iPV Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puttyandnapalm

Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Maryland
I've gone about replacing the stripped 510 connector in the ipv mini, but could use a little input. I've removed it from the Box itself, but now I'm struggling to decide which replacement to order.
I've looked at some on Fat Daddy's Vapes page, but I'm not sure which one I would need. there are no threads with this one that came out my ipv mini.

4CFDC937-30CA-4E3D-A846-CAB528BE7298_zps8mgkolxp.jpg

F8EB3B04-3498-47D8-8D64-82A84CAA5277_zpsyovytw5c.jpg

http://fatdaddyvapes.com/eBay/Photos/510SWATCH.jpg

My soldering ability isn't great, but I think I can do it even if it's not pretty. I don't necessarily have to pick one of these from FDV, but I want something with quality made threads. Any other advice would be great.

I was thinking either the v3 short or the v4 low profile short.

Red Winter

Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
Brighton, UK
I've gone about replacing the stripped 510 connector in the IPV mini, but could use a little input. I've removed it from the Box itself, but now I'm struggling to decide which replacement to order.

V3 shorty with 22mm washer. Simply drill the 510 connector hole in casing to 10mm, crank the connector in place with the nut (use threadlocker) and redo electrical connections.

That should be it, theoretically. I have not opened mine so I have no idea about tolerances and space so thats my best guess.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
That's purdy much what I was thinking, Ms. Darling. It sure might have been entertaining to witness an attempt at NOT getting banned.

So they ARE as they appear then? Basically two relatively small openings? Yep, yep, yeppers - entertaining for sure. :lol::censored:

Reactions: vjdossey

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Ugghh
Friend sent me some twisted 28 gauge. I built a decent coil using it for my new Lemo Drop. Came out a .09
I wanted to vape high with this (usually tootle puffer around 12-13 watts)
With the good folks in here I learned to set my IPV to DC-DC for 12-13 watt and use the PWM for only for high wattage. Once I did this no more raging hot hits.
So that all being said, now that I have the Lemo and the .9 coil I cranked my IPV up to 20 watts and set it to PWM and it was great most of the time but I again got the raging burning hits like it powers out of range on its own.
Can anybody help me with this?
thanks

Reactions: aikanae1

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
Ugghh
Friend sent me some twisted 28 gauge. I built a decent coil using it for my new Lemo Drop. Came out a .09
I wanted to vape high with this (usually tootle puffer around 12-13 watts)
With the good folks in here I learned to set my IPV to DC-DC for 12-13 watt and use the PWM for only for high wattage. Once I did this no more raging hot hits.
So that all being said, now that I have the Lemo and the .9 coil I cranked my IPV up to 20 watts and set it to PWM and it was great most of the time but I again got the raging burning hits like it powers out of range on its own.
Can anybody help me with this?
thanks

Mine does that whenever I get any moisture or juice in the bottom cap or 510 connection in the Lemo. I dry it out and it's correct again. Never have that problem with my Kayfuns on the mini.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Mine does that whenever I get any moisture or juice in the bottom cap or 510 connection in the Lemo. I dry it out and it's correct again. Never have that problem with my Kayfuns on the mini.
Yes Gary I did dry out the leakage and it seemed to help.
So the question of the day for me is: Am I correct in setting it to PWM for 20 watts?

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Am I correct in setting it to PWM for 20 watts?

PBusardo (in his YouTube review) shows the IPV Mini only has step-down and "power boost" when in the PWM Mode (but not when set to the DC-DC Mode).

Also...when set to the PWM Mode...it automatically switches over to a DC-DC signal when the PWM signal is no longer optimal.

So...me...I leave my IPV Mini in the PWM Mode continuously. :thumbs:

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
I'm almost sure the vendor would give you a duplicate receipt of your order if you can't locate the original.

Wishing you lots of luck with this...... do keep us updated?
Long over due update! nearly two months later... lol... I had no idea so much time passed. life gets busy... and couldn't easily print my paperwork to get my mini to the warranty folks til last week. None the less, they emailed me today with tracking info. They fixed it and it's coming back to me! I took a chance and asked the gentleman what was wrong with it, he said a wire came loose and needed to be resoldered soldered. I am anxious to use it again. However, I need batteries! The ones I used in it before are in a regular rotation now, in a different mod. Can you guys give me recommendations? Is there newer longer lasting batteries that I am not aware of? If not, I'll order some of what I already have I guess, lol...

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
Long over due update! nearly two months later... lol... I had no idea so much time passed. life gets busy... and couldn't easily print my paperwork to get my mini to the warranty folks til last week. None the less, they emailed me today with tracking info. They fixed it and it's coming back to me! I took a chance and asked the gentleman what was wrong with it, he said a wire came loose and needed to be resoldered soldered. I am anxious to use it again. However, I need batteries! The ones I used in it before are in a regular rotation now, in a different mod. Can you guys give me recommendations? Is there newer longer lasting batteries that I am not aware of? If not, I'll order some of what I already have I guess, lol...

There's a newish 15A 3000mah battery in town and it's perfect for the IPVmini. Samsung 30Q

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Last edited:

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Got my mini back from Asmodus and I used it less than half an hour and poof, died on me again. Doing exactly what it did before. Grrrr.... I thought things seemed kind of fishy when I opened up the box to see it was still in the wrap I had sent it in. Many people who have had to send theirs in said that their wraps had to be removed in order for the repairs to be done... I sure hope they are willing to pay shipping and all for this to go back! I was so excited, dagnabit!

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Got my mini back from Asmodus and I used it less than half an hour and poof, died on me again. Doing exactly what it did before. Grrrr.... I thought things seemed kind of fishy when I opened up the box to see it was still in the wrap I had sent it in. Many people who have had to send theirs in said that their wraps had to be removed in order for the repairs to be done... I sure hope they are willing to pay shipping and all for this to go back! I was so excited, dagnabit!
OMG I would be so mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread