Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
i have three atomizers which i rotate daily and soak periodically in water for 24 hours. none of them have given up yet but technically they have all been used for 1 week each as i have been doing this for aprox 3 weeks..so i'll see how well this practice works. also after their bath i suck clean water through them like a straw. seems to do the trick

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i have tried all methods of cleaning available in attempts to make these things last longer.. over twenty five atomizers over a three months period.. the result.. it dosnt work.. it might appear to produce the odd improvement but overall the things are only good for xxx thousand puffs then they wont work properly anymore whatever is done to them..

cycling thru several isnt a bad idea (it keeps more on the go at once) but in the end it simply means they are have to be replaced all at once instead of individually..

my house lightbulbs kinda do the same thing.. he he

trog

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
i have tried all methods of cleaning available in attempts to make these things last longer.. Over twenty five atomizers over a three months period.. The result.. It dosnt work.. It might appear to produce the odd improvement but overall the things are only good for xxx thousand puffs then they wont work properly anymore whatever is done to them..

Cycling thru several isnt a bad idea (it keeps more on the go at once) but in the end it simply means they are have to be replaced all at once instead of individually..

My house lightbulbs kinda do the same thing.. He he

trog

here here ! :)

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
i have tried all methods of cleaning available in attempts to make these things last longer.. over twenty five atomizers over a three months period.. the result.. it dosnt work.. it might appear to produce the odd improvement but overall the things are only good for xxx thousand puffs then they wont work properly anymore whatever is done to them..

cycling thru several isnt a bad idea (it keeps more on the go at once) but in the end it simply means they are have to be replaced all at once instead of individually..

my house lightbulbs kinda do the same thing.. he he

trog

I cycle my penstyle atomisers and yesterday 3 of 'em died (and one battery bit the dust)

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
I cycle my penstyle atomisers and yesterday 3 of 'em died (and one battery bit the dust)

thats pretty precise timing emp.. even my light bulbs aint that reliably guaranteed to all fail on the same day.. he he he

one little trick i have used with car batteries and their likes is buy the new one before the old one is fully dead.. keep the old one as a spare.. as a spare it does its job and lives for ages..

i am just a cheapskate by nature.. if a penny can be saved i will.. well not exactly a penny more like 20 quid.. i wont even bother picking up a f-cking penny if i drop one.. they go in the bin when i do get em..

what was the old saying.. "look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves".. its the reverse now.. "look after the pounds and u dont have to give a sh-t about the pennies"..

trog

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Yeah I was kinda surprised - that sort of thing usually happens to me with the high-end stuff (TVs particularly like to die on warranty expiry day) - didn't think I was rotating that exactly. Anyway, the lesson of always having enough spares is well bedded in me and boy do we need them for this stuff. A package from Smokester dropped on the mat just as I was jumping up and down on the last atomiser...

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
I have mine, it's pretty damn cool, but useless so far for e-smoking duties. I think I've proved my dead boys really are dead, though. I'm in gadget overload at the moment, so I haven't really looked into the capabilities of the ultrasonic bath yet. I think it will be very effective in conjunction with other cleaning techniques and specific solutions, but I haven't got around to it yet. Also need to read up on how-tos.

Out of the box excellence? Jewellery, glasses, electric shavers, wet razors and blades, paintbrushes, toothbrush heads.

Emp

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Sorry mate, wandering elsewhere on the forum.

The cleaner doesn't sharpen razor blades but it lifts all the impacted crud off them. I use the quattro titanium jet pilot / race car driver version with the little wire guards. They gum up pretty quickly, way before the blade is dulled, so I reckon I'll get another 4/5 shaves out of them. It also cleans the handle and the receptor for the blades without effort.

Toothpaste is another cludger that gums up the heads of the brushes and cakes around the base of the device. Cleaning them has always been a crap chore. The cleaner lifts this crap off for fun.

Emp

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
Sorry mate, wandering elsewhere on the forum.

The cleaner doesn't sharpen razor blades but it lifts all the impacted crud off them. I use the quattro titanium jet pilot / race car driver version with the little wire guards. They gum up pretty quickly, way before the blade is dulled, so I reckon I'll get another 4/5 shaves out of them. It also cleans the handle and the receptor for the blades without effort.

Toothpaste is another cludger that gums up the heads of the brushes and cakes around the base of the device. Cleaning them has always been a crap chore. The cleaner lifts this crap off for fun.

Emp
sounds ace i hate crap chores where did you get your ?

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Default cleaning time is 180 seconds but I suppose you can go up to 999. There's also a heater to 65 degrees C that I haven't played with yet. I think this would be very good with oil based gunk, particularly if heat and a detergent were used. Good tip is to get some tupperware containers about the same size as the bath so you can use industrial solutions (you have to float the tupperware in the bath cos it can't be run dry - but the u-sonic ain't fazed by a tupperware barrier). Alcohol solutions like meths work exceptionally well with gunked up paintbrushes - I resurrected a gloss brush that was like a brick - last used it two years ago.

Really trog the only thing it hasn't worked on is the crap I bought it for. All the atomisers were probably dead beyond recall (bit down that I didn't get at least one lazarus) but I might have better luck when I start working with heat and tailored cleaning solutions.

Haven't really used it enough to know it's limitations yet - I'll keep you posted.

Standout performance? Eyeglasses and jewellery. Brings gold up astonishingly well.

Emp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread