Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
?...my math is:

2 modded Ehpro clones = $60
1 SO kit = $25
1 $100 bill = $100
+ work to do it all

All right, sorry, I guess I was out of line:blush:

I didn't mean to discourage you... just trying to help you tempt the owner of that Ebony (I dont' know who has it):).

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
you'd have to pry my ebony woodvil from my dead hand if you want any chance at all of getting it :blink: :p

Oops... I missed this... yah... you'd have to go to Turbo's house, get your hands on his dibi, and hold it over the concrete floor as hostage...:D

But he MIGHT take 2 REO?

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
I think know who's got the full ebony from the last run (at least according to the PM I received)...

I think offering Turbo my modding service would kinda' be, well, that would be just ridiculous...

I either over estimated the value of my modding offer or under estimated the value of the full ebony...or maybe a bit of both

I'll just leave you folks to be and just keep hoping to get lucky on the classys, thanks though :toast:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
no, mine isn't with an ebony door though. came with a lighter door but I made a snake wood door for it. I like the contrast of 2 woods I guess :)

Oooh. I didn't see an ebony body with a different door... it's ebony and not Wenge? I saw several wenge... I agonized about that Ebony before the sale, but I knew that I could only be guaranteed 1, so went for my #1, the bloodwood. Then another bloodwood because I could. Wonder who got #138??

Was the Ebony the one you put the DNA30 on Turbo??

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I think know who's got the full ebony from the last run (at least according to the PM I received)...

I think offering Turbo my modding service would kinda' be, well, that would be just ridiculous...

I either over estimated the value of my modding offer or under estimated the value of the full ebony...or maybe a bit of both

I'll just leave you folks to be and just keep hoping to get lucky on the classys, thanks though :toast:

Quigs, there were more Ebony door and Ebony bodies tho. I thought you wanted the only solid Ebony (which Turbo doesn't have).

And no.. you didn't overestimate your modding. I can't do it, and a lot of people can't either. If they are willing to let it go, you can negotiate for what they want, never know!! Put it this way, I have the only perfect all bloodwood... AND refinished it, with 6 coats of Tung oil, and I'm not done with the Tung oil yet. I love it. But there ARE trades that would tempt me to give it up :).

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California

LOL. for a brief time i thought you and tcad were the same guy with a username change :)

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
ha, you guys are too funny :) I didn't mean to devalue your modding offer of course, it's just that any trade for a woodvil is not something many would eagerly do, so I'd recommend broadening your scope, any woodvil is a good woodvil and there are other really nice woods too, but yeah, the ebony just happens to be my favorite too I guess :)

yeah gg the ebony is the first one I put the dna in. it came with a curly oak door that I also like but the snakewood door looks awesome with all the brass trim. just got a brass and stainless driptip for it, completes it nice. there were a few ebony bodied woodvils with different doors I think, I was shooting for any of them but I liked the look of the door on this one the best. I think there were 3 ebony bodied 18650's but I'm not so sure.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
^ this. I didn't have to purchase, I just had to play 3 card monty with a bunch of mods til I got my 18490 Coco.
It started with a black wrinkle/ copper vein reo grand.... So there are people who will trade wood for metal( thanks again Angel my angel!)

Once you have wood it's a lot easier to find someone whose been looking for THAT EXACT wood, and would be willing to trade what they consider one of their lesser prizes together ( love you Jan!)

You gotta think strategy my brother. The long game... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MofN is right......except that Cocobolo 18490 wasn't one of my "lesser prizes".......it was one of my sacred treasures. BUT....I really, really wanted that Jatoba 18650......so, DONE. To me that trade was the essence of a perfect trade: we each feel like we got the best end of the deal! :lol:

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
MofN is right......except that Cocobolo 18490 wasn't one of my "lesser prizes".......it was one of my sacred treasures. BUT....I really, really wanted that Jatoba 18650......so, DONE. To me that trade was the essence of a perfect trade: we each feel like we got the best end of the deal! :lol:

(cough) in case you want another jatoba, JC, and have another sacred to trade... :)

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Nice try, Mama....but I pretty much have a full house now. I have an 18490 Jatoba/Jatoba and an 18650 Jatoba/Jatoba (among other things....ahem.) There's just something about the Jatoba wood that I just love......enough to trade a brand new, never used Cocobolo for. And it's funny because I thought I wanted a Cocobolo more than anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread