What I'm Waiting For: The Super T Precise Strata RDA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Hm. Looks like an interesting piece of hardware and I know Super T makes quality gear... But $149 for an rda = Yeow.
Eager to see the reviews.

When it is a Satin finish,connected to my Satin ELA,i do not care about the price i will be in a state of total AWE of the aesthetics of the two combined.Come on,...it's a SuperT Hybrid rda,.....only perfection.

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
Hm. Looks like an interesting piece of hardware and I know Super T makes quality gear... But $149 for an RDA = Yeow.

Its a small price to pay for perfection, quality, lifetime warranty and lifetime refinishing warranty... not to mention made in the USA!!

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
bOdSlXH.jpg

Last edited:

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Hm. Looks like an interesting piece of hardware and I know Super T makes quality gear... But $149 for an RDA = Yeow.

I think the price is fair all things considered..

Plus don't forget it comes with a custom made 'helix' drip tip.. The drip tip alone could sell for $20-$30 by itself..

As stated by Nach, lifetime warranty (transferable to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th owners), lifetime refinishing, Super T quality, made in the USA ect..

All things considered it's a very good price. It will last forever and could be the last RBA/RDA you have to buy for a very long time..

:2c:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Super-T is improving the design!

1. A redesigned chamber to reduce condensation
2. Larger air holes for more [adjustable] airflow
3. Shorter center post
4. Rhodium plated gold plated brass center post :)

Huzzah!

Why dual plated? Doesn't one cancel out the other? I know either plating will wear off at some point when it is on say a switch or a connector, but the center post? I don't remember seeing that listed anywhere... I would like to know the reason for dual platings...

9ball_AJ

On the Snap...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

dave4127690

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
Southern California
Why dual plated? Doesn't one cancel out the other? I know either plating will wear off at some point when it is on say a switch or a connector, but the center post? I don't remember seeing that listed anywhere... I would like to know the reason for dual platings...
You can't just rhodium plate any metal... Generally you strike nickel, then a layer of gold then rhodium, I think super T contacts are similar but the strike layer is something else. You can't dip brass, or copper directly into a rhodium solution it would contaminate it :/ I do some amateur electroplating myself... Nothing too complicated like rhodium, but gold, silver, nickel :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread