L.a. No vaping allowed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

locomikey5150

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2014
Orange County, CA
Other cities in the county are following suit, apparently. Cerritos banned usage at any public area (parks, outside of government buildings, etc.), and they have also put a moratorium in place for new vape shops. VapeRev has to be stoked, since they're the only existing vape shop in Cerritos. I watched the city council video online of when they extended the moratorium (originally was only for 45 days; now it's been extended another 22 months), and 5 people who obviously know NOTHING about vaping decided that folks who want to start a business for something completely legal by state and federal standards is NOT ALLOWED.

I found it amazing that the mayor of the city outright said they can't really enforce the ban part much due to state and federal laws, but at least they can prevent new businesses from forming in their city.

I thought America was the land of the free and the home of the brave, but lately I see America as the land of the over-taxed and over-regulated, and home of the serfs. These are very sad times, indeed.

silar

Jun 5, 2014
United States
That is just crazy.. Here in Kentucky, my wife even walks around in the local Walmart and vapes. I have this guilt feeling so I don't. I almost look at it like 'I never smoked in Walmart, so why would I vape there?'. She said.. 'Cause I can!'. I guess she's right... Until someone freaks out and then we end up having some kind of ban in place where we live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread