wicked), i pull out the mouthpiece and both the inner plugs because to me they are just in my way lol. Then i fluff up the wicks on either side and slide the juice down the side from the bottle. When they get kinda gunky, i rinse them in hot water and then soak them like all day in 100 proof vodka. Then i pull em out and let them dry completely.

I have visions too that have that crescent shaped plug with the little nipple in the middle that the mouthpiece goes on. That piece will come out too. Then i clean them the same way, rinse and then soak in vodka.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I believe you cannot blow the old juice out with a rinse like with a cartomizer, i did that to 3 of my clearos and it led to them all leaking very badly, and had to throw them out. Is the key with clearos just to rinse and let them dry? Instead of blowing the juice out?

Please detail exactly how to clean them! :D

Blowing them out shouldn't cause them to leak. The only way they can leak is if liquid gets in the center tube unless it's leaking around the the outter tube fitting and that has not been a problem with mine since they went with the thicker tube.

People will have their own method for cleaning. I remove the tube and rinse under warm or hot water. Then I lay the carto down flat on a towel or napkin and fold the towel over the carto and lightly press, being careful not to disturb the wicks to much, this draws most of the water out of the wick. Then I do a dry burn which removes any remaining water. Put the tube back on, fill with liquid and it's ready to go.

barqs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have the stardust, the vision stone II and the extreme vision and the best way I have found is to remove top cap remove top notched flange (tweezers help with this) fill with warm distilled water hold your thumb over top shake it for a few minutes drain and repeat one two more times. I then place upside down on some paper towel as to allow the moisture to drip out and leave for a few days. Dry burn if you want as well if you are concerned about mold growth.

Last edited:

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
holy man! it has been a while since i have made this thread. i was using the 3.5ml vision clearomizers and i've totally given up on them, they're not for me.
they were alright, but i just dismantled them and rinsed them with water, then dried overnight when i was still using them.
part of my daily or every two day routine was to dismantle the mouthpiece and the notched plug and giving them a quick rinse.
i had my first set of 5 last me 2 months of a decent enough vape output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread