JonboyUSMC's Lava Tanks

Discussion in 'Modder/Accessories Supplier Forum' started by jonboyusmc, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonboyusmc

jonboyusmc Super Member ECF Veteran

OK, I've had few PM's to make some more of my tank mods. I'm going to post up a couple of sample pics and if there is enough interest, I'll order up some materials and get to work.
    Those that don't know me, I am a master toolmaker with over 25 years of machining experience. My tanks are made with top food-grade delrin end caps, and thick walled lexan tubing. They are also 100% CNC machined, to very tight tolerances. I tried to design these to be indestructible and completely user serviceable.
    These ARE a mod, and with that said, it does take a few tools and a little mechanical experience to change the cartridge. They are a TIGHT fit, to keep them leak free. I'll say that again, they are a TIGHT fit.:-x:-x:-x

Here's some pics. The new ones will have the top cap like the one in picture #2. The one in pic number 2 is stainless steel and not for sale. That's my personal tank, and she's a one of a kind. The next batch will be made with the top cap, that will accept any drip tip you care to put on it. This also gives you the option to fill with a syringe. I don't supply drip tips, since there are so many cool ones to choose from out there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I sell these for $35 shipped. Like I said if there's enough interest, I'll go ahead and make 30 or 40. Send me a PM, or reply to this thread if you're interested.

Thanks for taking the time to look,
    Jon

2. GERGOZ

GERGOZ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

wow, very nice !
    i have a feeling, you are gonna be a busy man !

3. bssage

bssage Super Member ECF Veteran

What you have is very cool. On the fence about getting one.

Also thinking about getting a lightomizer. Could these be made with a light inside?

510???

4. jonboyusmc

If you wanted to solder a resistor and LED inside, you could have a light in it. I just machine and assemble the complete unit as pictures. If your handy with a soldering iron, it would be very easy for you to add an LED in there.

5. Dustydragon

Dustydragon Super Member ECF Veteran

I'm definitely interested in one at least Very nice !!!!!.....

6. cigarbabe

cigarbabe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I think I'd like to have one like your personal tank!
    That being said, and please don't take offense but what makes your tanks
    worth more than the ones from M.A.P.?
    I'd like your honest opinion please. :)
    C.B.
    :evil:

7. danlisi

danlisi Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

I'd be interested definitely nice mod!

8. jonboyusmc

Cigarbabe,
    The MAP tank is $30 not including shipping. Mine are $35 with shipping included. Pretty much the same price. The MAP tanks have had a history of tanks cracking, and to date, I haven't had a tank crack yet. (Knock on wood) I'm not trying to knock anybody else's product, just stating a known fact.

Jon

9. Dustydragon

what are the ones for sale going to be made of? I know not the SS but what lol...

10. hangin1

hangin1 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I personally own one of these tank mods made by John and I must say it is awesome and has worked flawlessly since i recieved it not to mention he has always been very quick on responding to any questions I had regarding it and shipped it very fast to me once payment was made. I definately recommend this seller if you are in the market for a map tank or something similar you cant go wrong with Johns version.

11. jonboyusmc

Dusty,
    Sorry I didn't mention the material for the endcaps. It will be black delrin. It is exactly the same material as food-grade delrin, the only difference being that its dyed black. Food-grade delrin is pure white. I didn't want to use that, simply because it would constantly be getting dirty.

12. Dustydragon

ok sounds good lol by the way my brother in law is a Marine over in Afghanistan right now and I'm trying to convert his mother into vaping and I showed her these and she even wants one lol I hope you don't mind I posted the link on my Facebook and allot of people really admire your work!!

13. GitMoe

GitMoe Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Could be interested. Been wanting a large tank for a while... Whats the turn around time?

14. bjannr

bjannr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I would be interested in one, but not for a few weeks. I'm hoping overtime starts up soon at work.

15. Island Vapor

Island Vapor Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I will take one.Put me on the list.These work the best while I am in the boat.Loking forward to to when you have the new system out you are working on now.A.J In the Bahamas

16. gregbrowne

gregbrowne Senior Member ECF Veteran

Put me on the list

17. jonboyusmc

Thanks for the interest everyone. Materials are on order, and should be here tomorrow. I'll turn everything up Sat. afternoon, and hopefully the cartos will be here by monday.

18. youtubecommercial

youtubecommercial Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Very nice! So I'm Putting in my order for one ....

19. jonboyusmc

OK, to clear up any confusion, here's a couple of the actual tanks that I will be selling. Drip tip is NOT included. I believe this is a better design than my original one-piece tops. These will give you access to the silicone cup and the atty itself. This will also allow you to fill with a syringe if you want. I prefer to pull the top cap off, and the dripper tip of the juice bottle. Then you can just pour it in. Here's the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. iMrNick

iMrNick Full Member

PM sent...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.