Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
I was using a Mako with a 510 atomizer.
Now I'm using a Mako with an A7 rda.

The more things have changed ... the more they have stayed the same. ;)

Basically my story is the same. Different brand names for me, but same philosophy. Just never saw the need to buy into the next latest and greatest when what I had worked okie dokie smokie, ya know?

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I was getting tired of refilling cartos, so I was intrigued when I saw a little bottom-feeder mod called the WetBox in late spring of 2010 - I think I got mine around June of that year. The WetBox was a cheap plastic box mod with a flaky switch, and its needle feed often leaked juice back into the innards of the mod. But I was sold on the concept, and was delighted to get wind of the impending REO Mini in the fall of that year - industrial-strength aluminum, all mechanical, and no leaky needle feed. I got one of the first run REO Mini (a 14500 mod) in late September, and then one of the first Grands (18650) in November. Been using nothing but REO's ever since, first with 306 and 510 atty's, then with cartos, and now RBA's for the past few years.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I was using KR808D-1 refillable cartos with cig-alike batteries from V9 until I stumbled on Volcano where I bought their (priparitory no ego threading) ego-type T tank system and battery. The first larger mod I purchased with a removable battery was a green silver bullet with a carto tank :)

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Ahh, I was unsure of whether or not REO's mods were released with all versions available from the start, or not. haha it's funny that he released a 14500 battery Reo before releasing the 18500 and 18650 versions, considering a lot of the mods of that time-period utilized all of the smaller sized batteries. (many utilized the 123 batts, or the 16500s?) that's funny. the very 1st reo that i had ever ordered was the mini, version 1, with 14500 batteries. I loved the concept, hated those batteries. thank-god i was able to sell that Reo to a great friend of mine, here on the forums. (she wanted another Reo14500 as a gift, for a family member, if i remember right) and as soon as I sold my 14500 model, I turned around and purchased a Reo Grand!! I fell IN LOVE with my grand the MOMENT i held it. unfortunately, it is now sitting in my vape chest of draws, because the fire button is stuck in the locked position, and I haven't had the time to figure out if it can be fixed by unscrewing the delrin roof. If it cannot be fixed, idk what I'd do :/ I don't have the money to pay to have it fixed... If I could just get my baby working again, I'd probably be vaping on it right now, rather than my Evic.

I do remember when the only way you could order and purchase a Reo mod, was by joining a pre-order list. Either that, or it was button-mashing on sale-night, wasn't it? I'm pretty sure he did try that route of sale as well, didn't he? (i haaated limited-run sales) and if i'm not remembering incorrectly, i think the provari had a limited-run sale's night as well, didn't it? or a wait-list? 1 or the other, no? if the provari was always sold via online cart, forgive me for creating the false memory.

ahh, i love me some nostalgia threads. this one is getting good, i think because i picked such a great period in our history! ^.^

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Ahh, I was unsure of whether or not REO's mods were released with all versions available from the start, or not. haha it's funny that he released a 14500 battery Reo before releasing the 18500 and 18650 versions, considering a lot of the mods of that time-period utilized all of the smaller sized batteries. (many utilized the 123 batts, or the 16500s?) that's funny. the very 1st reo that i had ever ordered was the mini, version 1, with 14500 batteries. I loved the concept, hated those batteries. thank-god i was able to sell that Reo to a great friend of mine, here on the forums. (she wanted another Reo14500 as a gift, for a family member, if i remember right) and as soon as I sold my 14500 model, I turned around and purchased a Reo Grand!! I fell IN LOVE with my grand the MOMENT i held it. unfortunately, it is now sitting in my vape chest of draws, because the fire button is stuck in the locked position, and I haven't had the time to figure out if it can be fixed by unscrewing the delrin roof. If it cannot be fixed, idk what I'd do :/ I don't have the money to pay to have it fixed... If I could just get my baby working again, I'd probably be vaping on it right now, rather than my Evic.

I do remember when the only way you could order and purchase a Reo mod, was by joining a pre-order list. Either that, or it was button-mashing on sale-night, wasn't it? I'm pretty sure he did try that route of sale as well, didn't he? (i haaated limited-run sales) and if i'm not remembering incorrectly, i think the provari had a limited-run sale's night as well, didn't it? or a wait-list? 1 or the other, no? if the provari was always sold via online cart, forgive me for creating the false memory.

ahh, i love me some nostalgia threads. this one is getting good, i think because i picked such a great period in our history! ^.^

If you remove the delrin cover, you can slide the firing pin to the side and the button should drop out. Maybe a good cleaning of the hole the button goes through is all it needs. If not, then if you like, you can remove the lock pin from the button and reassemble. The mod will work just fine, you just won't be able to lock it.

Reactions: Plumes.91

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
I was getting tired of refilling cartos, so I was intrigued when I saw a little bottom-feeder mod called the WetBox in late spring of 2010 - I think I got mine around June of that year. The WetBox was a cheap plastic box mod with a flaky switch, and its needle feed often leaked juice back into the innards of the mod. But I was sold on the concept, and was delighted to get wind of the impending REO Mini in the fall of that year - industrial-strength aluminum, all mechanical, and no leaky needle feed. I got one of the first run REO Mini (a 14500 mod) in late September, and then one of the first Grands (18650) in November. Been using nothing but REO's ever since, first with 306 and 510 atty's, then with cartos, and now RBA's for the past few years.

My wife and I took the exact same path. We went from the mall cigalikes to Missy's Wetbox. What a hunk of leaking messy crap it was. I just found a few buried in the back of my cabinet a few weeks ago. We also quickly tired of the hassle and stumbled upon the REOs. Like you, I also purchased a Grand in Nov 2010 and got my wife a mini 14500. I am still using the same REO today 5 years later and it still works as good as day one. We have purchased several more over the years, but it is wonderful not having to try all the new stuff that is always hitting the market and spending hundreds or thousands on a junk drawer full of useless mods.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I agree with bones1274 completely, i can't stand it when a device reveals itself as another juice n' junk draw mod. But, I think those of us who've been at this hobby for 4, 5, even 6-7yrs now, we've learned a lot, haven't we? For instance, I think I know what to look out for when it comes to mods that'll hit the junk draw in the future. First version devices from chinese companies like joye, kanger, and smok, are what I'm speaking-of... & there's no way in hell you'll catch me falling for another obvious "version 1 test kit" device. Absolutely not... unless, I want to. ;)

for instance, I know the tc mod on the kanger nebox is supposedly broken in every way imaginable. tc mode randomly steps-down your wattage in the middle of a vape, for no good reason on the nebox. Ive also heard that it's tc mode has difficulty reading coil resistances, and will read much under ohm or much over ohm, providing an underpowered or overpowered vape each and every time you hit the fire button.

these power issues is red-flag enough for me to recognize this, the kanger nebox, is a v.1 consumer test kit. and i, for one, don't feel like being kanger's guinea-pig yet again, only to be envious of the new & improved nebox that'll have fixed TC mode, spare glass tank, top mounted 510 connection, and better cap designs for batt/tank.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
The absolute funniest review of 2011! (near the end 18:56) I still laugh every time I see it :w00t:
I didn't buy one of these! LOL

I grabbed up three or four smoktech DCC tanks within a very short period of time after hearing about them. they worked great and i've still got them today. In-fact, I should fill one up tomorrow.

and HOLY-S! ahahaha i remember this review crystal clear. hahaha good job PB! -____-

Reactions: YoursTruli

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
The absolute funniest review of 2011! (near the end 18:56) I still laugh every time I see it :w00t:

I didn't buy one of these! LOL

The funniest review I ever saw was for the Silver Bullet about 4 years ago. I have looked for it and cannot find it any more. It was done as a Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous type setting of a guy dressed to the 9's in the library of a mansion. Man I wish I could find that review. I rolled on the floor every time I saw it.

Tortus

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2015
I was still smoking cigs but tried those Blu e-cigarettes from a convenience store. That was before I knew anything about vaping.

What a waste of money. I didn't officially start vaping until late 2014 when I quit smoking. Went with an istick 20w and a Kanger Aerotank.

I told myself that's all I need and I'm not getting into this hard with a lot of devices. That didn't last after I got into sub-ohming. I now have a drawer full of things I've tried, things I use, equipment for rebuilding coils and making juice, etc.

Reactions: Plumes.91

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
The funniest review I ever saw was for the Silver Bullet about 4 years ago. I have looked for it and cannot find it any more. It was done as a Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous type setting of a guy dressed to the 9's in the library of a mansion. Man I wish I could find that review. I rolled on the floor every time I saw it.

aaahaha that vid is on the altsmoke website on the silverbullet's product page i think. thats another classic haha. the SB was one of the 1st mods of it's kind, so, it was a high dollar item back in those days haha

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
I was using KR808D-1 refillable cartos with cig-alike batteries from V9 until I stumbled on Volcano...

Oh man, I'd forgotten. I used those for a couple of minutes from V4L in 2010. Their pre-filled cartos were just wretched tasting so I bought the refillable cartos which always tasted like the e-liquid of your choice plus dirty socks. Terrible and expensive experience. Thankfully I found my eGo set up shortly thereafter and was able to give my KR808's away to a friend who is still smoke free to this day. So I guess in the end the best gear is the stuff that works for you. ;)

Started April 2011. 510 kit. Went with a lavatube for a while. Then found 5 volt Woo. What a good vape at that time. Bought about six of them over time. Am using my last one today for a change. Looks about 100 years old now. Still a nice vape though. Bought a provari in 2012. Magic vape. Now have three. How times have changed. B.K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread