Introducing the Precise Strata RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoscouter

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Missouri
That is an incredible accomplishment in design and machining. I assume the knurled posts are screwed in to attach the coils but it is not clear to me if one is negative and the other the positive connection or is there some other connection? Any possibility of showing a picture with a coil installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

rojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Johnson City, TN
When will this be available? And I'm assuming the threading isnt 20x1 to match caravel, paps, etc.?
If not when is the suggested availability in 510 connection?

David says it'll be available in 2-3 weeks. They'll only fit the Simplicity at first. An ELA and
P+ version will follow, and I'd guess 510 soon thereafter, though there's been no estimate for release date yet. But you should consider getting a Simplicity anyway. Palladium-plated contacts + Super-T build quality = win. The 18350 feels like a 16340 mod in your hand. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Assembled view:
RBASIDEVIEWx.jpg
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Bottom Cap View showing enlarged juice capacity:
RBABOTTOMINSIDE2x.jpg

On a TI Simplicity 18350:
RBATI2x.jpg

Top cap inside view showing preheat air passages:
RBATOPCAPINSIDEVIEWx.jpg

End cap Helix air foil view with tip removed:
RBATOPCAPVIEWx.jpg

Had to bring these photos back up.. Gorgeous!

rojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Johnson City, TN
That is an incredible accomplishment in design and machining. I assume the knurled posts are screwed in to attach the coils but it is not clear to me if one is negative and the other the positive connection or is there some other connection? Any possibility of showing a picture with a coil installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It looks to me like the knurled posts are both a common ground and the top vortex bit on the center post probably unscrews to hold the positive connection.

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
It looks to me like the knurled posts are both a common ground and the top vortex bit on the center post probably unscrews to hold the positive connection.

That's what I was thinking too. I'm still trying to imagine how the adjustable airflow and adjustable heat exchange thing works. David said it's manipulated by a simple twist of the cap, but with it being a two piece design I still can't picture it in my head. I guess we won't really understand until we have them in our hands.

rojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Johnson City, TN
The distance between the holes on the bottom lip of the top cap and the post rim determines draw. Top cap screwed all the way down will close the air flow (or set the tightest setting). The coil heats the top cap, thereby pre-heating the air channels.

Last edited:

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
The distance between the holes on the bottom lip of the top cap and the post rim determines draw. Top cap screwed all the way down will close the air flow (or set the tightest setting). The coil heats the top cap, thereby pre-heating the air channels.

That's pretty much what I was thinking, which means that the draw and heat exchange are adjusted simultaneously. That also means that in order to get a looser draw, you would need to unthread the top cap. I'm hoping that the draw with the top cap fully seated will be sufficient since it will look its best with the top cap fully threaded on.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
That's pretty much what I was thinking, which means that the draw and heat exchange are adjusted simultaneously. That also means that in order to get a looser draw, you would need to unthread the top cap. I'm hoping that the draw with the top cap fully seated will be sufficient since it will look its best with the top cap fully threaded on.

Just from looking at it, I actually think the draw will be fine with the cap screwed all the way down.

Of course all is just speculation at this point and we won't really know until it's in our grubby paws!

Nikkolas

Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
RI
Looks fantastic! I have a 18650 simplicity for my at home vape. I have a couple (possibly stupid) questions. First, will it leak when laid down horizontally if the bottom reservoir has some liquid in it? Second, when you do create a tank system will it integrate with the rba base or will it be it's own separate unit? I'm looking for something to solve all my atty troubles that I can rebuild for years and this seems like it might be the ticket

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Looks fantastic! I have a 18650 simplicity for my at home vape. I have a couple (possibly stupid) questions. First, will it leak when laid down horizontally if the bottom reservoir has some liquid in it? Second, when you do create a tank system will it integrate with the rba base or will it be it's own separate unit? I'm looking for something to solve all my atty troubles that I can rebuild for years and this seems like it might be the ticket

This is also very important to me and will be one of the 1st things I test out..

My mods are always left laying on their side as I do not like leaving them standing for several reasons..

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
This is also very important to me and will be one of the 1st things I test out..

My mods are always left laying on their side as I do not like leaving them standing for several reasons..

David said that it should not leak when it's laid on its side, provided that you don't fill past the recommended level. I assume that the fill amount would be however much juice fits into the juice well. With the size of the chamber, I presume that the volume juice would not be enough to pour out of the drip tip opening. Leaving it upside-down would be a completely different story though....that's my guess.

Nikkolas

Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
RI
I wouldn't mind too much if it leaked when turned upside-down, I just would not want to always be weary when I put the device down around the house, placed in a pocket, etc. Judging by the pictures (and assuming the drip tip fits on or over that center post) it does not appear that it will leak when placed on it's side. I'm looking forward to the testing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread