Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Great rundown of RTA's for consideration for MTL. I prefer a fairly tight draw, and the reviews I've read for a lot of the tanks on your list don't appear to give this from reviews I've read. The Kayfun V5 mini Clone I bought is a beautiful tank, a lot of folks said great for MTL, but its too airy for my taste and the inserts didn't fit that I bought to restrict the flow. I like my Kayfun V2 plus clone, but it's not top fill and I'm spoiled by that now. I bought a Kafun V3 Mini clone from 3F Vape and liked the flavor a lot, much better for MTL than the V5, yet the air flow control doesn't seem to do anything, and if I could I would make it a little more restrictive. I plan on picking up a vape band, putting a hole in it, and covering up a few of the air intake holes and see hwo that does. (Going for Nautilus mini restricted flow with the flavor of a Kayfun lol). I still love it though for it's juice flow control and top fill and good flavor.
After reading a lot of reviews and viewing Youtube videos, I just placed an order for two more different Kayfun V3 Mini clones from fasttech and will compare the two when I get them:
SKU: 4278000
SKU:
I'm sticking to working with the Kayfun V3 mini's for now since every time I hear someone say the OBS Engine, Digiflavor Siren, Merlin, Kayfun V5, *insert your best MTL tank ever for flavor name here* I go and read reviews and they all appear to have airier draw for MTL than I like. If you like airy MTL and higher power then I"m sure some of those tanks are fine, but for me I prefer to run at lower power (8 - 10w) and get better flavor with denser vapor on a tight draw, so airy doesn't do it for me.
In regards to the airflow adjustment on the km3...it could be an issue on the clones or a loose fitting screw because every km3 I own can tighten down all the way. Although i never needed one, I have heard something about a plastic af screw which might hold in position. So as you tighten that little screw , it doesn't close the draw? Or it does but doesn't stay?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
In regards to the airflow adjustment on the km3...it could be an issue on the clones or a loose fitting screw because every km3 I own can tighten down all the way. Although i never needed one, I have heard something about a plastic af screw which might hold in position. So as you tighten that little screw , it doesn't close the draw? Or it does but doesn't stay?

The airflow screw doesn't close down the draw in the KF V3 Mini I have from 3F Vape. The next time I take it apart I will investigate further to see if I can figure out why. For the clones I've ordered from fasttech, some of the reviewers said the airflow screw worked fine, others said it didn't, that's why I ordered two different clones to see which is best.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
The airflow screw doesn't close down the draw in the KF V3 Mini I have from 3F Vape. The next time I take it apart I will investigate further to see if I can figure out why. For the clones I've ordered from fasttech, some of the reviewers said the airflow screw worked fine, others said it didn't, that's why I ordered two different clones to see which is best.[/QUOTE]
Maybe a burr on the threads? I know the first time I adjusted the AF it was a bit tight but once I forced it slightly, it freed it up and then worked fine. I think because it's a tiny screw driver it doesn't give enough force . I bet if you actually gave it a little more force, it will tighten

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
The airflow screw doesn't close down the draw in the KF V3 Mini I have from 3F Vape. The next time I take it apart I will investigate further to see if I can figure out why. For the clones I've ordered from fasttech, some of the reviewers said the airflow screw worked fine, others said it didn't, that's why I ordered two different clones to see which is best.
Maybe a burr on the threads? I know the first time I adjusted the AF it was a bit tight but once I forced it slightly, it freed it up and then worked fine. I think because it's a tiny screw driver it doesn't give enough force . I bet if you actually gave it a little more force, it will tighten

I'll try that, thanks

Reactions: vapdivrr

Protheus

Apr 30, 2015
Hey all, thanks for the replies.. sorry was out of town during the weekend.
The By Leo Calix is not my favorite tank nor is it a perfect tank in my opinion that fits all of my criteria, but I use and enjoy it a lot and I think it’s worth a look. I am fortunate that I got a good deal on a v1 in the Classifieds. I subsequently purchased the v2 base and the Nano kit from By Leo and my favorite and long running set up is a Calix v2 Nano Elegance. I also like the Sophia v1 and v2 and By Leo is among my favorite modders.

Due to the construction of the SS cup it seems to me that spaced coils work better due to the distance between “posts”. I use spaced coils with Kanthal on mechanical mods and VW and with Ni200 in TC with great results. Good flavor and good vapor for my juices, although I don’t go above 14w and I feel that the Calix is a cooler vape than other atomizers at the same power so I kick it up a bit on the Calix.

I prefer atomizers with glass, so I’m careful with what I put in the plastic tank that I use on the Calix. This is my #1 negative that doesn’t meet my criteria that seeks "perfection". Otherwise, side AFC, top fill, juice control, MTL capable without killing flavor, stable TC, and looks are all met. One thing that is nice is that By Leo has declared that this is a platform and they already have a lot of options that you can pick and choose from to try to tailor to your needs.

One may need a tight fitting drip tip to be able to turn the JC without it slipping. I would say the same for Sophia. I like the By Leo drip tips and have no problems when I use them, so I do. I like the STR 10 SS.

I prefer a MTL vape. The best example that I can offer is that the GP Spheroid v3 is too tight for me, but I love the v4 half open. The AFC on the Calix v2 base can be tightened to my preference, but there is a whooshing sound that one might find annoying. I tend to run the Calix v2 a little more open than I would like to minimize the whoosh. Like I said above, it’s not perfect, but I do really like it and would not push it on anyone, but would definitely offer it for consideration. Lately it’s been what I’ve been grabbing and enjoying it with Ni200 in TC mode and I love the flavor, the vapor, the ease of filling, and no leaks (if I make sure not to open the JC too much after filling a full tank).

wow thank you very much, now im wondering about your favorite tanks, so what is your favorite tank?
i also didnt have any experience building a TC coils on my MTL vape, i find their wraps are too much due to the wires usually have lower resistance thn khantal, hence the ramp up time increase significantly thus tiring me out during my chainvape session. how do you built your TC vape?

@Protheus, you mentioned about the km3 wobbling when opening JC, how many turns do you open? Even at 25 watts and 70vg juice I only open to 1 to 1.5 turns and have no problems with vape or wobbles. I did buy a cheap clone for the wife and that had half the threads as the authentic, which wobbled after like 1 turn. Also you mentioned the erlkonigin has no top fill?

2 turns, due to my style of vaping (i chain vape with minimal suction power) 2 turns seem to ensure the wick is always covered with juice.
Erlkonigin does HAVE top fill.. my bad. its for syringe though, and somehow it leaks when you tighten the drip tip too much after top fill (happened last night), wasnt sure its because of the vacuum or anything.

Great rundown of RTA's for consideration for MTL. I prefer a fairly tight draw, and the reviews I've read for a lot of the tanks on your list don't appear to give this from reviews I've read. The Kayfun V5 mini Clone I bought is a beautiful tank, a lot of folks said great for MTL, but its too airy for my taste and the inserts didn't fit that I bought to restrict the flow. I like my Kayfun V2 plus clone, but it's not top fill and I'm spoiled by that now. I bought a Kafun V3 Mini clone from 3F Vape and liked the flavor a lot, much better for MTL than the V5, yet the air flow control doesn't seem to do anything, and if I could I would make it a little more restrictive. I plan on picking up a vape band, putting a hole in it, and covering up a few of the air intake holes and see hwo that does. (Going for Nautilus mini restricted flow with the flavor of a Kayfun lol). I still love it though for it's juice flow control and top fill and good flavor.
After reading a lot of reviews and viewing Youtube videos, I just placed an order for two more different Kayfun V3 Mini clones from Fasttech and will compare the two when I get them:
SKU: 4278000
SKU:
I'm sticking to working with the Kayfun V3 mini's for now since every time I hear someone say the OBS Engine, Digiflavor Siren, Merlin, Kayfun V5, *insert your best MTL tank ever for flavor name here* I go and read reviews and they all appear to have airier draw for MTL than I like. If you like airy MTL and higher power then I"m sure some of those tanks are fine, but for me I prefer to run at lower power (8 - 10w) and get better flavor with denser vapor on a tight draw, so airy doesn't do it for me.

Now this is interesting, i usually ran at 15w MAX (usually its 10-12w) with 1.3 - 1.6 ohm, but this past two weeks ive been running my KFMv3 with 20-22w with subohm coils(0,7++ ohm, never go lower though). The airflow is remain unchanged, i never like airy vape, its still very tight, with that much power it seems (for me) the density somehow increased significantly, its warmer and brings out more flavor that i didnt even know the juice has it. Kayfun v5 is failing hard on me, even kayfun 4 feels like too airy for me and doesnt make the same density as KFL+ or KFMv3.
So yeah, i guess we have the same preferences. whats your favorite set up David?

also cloud one, anyone been using it? the design looks like it'll give wonderfull MTL vape.
this discussions is probably more informative thn my 4 years of vaping experience lol.

Reactions: Opinionated

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
@Protheus Gotcha on syringe, that is what I use but have used the pointed eliquid bottles and a regular juice bottle as well. I find when filling to keep the syringe out of the juice that accumulating in the tank , sometimes if you have the syringe down in the residual juice and add to it, it can force juice into the channel holes, especially if you don't have enough wicking material. But the main reason for the juice to flow from bottom is insufficient wicking material, but not by much.

Protheus

Apr 30, 2015
@vapdivrr thanks! Yea its probably the wick. My wicking games are still weak, erl is gorgeous, no doubt abt it, when i built it right, it vapes like a champion, but its so hard lol, and this thing sure is noisy.
I rarely use a syringe, most of my liquid is a standard bottle with pipette, its pretty messy when i force-refill it.
Theres one unique thing abt erl which i adore and find a bit strange, the vapor production is minimal, i swear sometimes it only produce vapor like a smoke from the analogs, it was so small, i can barely see the vapors, but during those miniscule vapor, the flavor were incredible! And this is a huge plus for me, minimum vapor production means better public vaping experience, no one is going to be offended by my vape, and i still have my precious flavorful vape. :D

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
wow thank you very much, now im wondering about your favorite tanks, so what is your favorite tank?
i also didnt have any experience building a TC coils on my MTL vape, i find their wraps are too much due to the wires usually have lower resistance thn khantal, hence the ramp up time increase significantly thus tiring me out during my chainvape session. how do you built your TC vape?

My favorite RBAs are the Kayfun Mini v3, the GP Spheroid v4, and the By Leo Sophia v2. For TC I’ve been trying different builds, but a single spaced 2.5mm diameter coil of 7 wraps of 30awg Ni200 comes out to .13Ω and seems to work well for me.

Protheus

Apr 30, 2015
My favorite RBAs are the Kayfun Mini v3, the GP Spheroid v4, and the By Leo Sophia v2. For TC I’ve been trying different builds, but a single spaced 2.5mm diameter coil of 7 wraps of 30awg Ni200 comes out to .13Ω and seems to work well for me.

I see, it seems you prefer slim tanks, well they are beautiful, its just i prefer much shorter tanks with 22mm (so i wont fill the juice every 5 minutes lol).
anyway thanks for the discussion mate.

My friend have the cloudone and calix, he will be home in like 2 weeks, and we make a plan to hangout with clean cloudone and calix tank :D, I will try to build it, and ill update on how it taste compared to the incumbent best (for me) MTL tank KFMv3

Reactions: Firestorm

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
@vapdivrr thanks! Yea its probably the wick. My wicking games are still weak, erl is gorgeous, no doubt abt it, when i built it right, it vapes like a champion, but its so hard lol, and this thing sure is noisy.
I rarely use a syringe, most of my liquid is a standard bottle with pipette, its pretty messy when i force-refill it.
Theres one unique thing abt erl which i adore and find a bit strange, the vapor production is minimal, i swear sometimes it only produce vapor like a smoke from the analogs, it was so small, i can barely see the vapors, but during those miniscule vapor, the flavor were incredible! And this is a huge plus for me, minimum vapor production means better public vaping experience, no one is going to be offended by my vape, and i still have my precious flavorful vape. :D
Still to date, with all the tanks I had , sold, and still have, the erlk is the perfect size (nano tank) and style I like the best. It does have that swoochy sound but does produce about the same vapor production as my km3's but it did take the longest out of any of my tanks to build just right. No doubt it was the trickiest and fiddliest to build

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
I was exactly like you. I loved the mini v3 but thought it looked ridiculous. So I got the mini v3 plus from fasttech and problem solved. It's wider, so it looks perfect on my provari. It also holds a lot more juice. Other than that, it's identical to the mini v3. It ticks all the boxes for me and I don't intend to ever bothering with any other tank.

Protheus

Apr 30, 2015
Okay, so I've finally get my hands on cloudone and calix.. Cloudone is not on kfm3 level sadly, but calix.. This thing is good, but the base is troublesome lol.. I always wondered what was on the designers mind with "unique" base setup like calix. It makes coiling much harder (prolly because Im spoilt with kayfun base design). Calix a bit leaking though, not sure why, and that juice control mechanism is suck, when the driptip is moist, its so hard to close/open the juice control. Too much hassle.. Back to square one. Please post any MTL that i haven't mention that i may liked, i might try to find it here. Thanks guys

I was exactly like you. I loved the mini v3 but thought it looked ridiculous. So I got the mini v3 plus from fasttech and problem solved. It's wider, so it looks perfect on my provari. It also holds a lot more juice. Other than that, it's identical to the mini v3. It ticks all the boxes for me and I don't intend to ever bothering with any other tank.
Before i bought the auth, i did bought kfm clone from ft, thats where i found the flavor of this atty was top notch, my clone had issues though, the juice channel cant close properly, so whenever i topfill the tank, its flooding like crazy. This "plus" have the same airhole as kfm? Do you have any issue so far? Can you give me the sku? I might check that one out. Thanks

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
Okay, so I've finally get my hands on cloudone and calix.. Cloudone is not on kfm3 level sadly, but calix.. This thing is good, but the base is troublesome lol.. I always wondered what was on the designers mind with "unique" base setup like calix. It makes coiling much harder (prolly because Im spoilt with kayfun base design). Calix a bit leaking though, not sure why, and that juice control mechanism is suck, when the driptip is moist, its so hard to close/open the juice control. Too much hassle.. Back to square one. Please post any MTL that i haven't mention that i may liked, i might try to find it here. Thanks guys

Before i bought the auth, i did bought kfm clone from ft, thats where i found the flavor of this atty was top notch, my clone had issues though, the juice channel cant close properly, so whenever i topfill the tank, its flooding like crazy. This "plus" have the same airhole as kfm? Do you have any issue so far? Can you give me the sku? I might check that one out. Thanks
The one I got was 4596400.You might try replacing your o-rings in the deck if the juice control is not working. There were also some minis that didn't seat all the way because the base was a hair small and you had to squeeze the the bottom of the tank a bit to get it to fit. But I've had no problems with the plus version.

AshF83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2016
Hi @Protheus
I was in the same boat as you for a while. I have both a genuine Calix v1 and v2, and a genuine kfv3. Love all these tanks, they all have there pros and cons, for me, out of the 3, the Calix v2 wins hands down. Superb flavour with both custurd and fruity profiles. It holds a decent level of juice and wicking is a doddle with juice control. The deck is unique and does take a few builds to get comfortable with but once you've got the knack of it, it's great. Unlike the kfv3 which is based on a pressure system, you can get a little leakage if you leave it on it's side (due to the reliance on JFC) but overall it wins for me.

I look for:
MTL
Flavour
juice capacity
Reliability (no leaking)
Ease of wicking.

If you have a spare bit of cash, I would highly recommend the Billet Box rev4 with an Exocet which can house a Kayfun 5 reducer. AMAZING! Mtl experiance just like the kfv3, 5ml juice capacity, piss easy wicking, not a drop of leaking, great flavour...what's not to like [emoji108] [emoji106] [emoji110]

Hope that helps buddy.

Ash

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Cumulo Vapus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2016
7. Origen 19/22, i have high hopes for this tank, i cant say it wasnt good, but personally the flavor is losing to kfv3 mini, I've compare both of them side by side same material same resistance same juice, its still losing, maybe because its not as warm as kfv3 mini or god knows why, and the top fill is flooding like crazy.

Im sorry to learn that you're not getting along with the origen 19/22…IMO it simply is the finest mtl tank Ive experienced….way better than KFV3 Mini and Doggystyle 2K16. The flavour, in particular, is off the charts…I would suggest you watch the videos on how to wick it...again. Also, it is very important that when you seat the airflow piece on the deck, the smallest hole must be directly facing the coil. This is what gives you the flavour. You must also raise the coil as high as possible…and put lots of cotton in the deck and on the deck surface.

Please give it another chance.

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
I have owned every tank mentioned here. I buy every MTL tank that comes on the market, just to try.

Why has no one mentioned the Squape Rs? This handily beats all the tanks listed here. I am not talking about the newer and over engineered Squape X Dream, and I don't mean the old Squape Reloaded.

The 2015 Squape Rs is still the least fiddly, brain dead easy to build, intense flavor tank ever manufactured. I sold all my coveted Kayfun Lites V2's because of this tank.

Just try one. Your search will be over and your other tanks will quickly become obsolete.

You can still buy the superbly made SXK Squape Rs clone if price is an issue. Thank me later.

The Digiflavor Siren GTA is a great MTL tank if you want something comparable to the Kayfun Mini V3.

It had completely sold out, and the manufacturer didn't have plans to make more, but after hundreds of requests they've decided to make another 4000.

One of the first places to list them was 3avape.

89 units left, in either black or Stainless Steel, 22mm, top fill, and holds 4ml of liquid. There's also a 25mm version that holds 5ml of liquid.

√ Digiflavor Siren 22MM MTL GTA

QTR

MOUTH TO LUNG VAPERS
on Facebook

Reactions: bigbob2322

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
I have now put a Kayfun mini V3 through a long hard workout over several months. I used all my favorite tobacco flavors that I am familiar with, and a few bakery sweet tooth flavors. I have to say that I am super impressed with this little tank. It easily beats the Kayfun Lite, Kayfun V4, and Kayfun V5 for flavor, and can hang very close with the Squape Rs. I think it is most definitely right at the top of the list for MTL flavor attys of everything currently available. Just a fantastic little tank all around.

It takes less than 30 seconds to refill, so I am not sure why people complain about this issue. This is now my second favorite MTL tank. It is probably a better choice than the Squape Rs at this point in time, as whole tanks and parts are easily available, not so for the Squape Rs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread