Not open for further replies.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I thought you were behaving yourself? :w00t:
OH I am behaving, I just had to comment, all in good spirit OFC. Just came across as humorous to me that she need to look at her screen to see if everything is as it should be, hope it was not taking in offense.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
It is called my husband!
db002cb0.x50.gif
:lol:

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I just noticed that you signed up here on Christmas Eve....curious, got a "I got this for Xmas" story for us? :)
Well let me think....It involved Egg Nog or Gin, heck probably both, cannot recall;), But I had been suffering the dreaded Cig a likes and needed a better fix and I came upon ECF and thought, this place may have an answer so I joined....Not much of a story is it, but it did involve Martini's and that part of the "rest of the story" is well... not suitable for the general public!:lol:

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I have to inquire...Just had a thought in which I really would like to preserve the finish and laser engraving on the "somewhat limited edition" of the new Disrupter. I wonder if a "clear skin" would be of any benefit? My fear on this idea is that if the skin is removed, so will the finish....?

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
What ones do you prefer?

@retired1 which ones that are premade do you prefer also?
I have a lovely collection of Protank 2's.... And enough prewound coils to hold me over for a while....lol...and have more PT's on the way

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I've got one last test I'm going to try with it. I've never liked dual coils, because it's too hot and needs too much airflow for MtL; I have a Veritas, which I've tried before with a single coil, but never with a dual coil build. Since I can control the temperature, and keep the airflow down to what I like, I thought I'd try out dual coils with the Evic and see how that vapes. It would also help me keep the ohms low without having to make the coils so skimpy.

Andria
Wish you weren't sensitive to nickel. Those who don't like the vape from ti often like ni, and vice versa.

There is another possible option.... You could try stainless steel wire. It's tcr is even lower then ti, so temps wouldn't display right, but should work.

Another thing some people who have had trouble with ti wire are doing is running their ti coils in Ni mode..... Again, temps will be off, but temps are already off even in ti mode.... Try that, setting your temp about 80 degrees lower then your ti setting

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
And right after that, hopefully, a dishwasher that will rinse the dishes and then load itself. :thumb:

Andria

It is called my husband!

Where can I get one of those?

...Oh wait, I forgot, I had one and decided it wasn't worth all the trouble and got rid of it. :)

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Yeah, $$$ every couple days, 1 out of 3 DOA...
;)
Personally,
I got into buying specific gear so I can break the chains tethering me to a vape store.
I won't buy an atomizer that doesn't have at least the option of building my own coils.

I want add again, as a vaper that generally doesn't like regulated devices, the disrupter has been in constant use since it arrived.
It fires every atty I've tried, and hits like George Foreman.

And either I need some new 18650 batteries or the 2000mah rating on the inmokincell is conservative.
This thing outlasts any 18650 I've ever owned.
That's because it's LiPo......a much more suitable battery chemistry for our use.....flatter output curve, keeps you in voltage use levels longer, as opposed to the steep drop off on an imr

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Wish you weren't sensitive to nickel. Those who don't like the vape from ti often like ni, and vice versa.

There is another possible option.... You could try stainless steel wire. It's tcr is even lower then ti, so temps wouldn't display right, but should work.

Another thing some people who have had trouble with ti wire are doing is running their ti coils in Ni mode..... Again, temps will be off, but temps are already off even in ti mode.... Try that, setting your temp about 80 degrees lower then your ti setting

Actually, the last couple days I *have* been running it in Ni mode, around 350F... it gives a pretty decent vape in terms of vapor and throat hit, but the flavor is still... missing, mostly, though there's *almost* a burned taste. It's hard to identify or describe, but it almost reminds me of when I tried to vape one of my kayfuns that apparently included machine oil. I washed the wire with dish soap, rinsed it in tap water, rinsed it in filtered water, wiped it down very well with alcohol, then rinsed again in purified water. So I have no idea what I could be tasting. It's definitely not burnt cotton, I know what THAT tastes like -- like setting your jeans on fire and then huffing them.

I dunno what "tcr" means so I have no idea what that would mean in terms of actual temp to set.

Andria

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

I have a quick question you
Might be able to answer.

I see Ti wire advertised as "grade 1".
Grade 1 Ti is alloyed with aluminum to make it soft and easier to work.

Vaping from heated Aluminum isn't good or safe. That's a fact.

Grade 2 is unalloyed and better suited for vaping.

Why would anyone use Grade 1?

Reactions: FringeChief68

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Actually, the last couple days I *have* been running it in Ni mode, around 350F... it gives a pretty decent vape in terms of vapor and throat hit, but the flavor is still... missing, mostly, though there's *almost* a burned taste. It's hard to identify or describe, but it almost reminds me of when I tried to vape one of my kayfuns that apparently included machine oil. I washed the wire with dish soap, rinsed it in tap water, rinsed it in filtered water, wiped it down very well with alcohol, then rinsed again in purified water. So I have no idea what I could be tasting. It's definitely not burnt cotton, I know what THAT tastes like -- like setting your jeans on fire and then huffing them.

I dunno what "tcr" means so I have no idea what that would mean in terms of actual temp to set.

Andria
Tcr is the wire types temp. coefficient number...... The evic uses a tcr that's too low, puts the ti temps off...... Go to the evic vt thread you will see my temp prob findings.

Have you thought about mixing your juice with higher percentages just for that setup?

Fyi.... You may be getting a hot leg or hot spot on the coil, that would explain that flavor.....
With the cap off and no wick, fire the coil with the temp up around 450...... Check the legs especially.

Try doing a build by trapping the legs under the post screw (like you would a kayfun) instead of through the post hole...... Those holes sometimes cause issues

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
Where can I get one of those?

...Oh wait, I forgot, I had one and decided it wasn't worth all the trouble and got rid of it. :)
I am open for the position as long as you can mow the lawn, the rest I can handle.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread