Just For LM2596 Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Junk. I bought a 3A version. For one thing you will need to get unprotected cells. The charging input is a DC jack, so I had to make a cable. Simply as a charger it only took the cells to 4.11V. I was using/testing it with a PT, it was providing about ~2.7A with a DCC and that's fine.

One day a week later though nothing, I guess I failed to note the directions, I hit the reset a couple of times with the charging cable plugged in and smoked it.

Love the fact they are using a Uni-T meter. Got one coming on the way, they are an inexpensive mid end meter that has gotten some pretty decent reviews lately. Pretty well liked because they have features similar to the 12buck meter models.
WTH you talking about??? And what kind of desirable features do $12 meters have?

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
@Quigsworth what is the status of your project with lm2596 and digital potentiometer? :D

Well, I was going to springboard off the confidence gained from the stellar victory of my first touch switch and jump right into it...now, once I get my confidence out of the ditch...:laugh:...I printed your schematic, laid out the parts on it... some of the parts aren't breadboard friendly so I'll have to touch some temp leads on...I'm more concerned with the perf board layout, thinking I may just jump right in and get the stuff to make my own pcb (if you have a design for that cct say in a pdf or jpg or what ever I can scale onto a piece of board?)...my plan is to mount 3 of those ball tact switches on the back of the pcb so it's one complete modual...however, I've got 2 buddies that are vaping now that have come to the realization that their eGo T's don't seem to be as good as the things I make (I told them, do they listen?) so I'm working on a couple boxes for them, once that's done...

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

Snap on 12v lipo pack for my LM2596 PT.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
The 10-pack of LM2596s is an auction; the same seller has them for $2.16 each. If I needed more at the moment, I'd just do a Buy It Now :D.

I've got enough at the moment. Not to mention I've run into a modding slump with RW interferences :rolleyes:

<<come on Powerball lottery!! Da Catt needs some free time to mod!!! LOL!>>

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
I've run into a modding slump with RW interferences :rolleyes:

Don't you just hate that?...now my wife is going on about buying a weekend "get-away" in the Mt Baker area, WA...great,... honey when you're done renovating the kitchen and replacing the roof, build a deck so I can tan more comfortably...oh ya, can't wait...

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
What is the smallest one off ebay i have a few but non will work
Seems your question should be more along the lines of:

I have a few of these and for the life of me a can't get the freaking things to work. :(

I need to figure out why before I spend anymore money.

Here are some large pics and a detailed description of what I've done. ;)

Can anyone help?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread