Status
Not open for further replies.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Do you remember back in the day when customs was seizing shipments and destroying the contents? I wonder if we were as panicked and stocking up back then, and yes I did do some panic buying. Also learned how to make my own mods, and DIY my juice. This round seems to be more 50's bomb shelter, survive the apocalypse panicking.
I remember vaper-4-life having a LOT of those issues! I remember watching the site hourly for what I wanted to be in stock so I could try and stay ahead of shipment delays!
Much like trying to get Ikkenvape cartos years later!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I remember back in the day when there were new products on the market being reviewed almost daily, new wonders being created by modmakers, drip tip artisans, and new juice companies to discover. It seemed there was a never ending stream of stuff being released. I remember back in the day when folks were arguing over VV verses VW mods. I remember when there were legions of supporters of different factions valiantly defending their favorite Mod makers all across the forums, there were the Innokin army, the Provarinati, and the REOnauts, and also the Mech fans, each with a different yet fervent mission. I remember back in the day when vaping seemed so carefree, boundless, and nowhere to go but upwards to greater and greater heights of popularity and enjoyment. I hope I will always remember those sunny days, before the dark storm clouds of Mordor came rising up from the bowels of hell that is the FDA...I would love to see still smokers someday encounter such a thing as we had, when it was actually fun to discover the path away from smoking, and find a new way to go forward...

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I remember the first time I took a month off ECF and there were thousands of posts, atomizers and mods that seemed like they were from another world (tc) WTH? That got me paranoid about staying away for too long. We lived during the golden age of vaping.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Funny, days like today between patients I alternated between a Z max v2 and a cartotank w 24 mg dekang , And a cyclone at 150 watts atop a IPV3 Li........w 3 mg Humble juice ....... .it's like time travel;), I still enjoy the old and the new.......both enjoyable in their own way......and have eroll kits in mine and my wife's car , just in case

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I hear ya, BackDoc.

Never, ever leaving me......

darwin kat.jpg

Super Flex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
Tuscaloosa al
I am a youngin :) in this vape life, it seems like only yesterday ny daughter and son in law gave me 3 ego pens and some Kanger T3S's, then it was the Itaste vv's and pro tanks, Innokin disrupter and Isub tanks the Kanger subox and the subtanks. Mech mods and drip tanks, 200watt mods temp control and what seems like a billion new tanks and mods. I look back at just my journey throughout my must haves and shineitous pickups it's the no more analogs and getting my wife and son and daughter off them and into vaping. I look at what I typed and also a few others and it's one thing we all have in common, it's not what you've vaped it's that you vape and gave them stinky's the boot.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I remember back in the day when folks were arguing over VV verses VW mods.

I don't miss this! "Volts just taste better than Watts, I swear!" "I'll never, never buy anything with VW, because (P-word) doesn't use it, so it must be bad bad bad!" :eek:

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Yeah, I remember the provari elitist hit squad would stalk and defend even the most minor criticism of the sacred tube ......and the answer to any gear question was " get a provari" , whether it was a battery issue, a topper, or if you had an infectious disease , It was quite humorous to watch it go down , almost predictably.......

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Yeah, I remember the provari elitist hit squad would stalk and defend even the most minor criticism of the sacred tube ......and the answer to any gear question was " get a provari" , whether it was a battery issue, a topper, or if you had an infectious disease , It was quite humorous to watch it go down , almost predictably.......

I have a shrine with candles and everything!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City

Infectious diseases too? I was happy with the increased brain function, youthful appearance and muscle tone they provide. Another bonus!

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I remember starting with a Janty starter kit, as in made in China.
I remember Mrs. T's Bakery, and Clouds of Vapor.
I remember dripping while trying to steer 78,000 lbs. at 75 mph on the Interstate was hazardous.
I remember Copper Creek and Back Woods Brews.
I remember being directed towards Reos Mods by Classwife. At first I thought spending $150 for vaping equipment was insane, but squonking while driving is a lot easier than dripping.
I remember Heather's Heavenly Vapes and Ahlusions.
I remember everyone talked about their e-liquids, but very few (other than the ProVarinati) ever discussed their equipment.
I remember Alice in Vapeland and MyVapeJuice.
I remember when many Vendors were available and online most evenings on the ECF.
I remember Bottom Feed Atomizers and Cartomizers.
I remember HighBrow and Halo.
I remember Blind Squonking, and Tilt-n-Swirl.
I remember when VV eGo's were described as "Game Changers"
I remember when Rebuildable Atomizers became "Mainstream" in Vaping.
I remember when "Cloud Chasing" first started.
I remember when the term "Fanboi" and "Fangal" were considered less than complimentary.
I remember Jack. and Z-Ghost. and others who have simply faded away from the ECF.
And I still remember how much better I breathe, feel, and live since I began Vaping.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I remember yellow fingers.
I remember smelling like an ashtray.
I remember burn holes in my car seats.
I remember being breathless at the top of a stairway.
I remember hating myself so much every time I lit up.
I remember the coughing and the resulting disgusting hack up.
I remember when I didn't know how far 5k was let alone run it 3 times a week.

I am incredibly grateful to have jumped on this wave when it was an organic movement powered by the consumer with only one goal, to help others find a healthier life. It's been beautiful. It's not over but it will never be the same.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I remember Jack. and Z-Ghost.

And I just got teary :cry:

I remember when vaping was still fairly carefree. Still discovering the newest tech that was making vaping easier for newbies like me to get into it.

We had already gotten past the 2009 FDA fiasco and the current problems were still something we feared but were hopeful that they would never come to fruition. That common sense would prevail.

It was fun learning this technology and terminology. When I finally got it all figured out....WTH?! New stuff would pop up but I was quite content with the Vivi Nova :D

Then more of the FDA crap started surfacing and it pretty much forced me into finding a more self sufficient mode and I did something I never thought I would do. I learned how to build my own coils. Still don't like doing it but it is what it is. :laugh:

I remember being a part of the Golden Age of vaping. I still have hope..faint...but still there.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
It was fun learning this technology and terminology. When I finally got it all figured out....WTH?! New stuff would pop up but I was quite content with the Vivi Nova :D

Hey the Vivi Nova still work well if you use a nickle or titanium coil..;)

I still have fun going into a B&M shop with a Royal Smoker CE-2 in a MAP tank on top of a VV Gripper, or even a Drip-on-Demand :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread