Joyetech Ego ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Thanks - I've a feeling the eRoll wick might be silica - it's kind of strandy and perhaps a bit plasticky.

Hmmm I suppose this might be a personal thing - occasionally I get a bit of a burnt taste (with both eroll and ego one), and I actually don't mind it as it's a bit reminiscent of a cigarette.

I've had a look while dry burning it, and my current (stock) coil appears to have a hotspot - the first coil glows hot immediately, and the other five only slowly heat up over time. It tastes fine though, and if I change the coil for another I don't notice much difference.

I'm finding that I'm noticing the hot dairy taste a lot less with time. I'm beginning to suspect that if ever something doesn't taste quite right I should just wait a week and my brain might get used to it...

Hey Tao, yes about the taste I forgot to mention that a fresh coil will also add a different taste to flavour in the begging until it settles down, maybe oxidation is taking place or something like that from the wire working with e-liquid. I don't know how it can be explained but I know I get it and for me it lasts during the first 10-15 puffs;for others not at all, others more. Happens with both nichrome and kanthal for me.

About dry burning the stock coil, it doesn't sound right really. Most of any coils will tend to accumulate more heat in the middle and afterwards heat moves towards the extremes. What about the head you coiled yourself, is it the same behavior?
If the wire is not touching the inner walls you should get an even glow. Like in this photo
CLR_head_06.jpg

Gowanus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
I don't know about you guys, but every CLR coil I've used has started leaking like crazy on day two. Brand new out of the pack, or rewicked with organic cotton. Thin juice, thick juice,... in a Mega, or XL or regular ego one... every one of them leaks down the air hole into the airflow adjuster, and out all over my hands. I'm getting pretty sick of it. there's just nothing to stop it from dripping. I've never had this problem with the regular coils.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't know about you guys, but every CLR coil I've used has started leaking like crazy on day two. Brand new out of the pack, or rewicked with organic cotton. Thin juice, thick juice,... in a Mega, or XL or regular ego one... every one of them leaks down the air hole into the airflow adjuster, and out all over my hands. I'm getting pretty sick of it. there's just nothing to stop it from dripping. I've never had this problem with the regular coils.
I've had no issues with the CLR coils on my One XL, but the whole coil head can loosen, or just the CLR top cap can loosen (or even come off) when unscrewing the tank. I ensure the head is firmly screwed into the base and cap is firmly screwed on the head at every fill. Three weeks and two rewicks on the current CLR head.

Reactions: Izan

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
A bit of off topic guys, the egrip oled has a cl base now which takes the CL heads of the ego one and I asked on their social forum if CLR heads will also fit on this base but one of the staff members replied that it won't but didn't explain why; so I wanted to asked here, is the CLR head any different in outside dimensions and shape from the CL replaceable head? Because if not, I don't see why it wouldn't fit

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Checked their web-site. For CL they write Parameter: Height: 25.5mm, Diameter: 19mm, Resistance: 0.5/1.0ohm ( and they have a picture too; showing some very wrong numbers )

and for CLR Parameter: Height: 10mm, Diameter: 18mm, Resistance: 0.5ohm/1ohm.

If anyone could give the right dimensions, it would be appreciated

yep, I tighten it on every fill, and clean it off with a paper towel to make sure it seals well. remove the coil and wash it all out once a week at least... doesn't seem to matter. with the normal coils it doesn't leak, but with the CLR, it just oozes out.
Try to screw bottom ring that serves for eliquid flow control. 1 circle every time until it stops leaking ;)

Reactions: UncleChuck

Tamarnouche

Jul 16, 2015
Hi everyone, super noob here! I'm going to be a proud owner (hopefully soon) of an Ego one mega. My setup right now is as my profile pic, an istick 30 watts with a mini nautilus. I've loved vaping and started looking for other options. I almost went for the sub box mini from Kanger (the white one) but I had my eye also on the Ego One Mega. Finally, for several different reasons, the EOM was the winner. And I bought myself a set of clr coils which I hope I will be able to rebuild myself. But I have several questions:

- Could I use those already made coils to make things faster ? $4.00 Authentic Kanthal A1 Nichrome Coiled Wires for RDA Atomizers (50-Pack) 50-pack - 1.0ohm / 0.4mm dia. (26 AWG) / 15*15mm leads at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping Or have to buy the wire and cotton and tools to start to do the rebuilding?

- I found the Stumpy RDA clone that has the same diameter as the EOM battery . Do you think it would fit and would I be able to use it for this RDA? Would it look nice? Because in my mind it does.

- Any suggestions, tips for using my EOM? How different will it be from my actual setup?

Thank you in advance, you all are so cool for keeping all of ECF alive for the newbies to come.

Reactions: lazymorulz

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Hy Tamar, it's a very good idea to go with the pre coiled instead of getting into wire, tools, coil makers etc. The only thing I don't like about this personally is that I don't have any insurance that the wire they use is really what they say it is. I hope I'm terribly wrong. I do have another suggestion, maybe get these coils instead because they have longer legs and a bit higher resistance and see how you get along with them and then decide if it's ok or if you want to go lower in resistance. Just my advice.
I think any rda will look good on your mod because it's so short. Though I would suggest to get an origen v3 clone from the same web-site because it has good flavor while still having plenty of air intake options while holding very decent amount of liquid. Another one similar would be the veritas.
As for you last question, I hope actual customers will add to the tips of using this device but one thing that will happen for sure is that you vapor and throat hit will decrease as you use the mod because it doesn't have a chip that powers the atty with the same watts constantly as your istick does. It's kind of like a mechanical, if you know how it works, but it has build in protection. It also doesn't supply direct current from the battery, it's output is an alternating current, but that might be not your interest now :) Bottom line, if it was me I would consider investing in a second mod to have it charged and ready if I'm not satisfied by the performance when the charge decreases. Hope it makes sense.

Here are two threads in here where you can see some builds and feedback
Origen v3 | E-Cigarette Forum
Veritas rda | E-Cigarette Forum - this one looks like some people found some quite complex builds, but don't worry about that, it works with a straight up single microcoil just as good.

Last edited:

Tamarnouche

Jul 16, 2015
Hy Tamar, it's a very good idea to go with the pre coiled instead of getting into wire, tools, coil makers etc. The only thing I don't like about this personally is that I don't have any insurance that the wire they use is really what they say it is. I hope I'm terribly wrong. I do have another suggestion, maybe get these coils instead because they have longer legs and a bit higher resistance and see how you get along with them and then decide if it's ok or if you want to go lower in resistance. Just my advice.
I think any rda will look good on your mod because it's so short. Though I would suggest to get an origen v3 clone from the same web-site because it has good flavor while still having plenty of air intake options while holding very decent amount of liquid. Another one similar would be the veritas.
As for you last question, I hope actual customers will add to the tips of using this device but one thing that will happen for sure is that you vapor and throat hit will decrease as you use the mod because it doesn't have a chip that powers the atty with the same watts constantly as your istick does. It's kind of like a mechanical, if you know how it works, but it has build in protection. It also doesn't supply direct current from the battery, it's output is an alternating current, but that might be not your interest now :) Bottom line, if it was me I would consider investing in a second mod to have it charged and ready if I'm not satisfied by the performance when the charge decreases. Hope it makes sense.

Here are two threads in here where you can see some builds and feedback
Origen v3 | E-Cigarette Forum
Veritas rda | E-Cigarette Forum - this one looks like some people found some quite complex builds, but don't worry about that, it works with a straight up single microcoil just as good.

How can I give you more likes? I already put those coils in my wishlist, they will be the ones to go with. thanks for so much advice!

BTW I'm following you now :)

Tam.

Reactions: proteckt3d

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
How can I give you more likes? I already put those coils in my wishlist, they will be the ones to go with. thanks for so much advice!

BTW I'm following you now :)

Tam.

Your welcome and I'll be following you too :)

Welcome to the forum too, I'm sure you'll like it and fit right in! Feel free to ask guidance here any time

Reactions: Tamarnouche

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Hi guys, I've been trying to read this entire thread. I think I'm around post 280 or so, but was hoping someone might let me know how the finish holds up on the black or colored versions?

Edit: I caught up, read the entire thread and still didn't see any posts that mention how the finish holds up on the color/black versions of these? I am still on the fence about purchasing this. I want it but... Well actually, I may be sold on the mega xl battery. Seems great, but the tank... Seems like it's so fiddly! I LOVE my STM so much and use them exclusively right now. Got one on my 2 istick 30's, on my kbox and kbox mini... RBA's in all of em :) once in a while I use a stock occ, which are pretty great too and if the coils for the one atty were getting better reviews I would take the plunge... I was hoping this thread would convince me... lol Thanks to all the info here guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hitmetwice

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Hey fellow eGo one vapers long time no see! I've been testing out the nickle heads and CLR heads lately, not too happy with them, they wick like crap because they only have two juice holes. Transplanted one of the stock nickle coils into an original 4-hole Kanthal OC head, wicked better but flavor seemed a bit off, could have had a wire touching somewhere as I think they are using 30G nickle and it moves incredibly easily.

I wasn't happy with the CLR heads either, that tiny tiny amount of wick dries out almost instantly and the wick is choked by the little slot it has to travel through. I'm trying to vape these around 30-35 watts, like I do with the original heads, and almost instant dry wick.

So, I finally found a nickle setup that works, I just rebuilt the CLR coils with a .10 ohm 28g coil of a slightly larger diameter than the stock CLR coils, and instead of running the wick outside of the head through the channels I pushed it back to the sides so that there is no wick actually inside the slot, just pushed up against it. Now this thing wicks like crazy, vaping at 480F up to 55W and still keeping up wonderfully (on a sig 75W, around 35J on an SX mini) I've never seen these little tanks putting out so much vapor! I also took the gold plated center pin from the nickle coil and used it on the CLR coil, it definitely provides a better connection as I saw my resistance drop after the change, if you plan to use nickle it would probably be a good idea to source those gold plated pins.

As you can see in the pic the wick comes back around the inside of the head casing instead of out through the slot.

CAM01335.jpg

CAM01336.jpg

Last edited:

caboog78

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Northwest, USA
Hi guys, I've been trying to read this entire thread. I think I'm around post 280 or so, but was hoping someone might let me know how the finish holds up on the black or colored versions?

Edit: I caught up, read the entire thread and still didn't see any posts that mention how the finish holds up on the color/black versions of these? I am still on the fence about purchasing this. I want it but... Well actually, I may be sold on the mega xl battery. Seems great, but the tank... Seems like it's so fiddly! I LOVE my STM so much and use them exclusively right now. Got one on my 2 istick 30's, on my kbox and kbox mini... RBA's in all of em :) once in a while I use a stock occ, which are pretty great too and if the coils for the one atty were getting better reviews I would take the plunge... I was hoping this thread would convince me... lol Thanks to all the info here guys!

My red one got a few chips from being dropped. It then managed to slip out of pocket in a cab, and with out me noticing until the next day, so no pictures of the chips. They were small, though, hardly noticiable and did not detract from the looks.

Reactions: vjdossey

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas

I haven't had any issues with the finish. I only have different colored tanks but still no signs of the finish issues. The only time my little ego one gets any love anymore is when I need to travel light. Since the Sig 150 super tank mini combo came together everything else sits on the shelf.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
My red one got a few chips from being dropped. It then managed to slip out of pocket in a cab, and with out me noticing until the next day, so no pictures of the chips. They were small, though, hardly noticiable and did not detract from the looks.
Sorry you lost your set up... :-/ been there, done that :( thanks for info :) I like the red too, looks nice!!!

caboog78

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Northwest, USA
Sorry you lost your set up... :-/ been there, done that :( thanks for info :) I like the red too, looks nice!!!

Thanks. It was a bummer, the ego one is such a nice piece for out and about I'll probably be picking up another one soon. The red looks great on person, hot rod-esque and the finish looks deep, if that makes sense

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Hey fellow eGo one vapers long time no see! I've been testing out the nickle heads and CLR heads lately, not too happy with them, they wick like crap because they only have two juice holes. Transplanted one of the stock nickle coils into an original 4-hole Kanthal OC head, wicked better but flavor seemed a bit off, could have had a wire touching somewhere as I think they are using 30G nickle and it moves incredibly easily.

I wasn't happy with the CLR heads either, that tiny tiny amount of wick dries out almost instantly and the wick is choked by the little slot it has to travel through. I'm trying to vape these around 30-35 watts, like I do with the original heads, and almost instant dry wick.

So, I finally found a nickle setup that works, I just rebuilt the CLR coils with a .10 ohm 28g coil of a slightly larger diameter than the stock CLR coils, and instead of running the wick outside of the head through the channels I pushed it back to the sides so that there is no wick actually inside the slot, just pushed up against it. Now this thing wicks like crazy, vaping at 480F up to 55W and still keeping up wonderfully (on a sig 75W, around 35J on an SX mini) I've never seen these little tanks putting out so much vapor! I also took the gold plated center pin from the nickle coil and used it on the CLR coil, it definitely provides a better connection as I saw my resistance drop after the change, if you plan to use nickle it would probably be a good idea to source those gold plated pins.

As you can see in the pic the wick comes back around the inside of the head casing instead of out through the slot.

CAM01335.jpg

CAM01336.jpg

Nice one, this is how I was thinking to set it up when I get it too. It looks though that you lose liquid control ability this way?

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london

IMAG1916_1.jpg

I've had my black 1100 mAh Ego One for about 3 months and the paint finish on the airflow ring is wearing off. Apart from this, paint on the rest of the body is holding up well. I also have the 2200 mAh version in silver, which I have had longer than the 1100 but it still looks brand new. So unless Joyetech change the way they coat the Ego Ones I would stay with the silver finish.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
View attachment 475852

I've had my black 1100 mAh Ego One for about 3 months and the paint finish on the airflow ring is wearing off. Apart from this, paint on the rest of the body is holding up well. I also have the 2200 mAh version in silver, which I have had longer than the 1100 but it still looks brand new. So unless Joyetech change the way they coat the Ego Ones I would stay with the silver finish.
Is your 2200 the 'silver' or stainless?

Reactions: Jin_888
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread