I'm possibly switching to V4L. Need some info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffree

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
california
My favorite set-up for easy, cheap, tasty all-day vaping, available from kangerwholesaleusa:

Kanger EVOD batts (1000mah): $10
Kanger T3S clearomizers: $3
Kanger AC charging cables: $2

Replaceable T3S screw-in coils, 2.2 ohm (replace weekly with heavy use): $1

Have had 4 of these set-ups in rotation, and haven't had a prob in the past year. Life's good.

Last edited:

B I L

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Hemet, CA
I just received my iStick 30 and Kanger Mini Subtank. I LOVE this setup! I do have a question though. The Kanger subtank came with a .5 and 1.2 ohm occ and the manual it says .5 range 15-30w. 1.2 range 12-25w. Can I use a lower wattage on these? Say 10W on a .5? The throat hit is a little too much if I go much higher than that. The mouthpiece also gets hot if the wattage is too high. Will that change if I change the occ to a 1.2ohm?

My eliquid is 70pg/30vg (3mg of nicotine. may go back up to 6mg though) which I read the more the pg you have, the more the throat hit you get. Is this true? I don't get a lot of 'cloud'. I'm thinking about switching to 50/50. Any thoughts? Thanks for everyone's help.

Last edited:

daveyp

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
BUFFALO
I just received my iStick 30 and Kanger Mini Subtank. I LOVE this setup! I do have a question though. The Kanger subtank came with a .5 and 1.2 ohm occ and the manual it says .5 range 15-30w. 1.2 range 12-25w. Can I use a lower wattage on these? Say 10W on a .5? The throat hit is a little too much if I go much higher than that. The mouthpiece also gets hot if the wattage is too high. Will that change if I change the occ to a 1.2ohm?

My eliquid is 70pg/30vg (3mg of nicotine. may go back up to 6mg though) which I read the more the pg you have, the more the throat hit you get. Is this true? I don't get a lot of 'cloud'. I'm thinking about switching to 50/50. Any thoughts? Thanks for everyone's help.

You can try lower power, sure, but that likely isn't the main cause. You might need to hold on the firing button longer to get any decent amount of vapor if you choose something lower than 15W. The 1.2 ohm coil will probably be a little nicer on your throat.

Things which increase TH (throat hit) are: Higher PG juices, higher nic Juices, lower resistances (more heat), some flavorings can also contribute. Leaving the airflow wide open and inhaling a little faster can cool down the vape.

The first two will be the biggest contributors. With 3mg 80% VG juices, I get virtually no TH on my 0.5ohm coils (on my Melo, still didnt receive my subtank :rolleyes:) even at 35w. In my Nautilus Mini, 1.6-1.8 ohm coil, I get a lot of throat hit from my older 18/24mg juices at 15w. Not a chance I'll try them in a subohm!

Reactions: B I L
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread