Let's make a list of juices/flavors that crack tanks, ce2's/clearos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I hate to even put this here, because I was SUPER shocked when it happened.
Well, I had Vapalicious Gooey Butter Cake in a Torpedo Tank for 3 days & sure enough, when I picked it up last night, it was cracked. Now I need to narrow down the ingredients in that juice, & find a supplier for pink polycarbonate with that ID/OD.

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Granted, it would be nice to know what cracks the tanks, but a delicate, possibly useless tank problem still has to be addressed. As so many people like these tanks, how about simply replacing the super-clear tank with the softer, frosty plastic similar to that in the syringe mods. Maybe not quite as purdy, but what the hell. I'm not sure what type of plastic these two actually are, but instead of replacing it with more of the same type, is the other plastic available?

Anyone know the exact types of plastics to look for when buying replacement tubing?

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Granted, it would be nice to know what cracks the tanks, but a delicate, possibly useless tank problem still has to be addressed. As so many people like these tanks, how about simply replacing the super-clear tank with the softer, frosty plastic similar to that in the syringe mods. Maybe not quite as purdy, but what the hell. I'm not sure what type of plastic these two actually are, but instead of replacing it with more of the same type, is the other plastic available?

I couldn't agree more.

Anyone know the exact types of plastics to look for when buying replacement tubing?

I wish I knew.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
polycarbonate is what you would look for

A stainless steel tank would probably be the best option. Luckily i've got a G-tank that will be delivered this week, & another co-op from Germany should be coming in the week after that. Now my ultramax is aluminum, & inside the tank is a large ceramic wick.

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Hey folks, Just a heads up, there is One Tube that you can get for your tanks that WILL NOT CRACK with any juice, and that material is Pyrex. Pyrex tubing is laboratory quality and will not crack by putting a juice in it. The only person that I know carries them pre cut for their tanks is Jonah. I am not certain if they will fit other tanks like my MAP DCT but I am going to order one from Welcome to Vapor Age - Step out of the smoke..... and see if it does fit. I will report back when I do the test on it in a few weeks.

Nate aka Darth Vapor

Edited to Add: Crud, Out of Stock on the Pyrex, so when he does get some more pyrex tubes made I will order some and give it a shot and get back to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I'll be looking forward to your opinion on these.

Hey folks, Just a heads up, there is One Tube that you can get for your tanks that WILL NOT CRACK with any juice, and that material is Pyrex. Pyrex tubing is laboratory quality and will not crack by putting a juice in it. The only person that I know carries them pre cut for their tanks is Jonah. I am not certain if they will fit other tanks like my MAP DCT but I am going to order one from Welcome to Vapor Age - Step out of the smoke.....http://www.vaporage.com and see if it does fit. I will report back when I do the test on it in a few weeks.

Nate aka Darth Vapor

Edited to Add: Crud, Out of Stock on the Pyrex, so when he does get some more pyrex tubes made I will order some and give it a shot and get back to everyone.

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
I looked at the VA tanks before, cool that they offer them but they are clear about no warranty, variances, etc. They won't have chemical-related cracking, but I wonder about longevity due to basic mechanical stresses.

I feel the same way.

Oh I understand both of these completely, I am sure that these are going to be a lot more useful to someone who is extremely careful,(Such as myself), with their PV as I believe these will not be as shatter resistant when it comes to impacts as the polycarbonate tanks are. As far as stress cracks? Well that remains to be seen, I know that I have stress tested many items made of Pyrex and they have all stood up extremely well under a really high stress load so I don't think this will be too much of an issue. The other thing I like about the Pyrex idea is that it is pretty much a non scratch and non porous material so you won't get a scratch in it that may end up collecting contaminates that may ultimately affect your tank. If you scratch a polycarbonate tube you run the risk of something unsavory getting into that scratch and staying there, which ultimately can lead to biological hazards taking hold of your favorite tank.

I'll be looking forward to your opinion on these.

Thank you my4jewels, I really look forward to providing a totally thorough review of these and posting it.

Nate aka Darth Vapor

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Mine started with hairline cracks, and then they splintered out like a tree veeeeerrry gradually. In my case, I didn't lose any juice, and it wasn't too dramatic, no exploding tubes, no drips. I did lose 2 tank tubes, though. Everyone's experience is different depending on the juice, I guess.

Interesting, never seen or heard of this. What exactly happens? Are we talking a lil dripping after crack or a mini explosion of sorts where juice gets all over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread