Is it possible DIY state-of-the-art high-end juices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everybody who replied to my original post. Lots of the great advice. I haven't felt picked on as an much as misunderstood. I am definitely planning to develop my DIY skills as recommended (by those of you kind enough to reply to my original post). I've been asking about some good out-of-the-box recipes to hold me over while I'm experimenting and developing a new skill set. Other than that thanks to you all...

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Good point SmOkyBlue...

Didn't realize it could look like folks where pickin' on the OP until I read your post and then went back and read. I was blinded by knowing what the posters were trying to convey.

Guess it was like that basketball coach I had that was all-fire for full-speed running at all times while on court. The only thing I disliked about basketball was the running because I sucked at running. I thought he was picking on me at the beginning of the season, but as the games went by I noticed that if I was running full speed at all times, I made plays. I was where I needed to be when I needed to be there and could do the stuff I enjoyed about basketball more often. He was the toughest and best coach I ever had.

eh.. no worries.. but!! J.. lmao you say a lot of things much better than I do.. but I am glad and very happy you saw this and offered your advise. Really, it is a bit hard to wrap your head around, and dealing with written text, we all get a bit confuzzled, and I have lost friends over this.. then again.. I sit back in my chair and have to wonder.. if they left me over a post, of something that came off the cuff, were they really friends to begin with?

Mixing is like a fine art sometimes, and at others, a big sloppy mess.. equipment, flavors, devices to test from.. so much of the variables.. without every any thought, can make people frustrated, and well.. ;) but the main point I try to put out is, never give up. If you want to be smoke free, if you want those high quality vapes, if you want satisfaction.. Read. Take things at face value, get a thick skin, and well.. don't stop trying.

Of course you will have the naysayers.. omg she put what in her juice?

but my reply is.. it is My diy.. no one else.. and if you don't like how i mix, find someone else's recipe :laugh:

There are tons that are fantastic.. even the 2 flavor ones. It all plays off on what you like.. not me! :vapor:

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
juice drippin off my chin" data-source="post: 11090326" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
juice drippin off my chin said:
Thanks to everybody who replied to my original post. Lots of the great advice. I haven't felt picked on as an much as misunderstood. I am definitely planning to develop my DIY skills as recommended (by those of you kind enough to reply to my original post). I've been asking about some good out-of-the-box recipes to hold me over while I'm experimenting and developing a new skill set. Other than that thanks to you all...

mmm depends on what you like, to tide you over.. Haven't seen but this one thread from you.. then again.. haven't had time to lurk much.. but....

simple mixes..

hubba bubba

8% Orange Cream
2% Bubble gum

both from Wizard Labs

or one of my fall backs...

Trybecca

10% RY4 double
1-2 drops AP

or

10% Blueberry Extra
5% Bavarian Cream

make sure you understand on mixing, and wish you the best of luck! :laugh:

Thanks Danny I'm getting ready to place my first order I have a bunch of old Lorann's (bought in 09), which I really didn't like.

The basic flavors I would like to start with would be banana cream, and melon flavors. I don't want anything that tastes like chemicals or candy. Maybe an RY4 for to boot. I'm planning 3 mg of nic (I direct trip rebuildables).

Thanks for the offer,

Marx

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Thanks Danny I'm getting ready to place my first order I have a bunch of old Lorann's (bought in 09), which I really didn't like.

The basic flavors I would like to start with would be banana cream, and melon flavors. I don't want anything that tastes like chemicals or candy. Maybe an RY4 for to boot. I'm planning 3 mg of nic (I direct trip rebuildables).

Thanks for the offer,

Marx

I would then suggest if your just getting ready to order flavors try the hangsen flavors. There all I use.

Hangsen e-Liquid Flavoring | ecigExpress

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
If you want to try an RY4, take a look at the RWhy4 thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquid-recipes/350112-rwhy4-my-new-all-day-vape.html I didn't have Bavarian Cream, so I made it with with just Caramel and TFA Double RY4. Turned out great but it needs more steeping/aging time than anything else I've made. (And I don't usually care for anything tobacco based) The thread is interesting because many have posted their own variations on the original recipe.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
great post... i just started DIY myself and I've found that narrowing down a few flavors that you like is a good start. Then go through the threads that show what brands of a particular flavor vapers like most... i.e. i like coconut, melon, pear, peach... i find threads that vote on best brands of those... there'll be a lot more too i.e. additives or accents.... and experiences.

relatively easy, and also relatively good and definitely a boon to your pocketbook...

in fact it makes it more affordable to splurge on a bit of high end juice now and then

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
most vendors take weeks to months to perfect a juice,,,,,,,some of them even do test trials with customers before it goes on the "market" so to speak,,,,,,

they add flavor, subtract flavor, add tiny bits of other flavorings,,,,,,,,,,,,,they add sweetener,,,,,then try a different sweetener. then they steep the whole thing for weeks,,,,,,,

Yes, you can do it,,,,,,,,,but be aware that it may not happen from the first mix. It might take time, especially if your flavors are somewhat complicated. The more you DIY, the more you'll know what this flavor or this sweetener does to a mix,,,,,,,,and the faster you'll be able to create a fabulous tasting juice.

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
I get what you are saying...like most of us who first started out...you want some good recipes that's already tried and loved by many. I've been DIY for months now and I still have trouble mixing more than a couple flavors at a time. I'm sure these vendors mix quite a few flavors at a time, to make all their yummy juice.

Here's just my suggestions to you..when people say that taste is subjective..they really mean it..LOL Because there are a lot of recipes on here (and other places on the web) and I look at them, see all the ingredients, and think, that does sound good..I like all the flavors mentioned..so I mix it up, let it steep, and think "wow, what are these people thinking" LOL Other people have raved about it, and after me making it, exactly like the recipe showed, I hated it! So really..you just have to expect to not like what others like.

Also, when you are looking at recipes, and there's a recipe that you really want to try, but it list one ingredient that you don't have, or it's not something you think you'd use again...save yourself the $$ and just skip it...or at least I wish someone would have told me that. I now have about 8 flavors that I bought for just one recipe...ended up hating that recipe, and now those bottles are just in my way, collecting dust. I'm sure, down the road, I may end up using them..but doubt it. Was a waste.

I personally, if I were you..would think about the flavors you are wanting to mix, start out with just 1-3 flavors at first...buy those flavors from different brands..because they all taste different..one brand may have a yummy banana, while the next, not so much. Then, mix up just that ONE flavor..do that for each brand that you bought..yes, time consuming and more $$..but if you buy from a brand that's not so great on that flavor, no matter what you mix it with, it won't taste right. Once you figure out which flavor you like from which brand, things will get easier.

I know I didn't offer any recipes and that's what you are after..sorry about that..head over to the recipe section and take a look around. If you see a recipe that lists ALL the flavors that you like, write it down and give it a whirl. Good luck to you!!

vernhall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
United States
I dont know about those particular venders juices, but my juices are better than anything Ive bought.

Absolutely true! All it takes is a little time and preparation with an attention to detail and soon you'll be creating juices that meet or exceed any you can buy... Now are you going to be able to 'clone' a particular flavor? Maybe not, but who knows... :)

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
I personally, if I were you..would think about the flavors you are wanting to mix, start out with just 1-3 flavors at first...buy those flavors from different brands..because they all taste different..one brand may have a yummy banana, while the next, not so much. Then, mix up just that ONE flavor..do that for each brand that you bought..yes, time consuming and more $$..but if you buy from a brand that's not so great on that flavor, no matter what you mix it with, it won't taste right. Once you figure out which flavor you like from which brand, things will get easier.

EXCELLENT ADVICE!

And don't forget, we have a WEALTH of information on this forum! It only takes a few hours to find what others think are the most 'realistic fruit flavors', as well as which ones to avoid (and why).

When searching this forum (like most forums), it's MUCH more effective to use 'Google Advanced'. Paste this URL into the "site or domain" line (in the 2nd section): DIY E-Liquid and use the top section to solidly define your search criteria. You'll be amazed at how easy it is to find 'specifics' this way.

I get what you are saying...like most of us who first started out...you want some good recipes that's already tried and loved by many. I've been DIY for months now and I still have trouble mixing more than a couple flavors at a time. I'm sure these vendors mix quite a few flavors at a time, to make all their yummy juice.

I know I didn't offer any recipes and that's what you are after..sorry about that..head over to the recipe section and take a look around. If you see a recipe that lists ALL the flavors that you like, write it down and give it a whirl. Good luck to you!!

Thank you for the reply. You understood well what I was getting at. I will be following the general advice from you as well as most of the other posters and will give a go at single flavors from different product lines. My target is a banana cream, a melon, and a RY4.

I've done a bit of searching and have yet to find a true flavor list from the various flavor manufacturers. I want to true and juicy flavors and not candy flavors.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I tried DIY about two years ago and gave up- dumped everything I had and went back to buying liquids.

I vape simple, one or two flavor liquids, so what was the problem? I realized the problem was that I was trying to duplicate pre-made liquid that I loved and it was just impossible. I don't know why. Could be the flavoring they used, they probably didn't just use one flavor but mixed several. Maybe they added something to the liquid- who knows.

When I tried it again, I didn't try to duplicate exactly what I bought. I still vape basic fruit flavors, but it took trying flavorings from about 5 suppliers until I found the pineapple I liked or the peach I liked.

Don't try to duplicate until you've been doing it for awhile and develop a knack for it. Start out with some basic vapable flavors and then go from there.

You can even start out with premixed flavorings that some of the suppliers sell. See how you do with that before venturing out into trying individual flavorings. It costs a little more, but the work is done for you. You just add the nic and vg and or pg.

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
Hello DIYer's,

Can I DIY e liquid as good as Mr. Good Vapes or Ben Jonson's?

Marx

Both of 'em look like just another 2 of the dozens and dozens e-liquid companies there are online.
Slick lookin' bottles and catchy names for their juice. So what. I'll take the stuff I mix myself over theirs any day of the week.
:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread